Thread Rating:

bjsim
bjsim
  • Threads: 5
March 28th, 2017 at 9:21:56 PM permalink
I creared a new blackjack trainer - Can you try it for free
and let me know if it have any defects .

Go to bjsim

Click practice to play specific game.

Also can click card counting training with interactive game

Or Drill and force specified cards at the beginning - Click Player evaluation .
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
March 29th, 2017 at 12:23:03 AM permalink
Bjsim link.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 29th, 2017 at 1:13:52 AM permalink
I took a two minute tour and was very impressed. I'll give it a shakedown run when I have some free time.
Looks good. Two thumbs up!
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
Thanked by
bjsim
March 29th, 2017 at 5:34:45 AM permalink
I see this is the fourth time this simulation has been presented for review, with the first time being over eight months ago with the Blackjack Advanced trainer thread. I see some improvement, prehaps in response to the review on that thread, but some issues cited remain.

Aside from whether or not the simulation accurately presents the game, I see at least three "yugh" design problems:

1. The site isn't HTML5 complient. 'Nuf said.

2. While coded for responsive presentation, it is not mobile friendly. At least not for my iPhone. The presentation just does not get arranged to be workable, much less visually appealing look. The desktop presetation is much better, but the majority of user interaction today is on mobile devices.

3. The FORM/POST/GET engineering must go in favor of AJAX. Redering the HTML document fully each time in response to EVERY user action won't cut it. It takes 4 seconds to increment the deck count on my iPhone 6 Plus, which has all current updates including iOS 10.3.

I'm sorry if these critisizms seem harsh, but if your plan is eventual commercial viability these points will be stumbling blocks.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
bjsim
bjsim
  • Threads: 5
April 1st, 2017 at 12:34:10 AM permalink
Actually those are good comments . It look that you are more developer then Blackjack player.

bjsim currently is for desk top - Not finish product yet for mobile.
I am still focusing on functionality on the desk top and to cover dynamically every option of the game . (Complete dynamic game with simulation is huge task by itself).
bjsim still
1. The only trainer that is customized to specfic BS and Play variation based on count .
2. The only trainer with 1 or multi player
3. Also include interactive game with card counting training and dealer training as well (Coming soon).

The final look and mobile friendly will come Later
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
April 1st, 2017 at 8:55:41 AM permalink
The displayed strategy chart spells out the recommendations "Hit", "Stand", and "Split". For a hard 11 the advice "Double, if not possible then Hit" is clear. However, the case which I think should read "Surrender, if not possible then Hit" has only the notation "R,H". That is not consistent with how the other recommendations are presented and confusing for beginners, especially since the meaning of "R,H" isn't given in any notation.

On the fifth hand I played the deal was 5,10 vs. A. I don't know if delay in my response was a factor (I typed out the note above before trying to continue), but all hand play buttons were unresponsive. Also, "Deal", "End Game", and "New Shuffle" were unresponsive. I then refreshed the page which made the application functional, but all history was lost.

The basic strategy chart has errors. I leave it to you to review your work, find them, and correct them.

Good luck with your plan to fully develop the logic and then change the engineering framework at a later time.
  • Jump to: