Haven't posted in a while, but had to share a big win:

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 14th, 2015 at 5:20:46 PM permalink
Quote: cclub79

Wow. The dream hand! Nice hit!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
September 14th, 2015 at 5:28:52 PM permalink
Thanks. $13,550 because I didn't bet Round 1, which I have no excuse for other than I had been getting wrecked. The game was stopped for about 30 minutes while they reviewed tapes, counted the cards 3x, etc. This was on a cruise ship so they didn't even have purple in the rack (I actually can say I broke the bank, at least the one on the table). I didn't play a hand of anything for the rest of the trip. I just had no desire to sit down again.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
September 14th, 2015 at 5:33:59 PM permalink

Thanks. $13,550 because I didn't bet Round 1, which I have no excuse for other than I had been getting wrecked.

Congratulations!

In a situation like this are you happy for the win or mad at yourself for not correctly making the big raise before the flop? Personally, I would be mad at myself.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
September 14th, 2015 at 6:10:47 PM permalink
I am 99.63% happy for the win. This is not a game I normally play. Probably only the 3rd time I've sat a an UTH Table in my life. I flashed the cards to the Dealer preflop and he said "Just check, I've been killing you." And I believe I only lost .37% more with the incorrect wager, so that is the amount I will allow myself to be mad.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
September 14th, 2015 at 6:15:53 PM permalink

I am 99.63% happy for the win. This is not a game I normally play. Probably only the 3rd time I've sat a an UTH Table in my life. I flashed the cards to the Dealer preflop and he said "Just check, I've been killing you." And I believe I only lost .37% more with the incorrect wager, so that is the amount I will allow myself to be mad.

you listened to the dealer?

you are only allowed to be 99% happy then!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
September 14th, 2015 at 6:40:13 PM permalink

Interesting way of looking at it.

Let me just say that long term, the important thing is making the right decision all the time. It isn't whether you won or lost, but whether you had a good bet. When you checked pre-flop you didn't have a good bet any longer -- even if you had lost the hand in the end.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
September 15th, 2015 at 7:55:38 AM permalink

Wow, what a hit. Nice! Especially that it was a cruise ship (usually have the WORST rules) and double especially because you broke the bank, hah.

Quote: Wizard

Interesting way of looking at it.

Let me just say that long term, the important thing is making the right decision all the time. It isn't whether you won or lost, but whether you had a good bet. When you checked pre-flop you didn't have a good bet any longer -- even if you had lost the hand in the end.

Can I have a bad bet like this then? lol I agree with you Mike, but it does sting a little that with all my good bets in life I've never hit anything like this =p.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: