scepticus
scepticus
Joined: Oct 16, 2013
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 57
August 8th, 2014 at 6:22:33 AM permalink
REDUCING THE HOUSE EDGE.
Consider a 37 number table where the bettor receives half his bet back if zero occurs when he/she bets Red or Black.
The Probability of getting 3 correct in 3 consecutive spins is one in eight if we ignore the zero. But what to bet ?
By betting a particular chosen sequence of 3 or even 3
consecutive Blacks or Reds to be All Correct or All Wrong
we can reduce the House Edge by betting in 3s.
We let the first spin go without betting.This is our" Indicator"( trigger) of what to bet on the second spin of the three.
If the second chosen selection( our first bet) wins we then bet the resultant 2 points on the following spin .
If the first spin-which we don't bet- is wrong then we bet- as a double- the second and third spin to be wrong.
Thus we , in effect, bet the three to be correct or incorrect over the 3 spins.A 2in 8 chance (1 in 3) for which we get paid 3/1-correct odds ignoring the zero.
Now consider the chances of the zero.
If it falls on the first spin we don't lose as we haven't bet.
If it falls on the second spin we lose half a point.
If it falls on the third spin then either,
a) we lose nothing if our second bet loses as our double has lost. or,
b) we lose the win of the second spin but not our original stake so we lose -or win - nothing.
So the chance of LOSING to the zero is reduced.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 115
  • Posts: 8690
August 8th, 2014 at 6:30:33 AM permalink
This isn't going to be pretty.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 314
  • Posts: 8806
August 8th, 2014 at 6:44:35 AM permalink
Quote:

Member since: Oct 16, 2013



instead of pouncing on him let's try to help him find who hacked into his account; he can't have been paying that little attention

surely a pure troll wouldnt have waited this long to get his jollies by tweaking the rest of us


edit: I just looked at the other threads he started
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
August 8th, 2014 at 8:38:56 AM permalink
Quote: scepticus

REDUCING THE HOUSE EDGE.
Consider a 37 number table where the bettor receives half his bet back if zero occurs when he/she bets Red or Black.
The Probability of getting 3 correct in 3 consecutive spins is one in eight if we ignore the zero. But what to bet ?
By betting a particular chosen sequence of 3 or even 3
consecutive Blacks or Reds to be All Correct or All Wrong
we can reduce the House Edge by betting in 3s.
We let the first spin go without betting.This is our" Indicator"( trigger) of what to bet on the second spin of the three.
If the second chosen selection( our first bet) wins we then bet the resultant 2 points on the following spin .
If the first spin-which we don't bet- is wrong then we bet- as a double- the second and third spin to be wrong.
Thus we , in effect, bet the three to be correct or incorrect over the 3 spins.A 2in 8 chance (1 in 3) for which we get paid 3/1-correct odds ignoring the zero.
Now consider the chances of the zero.
If it falls on the first spin we don't lose as we haven't bet.
If it falls on the second spin we lose half a point.
If it falls on the third spin then either,
a) we lose nothing if our second bet loses as our double has lost. or,
b) we lose the win of the second spin but not our original stake so we lose -or win - nothing.
So the chance of LOSING to the zero is reduced.



A system you say!

"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 109
  • Posts: 5369
August 8th, 2014 at 9:00:35 AM permalink
Quote: scepticus

Consider a 37 number table where the bettor receives half his bet back if zero occurs when he/she bets Red or Black.
The Probability of getting 3 correct in 3 consecutive spins is one in eight if we ignore the zero. But what to bet ?
By betting a particular chosen sequence of 3 or even 3 consecutive Blacks or Reds to be All Correct or All Wrong we can reduce the House Edge by betting in 3s.
We let the first spin go without betting.This is our" Indicator"( trigger) of what to bet on the second spin of the three.
If the second chosen selection (our first bet) wins we then bet the resultant 2 points on the following spin.
If the first spin-which we don't bet- is wrong then we bet- as a double- the second and third spin to be wrong.


How can the first spin - the "indicator spin" - be "wrong"?
Do you mean that if your first bet loses, you bet 2 on the other color for each of two more spins? Or perhaps you bet 1 on the other color on the next spin, and then let the bet ride for another spin if it wins?
Quote: scepticus

Thus we, in effect, bet the three to be correct or incorrect over the 3 spins. A 2 in 8 chance (1 in 3)


The last time I looked, a 2 in 8 chance is 1 in 4.

Before I continue any further, let me make sure I understand your system.
Your first spin is a non-betting "indicator" spin.
Your second spin has a bet of 1 on the same color as the first spin.
If your second spin wins, your third spin has a bet of 2 on the same color.
If your second spin loses, your third spin has a bet of 1 on the opposite color, and if the third spin wins, your fourth spin is a bet of 2 on the same color.
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 3706
August 8th, 2014 at 11:03:38 AM permalink
What happens if a green comes up twice in a row after the indicator spin?


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
mustangsally
mustangsally
Joined: Mar 29, 2011
  • Threads: 25
  • Posts: 2463
August 8th, 2014 at 12:37:27 PM permalink
Quote: scepticus

Consider a 37 number table where the bettor receives half his bet back if zero occurs when he/she bets Red or Black.

OK
Quote: scepticus

The Probability of getting 3 correct in 3 consecutive spins is one in eight if we ignore the zero.

Never ever ignore the zero!

There are now 27 possible 3 spin sequences and not all have the same probability of happening
I know you know this to be true

here is my table for this
indexpatternzeroredblackprob
10003001.97422E-05
200R2100.000355359
300B2010.000355359
40R02100.000355359
50RR1200.006396462
60RB1110.006396462
70B02010.000355359
80BR1110.006396462
90BB1020.006396462
10R002100.000355359
11R0R1200.006396462
12R0B1110.006396462
13RR01200.006396462
14RRR0300.11513632
15RRB0210.11513632
16RB01110.006396462
17RBR0210.11513632
18RBB0120.11513632
19B002010.000355359
20B0R1110.006396462
21B0B1020.006396462
22BR01110.006396462
23BRR0210.11513632
24BRB0120.11513632
25BB01020.006396462
26BBR0120.11513632
27BBB0030.11513632


looks like BBB = RRR = RBR = BBR and so on
8 of the 27 patterns have the same chance to happen in any 3 spin set. This IS so cool ;)

Now you can easily calculate if you actually do change the house edge
Please submit your homework in a timely manner if you want the credit

fun fun
Sally

This leads me to ask scepticus
"Why do you want to reduce the house edge?"
I Heart Vi Hart
scepticus
scepticus
Joined: Oct 16, 2013
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 57
August 8th, 2014 at 1:03:10 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

How can the first spin - the "indicator spin" - be "wrong"?
Do you mean that if your first bet loses, you bet 2 on the other color for each of two more spins? Or perhaps you bet 1 on the other color on the next spin, and then let the bet ride for another spin if it wins?

The last time I looked, a 2 in 8 chance is 1 in 4.

Before I continue any further, let me make sure I understand your system.
Your first spin is a non-betting "indicator" spin.
Your second spin has a bet of 1 on the same color as the first spin.
If your second spin wins, your third spin has a bet of 2 on the same color.
If your second spin loses, your third spin has a bet of 1 on the opposite color, and if the third spin wins, your fourth spin is a bet of 2 on the same color.



Well ,O.K. TDG I didn't check my post properly .It is 1 in 4 but it is still a 3/1 chance - ignoring the zero.
Once again, I may not have made myself clear.
Consider I choose to bet BOTH Red AND Black over 3 spins-the 3 to be either all reds or all black.Betting both red and black on the first spin is not advisable because (a) we won't profit and (b) a zero would incur a loss.So we avoid the first spin of the three.
If a red wins the first spin we bet 1point on red and if it wins we put 2 points on red again on spin 3. Similarly with black.
If, on the second spin black wins when I'm betting red the bet is lost and we don't bet the third spin.
In theory we are betting BOTH red and Black to win 3 in a row- a 3/1 shot ignoring the zero.
The bet is over a series of 3 spins ,there is no fourth .
Clearer now ? The question is does it reduce the whole HE over the series of three or has it been reduced ?
scepticus
scepticus
Joined: Oct 16, 2013
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 57
August 8th, 2014 at 1:04:01 PM permalink
Quote: mustangsally

OK
Never ever ignore the zero!

There are now 27 possible 3 spin sequences and not all have the same probability of happening
I know you know this to be true

here is my table for this

indexpatternzeroredblackprob
10003001.97422E-05
200R2100.000355359
300B2010.000355359
40R02100.000355359
50RR1200.006396462
60RB1110.006396462
70B02010.000355359
80BR1110.006396462
90BB1020.006396462
10R002100.000355359
11R0R1200.006396462
12R0B1110.006396462
13RR01200.006396462
14RRR0300.11513632
15RRB0210.11513632
16RB01110.006396462
17RBR0210.11513632
18RBB0120.11513632
19B002010.000355359
20B0R1110.006396462
21B0B1020.006396462
22BR01110.006396462
23BRR0210.11513632
24BRB0120.11513632
25BB01020.006396462
26BBR0120.11513632
27BBB0030.11513632


looks like BBB = RRR = RBR = BBR and so on
8 of the 27 patterns have the same chance to happen in any 3 spin set. This IS so cool ;)

Now you can easily calculate if you actually do change the house edge
Please submit your homework in a timely manner if you want the credit

fun fun
Sally

This leads me to ask scepticus
"Why do you want to reduce the house edge?"

scepticus
scepticus
Joined: Oct 16, 2013
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 57
August 8th, 2014 at 1:04:01 PM permalink
Quote: mustangsally

OK
Never ever ignore the zero!

There are now 27 possible 3 spin sequences and not all have the same probability of happening
I know you know this to be true

here is my table for this

indexpatternzeroredblackprob
10003001.97422E-05
200R2100.000355359
300B2010.000355359
40R02100.000355359
50RR1200.006396462
60RB1110.006396462
70B02010.000355359
80BR1110.006396462
90BB1020.006396462
10R002100.000355359
11R0R1200.006396462
12R0B1110.006396462
13RR01200.006396462
14RRR0300.11513632
15RRB0210.11513632
16RB01110.006396462
17RBR0210.11513632
18RBB0120.11513632
19B002010.000355359
20B0R1110.006396462
21B0B1020.006396462
22BR01110.006396462
23BRR0210.11513632
24BRB0120.11513632
25BB01020.006396462
26BBR0120.11513632
27BBB0030.11513632


looks like BBB = RRR = RBR = BBR and so on
8 of the 27 patterns have the same chance to happen in any 3 spin set. This IS so cool ;)

Now you can easily calculate if you actually do change the house edge
Please submit your homework in a timely manner if you want the credit

fun fun
Sally

This leads me to ask scepticus
"Why do you want to reduce the house edge?"


  • Jump to: