LostWages
LostWages
Joined: May 6, 2013
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 386
April 28th, 2018 at 9:07:51 AM permalink
Quote: troopscott

Hardrocks blackjack is typically $15 with an occasional $10 table in the mornings

Plenty of VP machines to fill your day.

Lastly look at Berns steakhouse or Charlies steakhouse

https://bernssteakhouse.com

I would do berns and hit the sessert room afterwards.

A lot of the clesrwater restaurants tend to end up on dirty diners so we rarely eat there (we live in tamps)

No live craps or roulette in florids



Ah, a source for Video Poker if the urge comes! BJ too rich for my pocket. Super tips for wifey if she gets the Prime Rib yearning! Berns might just do the trick! Thanks for your share!
Eat real food . . . and you won't need medicine (or a lot less!)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 5939
Thanks for this post from:
LostWages
April 28th, 2018 at 9:48:46 AM permalink
Quote: Boz



My favorite steakhouse is actually LeeRoy Selmons but it is across the causeway in Tampa, a 20 minutes drive from Clearwater. Owned by a former Buc player,



He has been dead for 7 years so I don't think he owns it. Kind of like Tim Horton's....
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 263
  • Posts: 14031
April 28th, 2018 at 10:19:33 AM permalink
I would definitely stick to high end restaurants if ordering any fish: there is an intense Red tide alert meaning algae blooms and lots of dead fish washing up on the shore, so steak just might be a good idea.

You can get live craps on the vessel from Cape Canaveral and two days a week you can get live five dollar craps on that decrepit boat moored off Port Richey where the woman died several weeks ago.

If you visit the Tampa Hard Rock you can atleast do a trip report for us so we can learn the latest offerings.

Hope the medical procedure goes well.
LostWages
LostWages
Joined: May 6, 2013
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 386
April 30th, 2018 at 1:49:36 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I would definitely stick to high end restaurants if ordering any fish: there is an intense Red tide alert meaning algae blooms and lots of dead fish washing up on the shore, so steak just might be a good idea.

You can get live craps on the vessel from Cape Canaveral and two days a week you can get live five dollar craps on that decrepit boat moored off Port Richey where the woman died several weeks ago.

If you visit the Tampa Hard Rock you can atleast do a trip report for us so we can learn the latest offerings.

Hope the medical procedure goes well.



Appreciate the heads-up and tips! A high end steak/prime rib house will do for wifey. Sheís been a tireless and non-complaining health advocate, especially since 1 Dec 2017!

Maybe a quick visit to Tampa HR would be in order.

Cheers, and hope the procedure goes well too!
Eat real food . . . and you won't need medicine (or a lot less!)
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 97
  • Posts: 13837
April 30th, 2018 at 6:01:39 AM permalink
LW,

You live in Hawaii. I was 2 years there, and I can tell you. Don't waste any money on expensive fish here, because you will be disappointed. The only one I can think of that's worth the money here MIGHT be fresh swordfish steaks out of the Atlantic, and most restaurants overcook it. (There's lots of great fish here, but when you compare it to what you can get in Hawaii; it will not compare well).
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 2943
April 30th, 2018 at 6:09:09 AM permalink
I believe itís only shellfish that are affected by red tide (in terms of human consumption).
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 263
  • Posts: 14031
April 30th, 2018 at 6:32:31 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I believe itís only shellfish that are affected by red tide (in terms of human consumption).

Its not just shellfish that are floating up onto the beaches free for the taking and winding up who knows where. If a restaurant collects the dead fish and then adds onions and chilies and limes, the profits would be high. I don't know if this is happening or not but I sure would not be ordering fish if I were going to restaurants.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 153
  • Posts: 5613
April 30th, 2018 at 6:41:10 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Its not just shellfish that are floating up onto the beaches free for the taking and winding up who knows where. If a restaurant collects the dead fish and then adds onions and chilies and limes, the profits would be high. I don't know if this is happening or not but I sure would not be ordering fish if I were going to restaurants.



As a restaurateur I disagree. While you may find a rogue desperate operator almost out of business, every legitimate business carefully sources their product. Their reputation and investment is on the line in a tough industry every day. Successful businessís didnít get that way by risking customer safety to save a few dollars. Red Tide has been an issue almost annually and increases costs but is part of the business. No different than wings around the Super Bowl, you manage cost increases as part of daily management. The well known long term restaurants know this and are not serving bad fish.

As to what Babs said about quality compared to Hawaii I would agree, but I would throw Grouper in there as something you see in Florida restaurants and is very popular. Frenchyís is known for their Grouper sandwiches.
Romes
Romes
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 5406
April 30th, 2018 at 7:31:16 AM permalink
Great to see you posting again LW, and I hope your trips are fun and profitable! Sorry I can't offer too much advice on the Clearwater area =P.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 5247
April 30th, 2018 at 7:44:02 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

A. Frenchyís is known for their Grouper sandwiches.



Cant go wrong with A Frenchy's Grouper sandwich
I love them
I hear Frenchy's has their own boats catching Grouper in the gulf
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"

  • Jump to: