Thread Rating:

dawinnaatlozins
dawinnaatlozins
Joined: Mar 29, 2021
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 45
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 29th, 2021 at 10:53:58 AM permalink
if is the biggest word in the dictionary if you could cover between 500-1000 wagers.
with that said id bet my immortal soul to win forever vs losing a thousand consecutive wagers in a line in a honest roulette wheel.

in theory to guess wrong/right a thousand times in a single line of a thousand wagers would never happen in honest roulette wheel in this 3D world we live in you would continue to double your wealth until death before seeing a human or machine guessing right/wrong 1k times in a row.

i believe wilson gambling book claimed 62 blacks was the longest run of colors.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 192
  • Posts: 11705
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 29th, 2021 at 10:57:33 AM permalink
I'll have whatever it is you are smoking.
dawinnaatlozins
dawinnaatlozins
Joined: Mar 29, 2021
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 45
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 29th, 2021 at 11:08:55 AM permalink
right because 500-1000 reds or blacks guess right consectively happpen every day dont they?
if you had unlimited money and no limits it would work just people like you say it can't
its equivalent a monkey guessing right 10x in a row in a mensa test, just not going to happen in a 100 years
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 14605
July 29th, 2021 at 11:20:03 AM permalink
Quote: dawinnaatlozins

right because 500-1000 reds or blacks guess right consectively happpen every day dont they?
if you had unlimited money and no limits it would work just people like you say it can't
its equivalent a monkey guessing right 10x in a row in a mensa test, just not going to happen in a 100 years



If infinite players and infinite money, one infinitely loses and another infinitely wins.

The one who infinitely loses does so such that the result of all players, at any given time, reflects the house edge.

I'm not sure that gambling should get into metaphysics. Metaphysics is enough of a mess on its own.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
dawinnaatlozins
dawinnaatlozins
Joined: Mar 29, 2021
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 45
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 29th, 2021 at 11:25:39 AM permalink
i just don't imagine or foreseeing 1000x over in a line guessing wrong, i can see maybe 40 maybe 62 in Wilsons gambling guide but 1000??? its on the same playing field a monkey typing a paragraph from shakespeare , it won't happen in this lifetime the odds are too far away
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 192
  • Posts: 11705
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 29th, 2021 at 11:28:57 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

If infinite players and infinite money, one infinitely loses and another infinitely wins.

The one who infinitely loses does so such that the result of all players, at any given time, reflects the house edge.

I'm not sure that gambling should get into metaphysics. Metaphysics is enough of a mess on its own.




If a player with infinite money loses infinitely, does he still have infinite money?
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 14605
July 29th, 2021 at 11:32:11 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

If a player with infinite money loses infinitely, does he still have infinite money?



See? This is the problem with metaphysical arguments! At what point is infinity no longer infinity? If infinity can cease to be infinity, then it was never infinite to begin with!

I'm going to need a dose of either Ibuprofen or Wittgenstein after this thread.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 192
  • Posts: 11705
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146mwalz9
July 29th, 2021 at 11:34:17 AM permalink
Quote: dawinnaatlozins

i just don't imagine or foreseeing 1000x over in a line guessing wrong, i can see maybe 40 maybe 62 in Wilsons gambling guide but 1000??? its on the same playing field a monkey typing a paragraph from shakespeare , it won't happen in this lifetime the odds are too far away




Keep hope alive. This may not be Shakespeare but some of it is almost cohesive.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 47
  • Posts: 5528
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
July 29th, 2021 at 11:43:01 AM permalink
Quote: dawinnaatlozins

if is the biggest word in the dictionary if you could cover between 500-1000 wagers.
with that said id bet my immortal soul to win forever vs losing a thousand consecutive wagers in a line in a honest roulette wheel.

in theory to guess wrong/right a thousand times in a single line of a thousand wagers would never happen in honest roulette wheel in this 3D world we live in you would continue to double your wealth until death before seeing a human or machine guessing right/wrong 1k times in a row.

i believe wilson gambling book claimed 62 blacks was the longest run of colors.

Huh??? How would you double your wealth? You would need a wealth greater than every dollar ever printed.

I'll have whatever you are on.

So, start at a $1 min table. (yeah, sure)
Put some chewing gum in the 0 and 00 so it's a 50 50 game and ensure you have markers and a line of credit for 2^500 = $3.2733906079e+150 ( 3 with 150 zeros ) as your bankroll. You would be sure to win something. But you'd still only have a 50:50 chance of doubling your bankroll, as you proceed to live forever. You'd need to be immortal.

To whup the 62 blacks risk you'd just need to be sure to set aside 2^62 = $4.61168601843e+18
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 132
  • Posts: 14605
July 29th, 2021 at 11:47:46 AM permalink
That's not too bad. Let me check my wallet; it's Descartes label.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219

  • Jump to: