Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
September 12th, 2010 at 12:57:24 PM permalink
This is just an idea I was toying with the other night- and wanted to get out of my head while I was thinking of it.

I am sure its already been invented and im on nothing new.

I was just thinking about a mulligan in blackjack- or a mulligan style BJ game.

My Original Idea was a 3x deal. The player would place 2x bet on the main spot, and 1x on two other spots- so $10-$5-$5. The first upcard would be delt around the table and the dealer would go ahead and deal themselvews the the hole-card directly after (dealer starts with both cards, everone else has 1)- then proceeding from left ot right as normal the player chooses if they want to keep the one card they have and deal the next or if they want to replace the first card- should they replace it it will cost them the first of the two 1x bets. They then get the second card (if they elected to replace the first card they get the new first card and a second card).. they can then elect to replace the second card with a new second card for again the other 1x bet. If they use it then they must continue with the new cards and hit/stand as they wish. All money left on table gets paid if a win (the 2x and any remaining 1x). He dealer's recorse sense the players got to choose to replace up to two cards is that the dealer can replace the last card drawn if he busts. IE: If dealer has a 2+4 and draws a 10 and another 10 he busts- but woudl discard the last card that caused him ot bust- and draws again until he gets 17+ of busts a second time.

I didnt like this idea because blackjack is ment to be fast-paced and this slows it down a bit, and also if you do the second replace it becomes a game of getting our money back... FYI cause of the chances BJ is a 1:1 payout.

SO- Enter Mulligan BJ.

You have a 2x bet and a 1x bet- the player is given his first two cards as is the dealer and at any time so long as the player has NOT YET busted can have the last-delt card removed for the price of his 1x bet. This can be the second card delt out or the 6th so long as the player has yet to bust-out. A blackjack earned would pay 3:2 on the 2x bet and even on the 1x bet if it is still in play. (BJ thus allowed and rewarded on a redraw).

Fairly simple rules, all normal BJ rules otherwise apply, still has a little bit of speed to the game.. the dealers change in rules would stay the same- the dealer would redraw /after/ an initial bust- until 17+ is made or rebust. Due to this second chance for the dealer- it mgiht be over-profitable and if its too powerful we coudl change the dealer to needing 18+ to stand as a counter.

Just wondering if my idea is a compleate bust lmao.
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
  • Jump to: