darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 247
  • Posts: 7770
June 8th, 2020 at 4:45:06 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Never said they were owned by the same company. But if they are able to open up and do business, meaning the county's restrictions were less severe for large gatherings, it would OPEN THE DOOR to the possible re-opening of RW later this month. Sullivan county is pretty far off from the high infected areas of NYC and Philly, so one would hope their infection rates go down enough to allow for soft re-openings of businesses.

https://sullivanny.us/news/sullivan-county-government-begins-phased-reopening

According to the press release, they've gone into Yellow Phase this week and would transition to green phase within a 2-4 week span should there no further incidents.

Again, just trying to be positive in these dark times and any thing to affirm would be appreciated.



That's a good question

If Kartrite is opening are the restrictions loosened

And if loosened why isn't the casino opening

Both the casino and water park are social gathering places. I don't see why resorts world would not plan on an open same time as Kartrite even if owned by different companies.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 606
June 8th, 2020 at 4:51:39 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz


Both the casino and water park are social gathering places. I don't see why resorts world would not plan on an open same time as Kartrite even if owned by different companies.



I would also think a water park would be far more contaminated on a daily basis and have a higher risk factor than a casino. God knows what people(kids in particular) are doing in those pools and on those slides!
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 606
September 10th, 2020 at 10:00:58 PM permalink
Guess they finally re-opened up RWC in New York, quietly for sure as I only learned this today. Kind of ironic that it came around the anniversary 9/11.

In any event, should be a welcome change for the AC and PA casino goers.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 247
  • Posts: 7770
September 10th, 2020 at 10:27:15 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Guess they finally re-opened up RWC in New York, quietly for sure as I only learned this today. Kind of ironic that it came around the anniversary 9/11.

In any event, should be a welcome change for the AC and PA casino goers.



Governor Cuomo allowed all non-tribal casinos (4) and racinos(11) to reopen with heavy restrictions on September 9th.

To my knowledge all have done so except Yonkers Raceway casino (MGM) which has set September 21 as opening
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 182
  • Posts: 10357
September 11th, 2020 at 9:15:40 AM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Guess they finally re-opened up RWC in New York, quietly for sure ...

They announced it for days leading up and again on Wednesday, on Twitter ... if you follow them, you knew.

Or if you follow me, @RevDaveMiller , you knew.

Every time they mentioned it in the last two months, I replied, “Got a date yet?” When they finally provided a date, I replied, “Poker too?”

FYI: No date for poker. 😡
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 182
  • Posts: 10357
September 11th, 2020 at 11:08:02 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

They announced it for days leading up and again on Wednesday, on Twitter ... if you follow them, you knew.

Or if you follow me, @RevDaveMiller , you knew.

Every time they mentioned it in the last two months, I replied, “Got a date yet?” When they finally provided a date, I replied, “Poker too?”

FYI: No date for poker. 😡

I’m so glad I didn’t go.

You have to did deep into their Covid FAQ page to learn that they haven’t opened craps or roulette yet.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 247
  • Posts: 7770
September 11th, 2020 at 12:27:03 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

I’m so glad I didn’t go.

You have to did deep into their Covid FAQ page to learn that they haven’t opened craps or roulette yet.



That's by order of Governor Cuomo.

No table games in NYS
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 182
  • Posts: 10357
September 11th, 2020 at 12:34:23 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

That's by order of Governor Cuomo.

No table games in NYS

Um...
According to the FAQ, tables, yes. Craps & Roulette, no.

Gaming Floor
The gaming floor will be operating from 8am to 4am daily until further notice. Currently, our slot machines, Sportsbook 360, and live table games (with the exception of craps and roulette) are open.

I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 606
Thanks for this post from:
unJon
September 17th, 2020 at 5:28:14 PM permalink
Was there a few days ago, pretty dead and only about 20 or so people roaming the casino floor. Plenty of BJ table games open and some carnival games like 3CP, Miss. Stud, Let it Ride & Pai Gow open.

The Good

1. No bus folk lurking around and picking up loose change
2. No forehead temp. scans or removing of mask to show your face to anyone.
3. Free Dasani Water Bottles left out on a table by the Concert Arena entrance and you can take as many you want.
4. Place is clean and safe.

The Bad

1. No waitresses or drink service(other than free water bottles), so you have to go to the food court to get coffee or a soft drink.
2. They insist on you using hand sanitizer and if you don't have your own, they drench your hand in it.(Not a big deal, but a little much)
3. They put all chips handled by players into a couple of poker chip racks and every 15 minutes, stop the game to clean and change those chips. (Again not a big deal, but slows the games down when they could literally wait until the end of the shoe)
4. Lots of new dealers who are older, slower and constantly shadowed by other staff(Could be an advantage if they were alone, but alas there's a little devil peering over their shoulder correcting ALL mistakes)
5. High table limits ranging from $25 being the lowest, $50 being the average and up to $100 tables closer to the sports bar.
6. All matchplay & free reward credit offers are replaced with $10 free play, which gets gobbled up quickly at most of the slots open.

All and all, an enjoyable time with a $200+ profit but I won't be going back when there are better options available for Tri-State gaming.
unJon
unJon 
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 2349
September 17th, 2020 at 8:56:13 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Was there a few days ago, pretty dead and only about 20 or so people roaming the casino floor. Plenty of BJ table games open and some carnival games like 3CP, Miss. Stud, Let it Ride & Pai Gow open.

The Good

1. No bus folk lurking around and picking up loose change
2. No forehead temp. scans or removing of mask to show your face to anyone.
3. Free Dasani Water Bottles left out on a table by the Concert Arena entrance and you can take as many you want.
4. Place is clean and safe.

The Bad

1. No waitresses or drink service(other than free water bottles), so you have to go to the food court to get coffee or a soft drink.
2. They insist on you using hand sanitizer and if you don't have your own, they drench your hand in it.(Not a big deal, but a little much)
3. They put all chips handled by players into a couple of poker chip racks and every 15 minutes, stop the game to clean and change those chips. (Again not a big deal, but slows the games down when they could literally wait until the end of the shoe)
4. Lots of new dealers who are older, slower and constantly shadowed by other staff(Could be an advantage if they were alone, but alas there's a little devil peering over their shoulder correcting ALL mistakes)
5. High table limits ranging from $25 being the lowest, $50 being the average and up to $100 tables closer to the sports bar.
6. All matchplay & free reward credit offers are replaced with $10 free play, which gets gobbled up quickly at most of the slots open.

All and all, an enjoyable time with a $200+ profit but I won't be going back when there are better options available for Tri-State gaming.



Craps tables open?
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.

  • Jump to: