Thread Rating:

dwm
dwm
  • Threads: 33
November 11th, 2013 at 12:34:20 PM permalink
Lately have played the following: 6 deck games, starting with $10 bet and then upping one unit on each win, no regressions unless the following: If lose 3 consecutive times at any level, then return to the minimum and start anew. Simply upping one unit on every win, then if lose 3 in a row then start anew.

I know it is not counting, but it has done well overall. Playing with a large bankroll per session of 100x initial bet so $1000 for $10 starting bets. Have got up to $100+ betting levels with some good session wins of $500++.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 11th, 2013 at 12:35:42 PM permalink
Quote: dwm

Lately have played the following: 6 deck games, starting with $10 bet and then upping one unit on each win, no regressions unless the following: If lose 3 consecutive times at any level, then return to the minimum and start anew. I know it is not counting, but it has done well overall. Playing with a large bankroll per session of 100x initial bet so $1000 for $10 starting bets. Have got up to $100+ betting levels with some good session wins of $500++.

Similar to what I do on PGP; works well for me most times also. Hope you continue to see good variance.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 11th, 2013 at 12:58:40 PM permalink
Nice way to think you are winning. And you actually are UNTIL :
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
dwm
dwm
November 11th, 2013 at 1:14:46 PM permalink
Hope springs eternal, Buzzard, losing will always be a part of gambling, but enjoying the up cycles for now..
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 11th, 2013 at 1:22:06 PM permalink
Have FUN !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
dwm
dwm
November 11th, 2013 at 9:28:36 PM permalink
What is PGP and explain your similar betting scheme, Beach. Thanks. I have tried mine with 2 consecutive losses and start anew vs 3 consecutive losses and the 3 is better thusfar.
Picasso
Picasso
  • Threads: 2
November 12th, 2013 at 1:42:03 PM permalink
I’m also having success with a similar system (a modified d’Alembert), but it’s an up as you lose progression.

Go up a unit on a loss
Go down a unit on a win
Go down two units on a double or blackjack win (no even money)
Go up two units when losing a double
Split hands are treated as any hand (i.e. win on both splits, go down two units etc.)
Lose 2 or 3 hands in a row = flat bet until you win one hand then continue on from where you left off
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 12th, 2013 at 2:16:55 PM permalink
Quote: dwm

What is PGP and explain your similar betting scheme, Beach. Thanks. I have tried mine with 2 consecutive losses and start anew vs 3 consecutive losses and the 3 is better thusfar.

I do a partial positive progression on PaiGowPoker, usually. If I'm feeling really broke, I'll flat-bet the minimums or just not play, but the method below is how I enjoy playing after a lot of trial and error.

I like the Fortune sidebet, so usually play that at 5 dollars; there is really no other good dollar amount to play that bet, because less than 5 leaves you out of the envy bonus (which my non-big bonus hand gets as well playing 2 hands), 10 or more usually exceeds table aggregate on the max win. It hits about 19% of the time. Lots of PGP players don't bother, but I love that bet.

To pay for playing it, I play the main game, which is nearly 50/50, at 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 base bet. I also almost always play 2 hands at that amount, because of favorable circumstances in playing 2 hands for both bets. I also bank when head-to-head with the dealer every other hand, because the dealer/banker wins tie hands, and that happens more often than you'd think, especially in the 2 card hand. Generally, then, I'm playing for 50-60 a hand, base bet + sidebet x2.

When I win, I have to pay 5% commission, which along with the Fortune bet, tends to be a slow drain on my bankroll unless variance is good that day. To help counteract that, when I win, I go up. (I can still hear Mai-mai in my head from Biloxi 20 years ago; "you win, you go UP!" in broken English until I finally caught on....) Many PGP players go full double up (and are probably correct to do it), but I go up 5/won hand for the first win, 10 for the second and third, then back off to base if I won three times in a row, to help offset the cost of the Fortune sidebet. So occasionally I'm playing 100/hand split between 2 if the cards are running well (the dealer's on a streak of weak hands).

I only go up when I win on the base bet, not on the sidebet. I'm playing to lose really slowly or hold my own if possible, and catch the occasional big bonus hand. I play 2 hands because, playing 1 compared to the dealer, I have a roughly 50/50 chance of having the better hand, but with 2 hands, I have about a 66% chance of having the best of 3 hands, which will pay for my other hand if it's a loser, or make me a winner overall if the lower 2 hands push. (In paigow, about 38% of hands are pushes). And I get to see the joker better than 1 in 4 hands, which increases my chances of having a bonus hand. I also bonus twice as often with two hands, joker or not. And the bonus pays odds at a minimum of 2:1, so helps pay for both bonus spots whenever it hits.

None of this is +ev, but I'm just trying to see as many hands as I can, because it's a slow game, and I get a kick out of getting 4OAK or SF or higher; generally get at least one of those a day, but not always. I usually stand up + or - 200 to 300, but have won as much as 3200 and lost as much as 800 doing it this way (800 is my stop-loss point).
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: