Dnalorailed
Dnalorailed
  • Threads: 4
December 11th, 2014 at 1:34:05 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

If you are card counting there are many good plays you would make long before the count warranted doubling on blackjack (in fact just about all of them). And by playing 6:5 you are giving up about 1.4% in EV over 3:2 Blackjack. Play 3:2 whenever possible. (I wouldn't play the game if 3:2 wasn't offered.)

No disrespect. But seems like you are approaching this from a strictly math perspective. Is 6:5 blackjack an automatic negative EV game. Are there no opportunities to make money at 6:5 blackjack? You don't see any opportunities for going in for a few hands and making a few big plays? Are there any merits to my theories of less real world heat in these pits?

Being an advantage player also involves taking "advantage" of good situations. Beyond the textbooks, I think 6:5 blackjack could be advantageous.
One must rise at the tree where one fell
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 130
December 11th, 2014 at 1:51:20 PM permalink
Quote: Dnalorailed

No disrespect. But seems like you are approaching this from a strictly math perspective. Is 6:5 blackjack an automatic negative EV game. Are there no opportunities to make money at 6:5 blackjack? You don't see any opportunities for going in for a few hands and making a few big plays? Are there any merits to my theories of less real world heat in these pits?

Being an advantage player also involves taking "advantage" of good situations. Beyond the textbooks, I think 6:5 blackjack could be advantageous.

6:5 blackjack can not be beat by card counting. With 3:2 blackjack card counting only provides about a 1% advantage, and that edge is destroyed with the -1.4% of the 6:5 rule. Less heat in a 6:5 game? Generally yes. Can you backcount and Wong in? Maybe. But you can do this in a 3:2 game. I don't think many APs play the 6:5 games because the 3:2 games are more advantageous. Why start out with such an uphill battle?
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 11th, 2014 at 3:02:44 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

6:5 blackjack can not be beat by card counting. With 3:2 blackjack card counting only provides about a 1% advantage, and that edge is destroyed with the -1.4% of the 6:5 rule. Less heat in a 6:5 game? Generally yes. Can you backcount and Wong in? Maybe. But you can do this in a 3:2 game. I don't think many APs play the 6:5 games because the 3:2 games are more advantageous. Why start out with such an uphill battle?

If the rest of the rules are good, I believe it could be beaten. It would require deep penetration and a very large spread among other things. Getting away with that spread may be a problem, 6/5 or no 6/5. Anyone care to sim it? Didn't somebody here just buy the software?

If I read Dnalorailed correctly I believe he was referring to other AP plays.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
December 11th, 2014 at 3:51:35 PM permalink
No reason to play 6:5 with 3:2 available except for tit pit, carry on now.:)

• Jump to: