LAD
LAD
  • Threads: 21
June 28th, 2021 at 3:27:25 PM permalink
Forgive me if this has been answered I cannot find it..
Would appreciate help from any players, including the Wiz, who have experience with this counting method

Using A,5 count..spread 1-8 units

Count is +2 I raise my one unit bet to two units. Do I keep it at 2 units until count goes to +3 and then raise my bet to 4 units..and then if it goes to +4 I raise to my max of 8 units ? Do I decrease if count begins to go down ?
Or do I always progress up to 8 units and stay there as long as the count is at least +2 ?

Also presuming this is a six deck shoe game..if count goes to +2 after the first round , say 2-3 players at a table do I begin my progression or do i wait till the dealer deals a few more rounds ?

Thanks to anyone who can be of assistance.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
June 29th, 2021 at 2:17:34 AM permalink
Your questions are answered here: https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/ace-five-count/
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
Thanked by
LAD
June 30th, 2021 at 2:24:41 PM permalink
I'd also throw in: A-5 count does not practically win long term. Mathematically it can get a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny (did I mention tiny) edge but that's also with perfect play and the complete understanding of Risk of Ruin, Bankroll Management, and with Kelly Betting. If you're going to put in the effort to try to actually make this positive for you, you're just honestly better off learning a simple count like Hi/Low and actually getting an edge. Either way you have to learn those other topics to be break even or profitable, and the amount of time to learn A-5 as opposed to Hi/Low, in my opinion, is near negligible.

Might I suggest the A-Z counting cards in blackjack article on this very site: https://wizardofvegas.com/articles/A-to-Z-Counting-Cards-in-Blackjack/
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: