kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 214
August 16th, 2021 at 10:06:57 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

KewlJ,
I cannot prove it, but I concur that there is linkage between what Alan posted in those threads and what you had posted of your experience.
You've got it off your chest now. You've exercised the privilege* that is free speech on this forum.
Now, as I recently said in another thread, "Let's keep it far, far more than civil, gentlemanly, and so far within the rules that there is no doubt.

Goes for everyone."

*Yup. "Privilege"

Oncedear, these 2 posts on two topics that Alan started aboiut me, where in no way meant to be uncivil, or trolling. I like Alan and have had both these discussions with him before and he admits he doesn't play or understand much about blackjack, much less card counting. Since he brought these topics up again and they are really in reference to me and my experiences, I simply wanted to correct some misconceptions Alan relayed, and a very wrong conclusion, that a card counter losing $6000 in one day lost (120) small wagers. A card counters loses for the day are really about his Large or max wagers.

Not meant to be confrontational at all, but reather contributing to the discussion and correcting a couple false statement.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 48
August 16th, 2021 at 10:19:30 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Oncedear, these 2 posts on two topics that Alan started aboiut me, where in no way meant to be uncivil, or trolling. I like Alan and have had both these discussions with him before and he admits he doesn't play or understand much about blackjack, much less card counting. Since he brought these topics up again and they are really in reference to me and my experiences, I simply wanted to correct some misconceptions Alan relayed, and a very wrong conclusion, that a card counter losing $6000 in one day lost (120) small wagers. A card counters loses for the day are really about his Large or max wagers.

Not meant to be confrontational at all, but reather contributing to the discussion and correcting a couple false statement.

No problem KJ.

I think it was possibly disingenuous of him to make those two posts as he did. The coincidences are off the scale. I see that.

Let's be generous and say maybe he forgot where he'd seen those 'articles'

If you read other replies he's received, he has been put straight on the misconceptions that he put forward.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
kewlj
kewlj
August 16th, 2021 at 10:25:06 AM permalink

No problem KJ.

I think it was possibly disingenuous of him to make those two posts as he did. The coincidences are off the scale. I see that.

Let's be generous and say maybe he forgot where he'd seen those 'articles'

If you read other replies he's received, he has been put straight on the misconceptions that he put forward.

None of that really matters to me. I am familiar with how Alan operates. lol.

I am fine with him wanting to question two topics that were discussed the day before his posts and am fine with him questioning and expressing his skeptisism. I just wanted the opportunity to respond and join the discussion and unfortunately that had to wait a couple weeks. :/

Anything that Alan wants to add, I am happy to try to help him understand anything about either situation that he has questions about.
kewlj
kewlj
August 16th, 2021 at 10:40:22 AM permalink

And by the way some responsed did just that, but some didn't in large part because the respondants didn't understand that Alan was talking about missed cards at a second table. That is crutial to the discussion.

Alan just said something like is it all right for a card counter to miss cards? The answer is of course not. You want your count to be as accurate as possible for best results. BUT in the case of tracking a second table, a player will miss a couple cards here and there and that is acceptable in the case of tracking a second table because the advantage of doing so is so huge And approximate count is absoluetely fine. Again, Stanford Wong proved this.

Now if I am only counting one table, my primary table and am missing cards right and left, then yes, I have a problem.

• Jump to: