Thread Rating:

aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
November 9th, 2013 at 2:13:03 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

I wonder what they mean by, "All prizes awarded in nonnegotiable promotional chips"?

Presumably, since the asterisk is only next to the "one hand against the dealer for $500,000" prize, the $250,000 for the Aria and MGM Grand segments are in cash - but it does say "all prizes," so I'm not so sure about that. I would ask a few questions first.




I have sent an email inquiry about this to my host.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
November 9th, 2013 at 2:59:41 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
November 9th, 2013 at 3:02:50 PM permalink
This should please EvenBob to no end...

The response I received from Aria

Quote:

A non negotiable chip acts like a real chip, except the player may not "cash them in" immediately for cash. Any winnings generated from non negotiable chips are paid to player in cashable chips. It's equivalent to $250k cash in play. You may end of leaving with more if you win on tables.


AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4299
November 9th, 2013 at 3:50:57 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

This should please EvenBob to no end...

The response I received from Aria

Quote:

A non negotiable chip acts like a real chip, except the player may not "cash them in" immediately for cash. Any winnings generated from non negotiable chips are paid to player in cashable chips. It's equivalent to $250k cash in play. You may end of leaving with more if you win on tables.



It's not that bad, non-neg is the best kind of promo chip. Better than match play or "free play" which are generally a "use it once" and you lose the promo chip whether you win or lose. Basically it's like free slot play for table games. Run it through and you're left with the profits.

I mean, I wouldn't turn down a quarter mil in non-neg chips...
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
November 9th, 2013 at 4:15:59 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Quote: aceofspades

This should please EvenBob to no end...

The response I received from Aria

Quote:

A non negotiable chip acts like a real chip, except the player may not "cash them in" immediately for cash. Any winnings generated from non negotiable chips are paid to player in cashable chips. It's equivalent to $250k cash in play. You may end of leaving with more if you win on tables.



It's not that bad, non-neg is the best kind of promo chip. Better than match play or "free play" which are generally a "use it once" and you lose the promo chip whether you win or lose. Basically it's like free slot play for table games. Run it through and you're left with the profits.

I mean, I wouldn't turn down a quarter mil in non-neg chips...




My next question being: If I have a bet out and I win the bet - do the promo chips remain in play or are they taken after each bet?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
November 9th, 2013 at 4:39:09 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 433
  • Posts: 25299
November 9th, 2013 at 5:05:10 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

This should please EvenBob to no end...



It might please me if I understood what it meant.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
November 9th, 2013 at 5:08:58 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Quote: aceofspades

This should please EvenBob to no end...



It might please me if I understood what it meant.





It means the tournament prize of $250k is given in promotional chips that can only be wagered - they cannot be cashed in. You have to play them until they are all gone (but you keep all the winnings paid in real chips along the way)
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 433
  • Posts: 25299
November 9th, 2013 at 5:13:02 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades


You have to play them until they are all gone (but you keep all the winnings paid in real chips along the way)



Lol, you're right, I got a jolt of schaden just reading
that. It sucks, it's the same as getting slot points on
a player card. You only get to keep what's left after
the machines slaughter you.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
November 9th, 2013 at 5:16:01 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Lol, you're right, I got a jolt of schaden just reading
that. It sucks, it's the same as getting slot points on
a player card. You only get to keep what's left after
the machines slaughter you.





There's the Bob we know and 'love'

  • Jump to: