lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 198
January 3rd, 2022 at 8:54:39 AM permalink

technical error in the clip

Ace (De Niro) says to the gray haired guy____________"BJ 19 second base the beard"

but the beard isn't at second base

the beard is at 3rd base - since there's no one sitting on the farthest chair to his left

3rd base is the last to receive a card from the dealer on the initial dealout - and that is the beard

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 216
January 3rd, 2022 at 9:35:39 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Ace (De Niro) says to the gray haired guy____________"BJ 19 second base the beard"

the beard is at 3rd base - since there's no one sitting on the farthest chair to his left

3rd base is the last to receive a card from the dealer on the initial dealout - and that is the beard

link to original post

So if I am playing alone at first base, am I now third base? I've never put much thought into it, but it seems the first position is first base and the last postion is third base, even if they are empty.
In your scenerio, suppose somebody just sat down at 3rd while security is headed over?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 198
January 3rd, 2022 at 10:06:11 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: lilredrooster

link to original post

So if I am playing alone at first base, am I now third base? I've never put much thought into it, but it seems the first position is first base and the last postion is third base, even if they are empty.
In your scenerio, suppose somebody just sat down at 3rd while security is headed over?
link to original post

even if I accepted your comments as being accurate - which I don't - (bases are never called unless there are players there)_____________

there is still a technical error in the clip - there is no way the beard is at 2nd base - there are 3 players at the table - and he is the furthest from 1st base

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe

• Jump to: