Thread Rating:

gr8player
gr8player
  • Threads: 8
February 22nd, 2014 at 11:22:16 AM permalink
Nah, fellas, that's not fair game......

......you are, in effect, calling me a liar.

I will (and do) accept much from this forum, as I am fully aware of the (un)popularity of many of my views on gaming, but I will not accept your attempts to label me as a liar.

Maybe you need to speak with the Asian lady that sat on the chair to my right during that good last shoe yesterday afternoon, who first tried literally to pry my Bac scorecard out of my hands, and then, failing that, asked me what the writing on the bottom half was all about.

She not only witnessed my play; she "hopped aboard" mid-way through the shoe.

Think about it for a minute:

If you saw a player making rather selective bets and hitting almost all of them, especially at the second half of the shoe, what would you do? You see, my first group of seven...again, if you don't understand that, google my progression....ended with 4W and 3L, so a +1. From that point on, however, I went 9W against only 2L. By the end of the shoe, everyone was "all aboard".

(Sidenote: In reality, I could've given her my scorecard....she'd never have figured out what I was doing and how I came upon my bets anyhow. And I don't save them anymore, I only rip them up after I record the results in my ledger.)
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
February 22nd, 2014 at 11:44:24 AM permalink
Quote: gr8player

Well, you claim to have a strike rate in the range of 53 to 54 percent, but you won't put your money where your mouth is. If this was the truth, you would gladly bet on it.

So, no one is calling you a liar. They are just pointing out that most of what you say are lies.
gr8player
gr8player
February 22nd, 2014 at 12:00:24 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

So, no one is calling you a liar. They are just pointing out that most of what you say are lies.

Priceless, AxiomOfChoice, absolutely priceless. You, my friend, have your way with words.
EdgeLooker
EdgeLooker
  • Threads: 21
February 22nd, 2014 at 12:06:59 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I flipped silver dollar the other day, it landed on heads 77 times in a row. The Leprechaun I found, predicted this would happen.

Quote: AxelWolf

No congrats to me? My story is just as true as his is.

lol

OT, but the other day I was playing BJ here in South Korea. To my left was a nice older gentleman from Ireland, complete with strong accent. We struck up a conversation as he won the poker tournament last weekend. We were having a good time, whenever he had a blackjack, we would say, "the ol' luck of the Irish" lol.

Anyway, upon dealer change, a younger Korean male starts dealing at the table, and he speaks English with get this- a slight Irish accent. So now the old guy is thinking he is just trying to make fun of him and says to the dealer, so you think you are a funny guy? etc, etc. Dealer doesn't know what he is talking abut, old man explains. Then the dealer tells us he learned English while studying abroad in Ireland, lol. They hit it off great after that, exchanging stories about Ireland, lol.
DMSCR
DMSCR
  • Threads: 5
February 22nd, 2014 at 12:31:36 PM permalink
gr8,

Your baccarat plays is fine and just about right. The short and narrow is the way to go. Don't know about your actual plays and how you record your cards but keep doing what you are doing. Especially in terms of just flat betting. Something egalite/RolexWatch will never understand and achieve.

If you maintain that kind of discipline when you are in Vegas at a $100 table, you will do very well. Speaking of Borgata they need to open up more of their damn tables especially the ones with the Pair Betting. Too many flock to those EZ bac ones which are a time drag.

And where is egalite/RolexWatch to by pass his ban with a proxy? LOL. I am sure he would be popping up soon with his extravagant loonie bin stories of pulling in 20K winning 900 of his 901 sessions within three days. I find those Peter Keating Look At Me triumphs quite inspiring along with his obsession of hookers and sleeping pills.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
February 22nd, 2014 at 12:40:25 PM permalink
Quote: gr8player

I will (and do) accept much from this forum, as I am fully aware of the (un)popularity of many of my views on gaming, but I will not accept your attempts to label me as a liar.

Maybe you need to speak with the Asian lady that sat on the chair to my right during that good last shoe yesterday afternoon, who first tried literally to pry my Bac scorecard out of my hands, and then, failing that, asked me what the writing on the bottom half was all about.

She not only witnessed my play; she "hopped aboard" mid-way through the shoe.

Think about it for a minute:

If you saw a player making rather selective bets and hitting almost all of them, especially at the second half of the shoe, what would you do? You see, my first group of seven...again, if you don't understand that, google my progression....ended with 4W and 3L, so a +1. From that point on, however, I went 9W against only 2L. By the end of the shoe, everyone was "all aboard".

(Sidenote: In reality, I could've given her my scorecard....she'd never have figured out what I was doing and how I came upon my bets anyhow. And I don't save them anymore, I only rip them up after I record the results in my ledger.)

This is like proving Santa Claus is real, because Easter Bunny saw him too.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
DMSCR
DMSCR
  • Threads: 5
February 22nd, 2014 at 12:41:53 PM permalink
soxfan, if you are seeing this, I need some Guinness and cashews too! hey hey!
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
February 22nd, 2014 at 1:00:01 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

This is like proving Santa Claus is real, because Easter Bunny saw him too.

I hear that the tooth fairy has a 58% strike rate at baccarat.
gr8player
gr8player
February 22nd, 2014 at 2:16:37 PM permalink
Quote: DMSCR

gr8,

Your baccarat plays is fine and just about right. The short and narrow is the way to go. Don't know about your actual plays and how you record your cards but keep doing what you are doing. Especially in terms of just flat betting.

Hello, D-man, I trust all is well with you, my friend.

Yes, the "short and narrow"...frankly, the simpler one's plan is, the more likely to both succeed and flourish. Comfortability comes with familiarity.

As to "how I record my cards", it's not hieroglyphics by any means, but my abbreviations and circles would serve to confuse the avg player.

Lastly, as to the "flat-betting"....I do, for the most part, flat-bet. That is because of my strike rates; I'll seek to adjust my bet sizes only during those times where my plays are hitting well-below avg.

It is in those instances where I'll utilize my conservative progression, and that'll serve to ''right the ship" insofar as I would still eke out a minor victory even in the face of any below-avg strike rate session.

(Sidenote: And, by "minor victory", I mean that I'll gladly accept "even" and deem it as victorious in those more-difficult sessions. Why? Because "loss avoidance" is a win in my book, seen as fending off my variance downturns as best as possible. And, my friend, when you're able to that successfully, all that you're left with is the much-easier winning sessions.)

As always, I wish you the very best of it. Stay well.
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
February 22nd, 2014 at 5:02:33 PM permalink
Quote: DMSCR

soxfan, if you are seeing this, I need some Guinness and cashews too! hey hey!

Zeus willing, the john-O will soon return to cotinue his feud with the gr8888888one and provide us all with more entertainments, hey hey.
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche

• Jump to: