Hollywood06
Hollywood06
  • Threads: 19
April 7th, 2010 at 9:57:35 PM permalink
If you play blackjack that offers Royal Match you got a 23.5% chance of getting 2 cards same suit.(6 decks)
So you got around a 1 in 4 chance of winning. or 75% chance of losing.

When you play blackjack not including pushes its around 50% you win, 50% you lose

So what im wondering is "if you play the Royal match side bet does that mean your average of losing go's up to 62.5%"
(75 + 50/2 = 62.5%)

what i mean by losing is you will either lose the royal match side bet or your blackjack hand or possibly both?

So is it safe to say if my logic is right that you should avoid royal match side bet because your chances of losing go up 12.5% compared to only having a 50% chance of losing with straight blackjack?
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
April 7th, 2010 at 10:16:50 PM permalink
not quite 50/50

your P(Winning) = .4242
your P(Losing) = .4910

but you get paid 3:2 on a blackjack, can doubledown, and split to partially make up for the discrepancy between winning and losing.
Malaru
Malaru
  • Threads: 79
April 7th, 2010 at 10:22:08 PM permalink
The fact it has a house edge of around 6.5% should be enough reason to avoid it.

You want to consider it as part of the overall blackjack game but its a seperate bet and independant of the blackjack game, and I think its best thought of and treated as such- if you want to risk loosing $6.50 of every $100 spent on that spot you can. The reguler blackjack game is one of if not the most favorable game you can play for the loose house advantage- by playing the bonus you take it from arguabily the best to mediocure at best for vigerish

even with pushes tossed out your going to loose more often then win with basic/perfect non-counting strat-- its more like 45/55 if you dont want to count pushes seperate.
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 88
November 24th, 2022 at 1:11:09 PM permalink
I only play BJ about once or twice a year, every time my friend comes from the east coast to play here in Reno. So I start playing the RM after receiving 3-4 hands without suited cards. I also bet $25 on the RM, while I bet $50 for the BJ. RM winning gets me $62.50 of the any two suited. I'm essentially free rolling on my $50 BJ if I win the any two suited. I keep playing until I don't get any suited cards. I won about $2000 playing on the double deck. Really nice when I get the suited BJ getting 5:1 and the 3:2 payouts. What I should have done is keep two separate bankrolls for the side bet, and keep track how much I really won playing it. Well maybe next time. Excellent two deck penetration. Could not believe it.
  • Jump to: