-There will be 10 opening rounds of 15 hands each
-Each employee may play in 1 opening round
-500 starting chips
-6 Deck, H17, DAS, RSA, Insurance
-BJ pays 2 to 1
-Top 5 in chips from the opening rounds advance to final round
-Final round starts with chips accumulated from previous round
-Final round plays 15 hands with final 2 hand as blind bets

Our office is further divided into 6 teams of 10 and if a member of your team wins the BJ tournament your entire team receives the reward. So my question is, given this team play aspect how would you attack this tourney?

Our current thoughts are:
-Put one team member in each opening round
-Put our strongest players in the final rounds
-There has been some talk about us all agreeing to let it ride on the final three hands in hopes that one or more of us goes 3 for 3 and we have a great shot of getting someone in the final round.
Views are my own...
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 22nd, 2016 at 1:43:24 PM permalink
You're playing against other people, advancing to the next round is paramount -- typically want to bet opposite of others you're competing against. If they bet big, you bet small, and hope dealer pulls 20's and 21's beating everyone - you want to lose less than the others. If they bet small, you bet big, hope dealer busts and you all win - and you'd be winning more than the others. However, since you keep the same chip stack when you advance, you'll probably want to be more aggressive than others at your table. If possible, you'll want to play at the last table of the initial round, so you know chip stacks of other players going into final round. If you're to advance, you wanna have a similar amount of chips they do, so you aren't severely underfunded going into the final table.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 22nd, 2016 at 2:42:19 PM permalink
I do really well in tournaments but I generally have 1 chip more than the first out of money. A tourney where you keep your same br for thr next round wouldnt work well for me. You gotta be agressive on those.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
  • Jump to: