onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 7196
September 21st, 2018 at 2:25:10 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

New Yorker Magazine.
Sept 5, 2018
Culture section article on the NYC Korean community and the "casino bus people" who share a life of poverty.

Do you not share links anymore?
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 13805
September 21st, 2018 at 10:17:11 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Do you not share links anymore?

It was bad enough when I was on someone's computer that had a double clicking mouse. Now I'm on one of these touch the screen to slide the image things and typing moves the cursor. Worse is that now I am often posting sober.
Somewhere Upthread I added the link for you. The link is to the author of the piece and the first item listed is the piece itself.
You can also get there by going to New Yorker sept 5th issue culture section.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 3471
September 21st, 2018 at 10:27:56 AM permalink
"Once at the casino, they receive free vouchers for food and gaming, which they then sell for forty dollars or so on the black market."

Who are they selling them to? People in Queens or in AC? What is the face value and what makes it worth $40?
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 5465
September 21st, 2018 at 10:37:34 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

"Once at the casino, they receive free vouchers for food and gaming, which they then sell for forty dollars or so on the black market."

Who are they selling them to? People in Queens or in AC? What is the face value and what makes it worth $40?



Lol try the Sands in Pa. Not AC or queens

Bus rider pays $15 in flushing queens

90 minutes later arrives Sands in Pa. Handed $45 freeplay (they dont do food anymore unless they went back to that)

Rider sells $45 fp (on generic players card no pin required) to local gambler for $40.

Rider profits$25. Gambler gets $5 fp (for no real work and so addicted any edge counts)

Thats how it went down before. I dont know if they still hand out the pinless cards on the asian bus lines or not

EDIT: I know $5 fp doesnt sound like much but the purchasers werent just buying one. They would often purchase from multiple people on each bus

Just 20 transactions and you have $900 fp for $800. It starts to add up especially back when VP and VBJ were accepting freeplay
Last edited by: darkoz on Sep 21, 2018
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
September 21st, 2018 at 12:48:48 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Lol try the Sands in Pa. Not AC or queens

Bus rider pays $15 in flushing queens

90 minutes later arrives Sands in Pa. Handed $45 freeplay (they dont do food anymore unless they went back to that)

Rider sells $45 fp (on generic players card no pin required) to local gambler for $40.

Rider profits$25. Gambler gets $5 fp (for no real work and so addicted any edge counts)

Thats how it went down before. I dont know if they still hand out the pinless cards on the asian bus lines or not

EDIT: I know $5 fp doesnt sound like much but the purchasers werent just buying one. They would often purchase from multiple people on each bus

Just 20 transactions and you have $900 fp for $800. It starts to add up especially back when VP and VBJ were accepting freeplay



They still give the Asian busses pinless card for the FP. FP can still be used on VP and VBJ (GK).

Seems like a simple solution to fix the Asians from loitering all over the floor looking for abandoned credits and bathing in the bathrooms - give them the cards that require PINs like they do for all the non-Asian busses. What a thought! The Sands has become a joke locally and they need to do something to fix their reputation.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 5465
September 21st, 2018 at 1:59:50 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

They still give the Asian busses pinless card for the FP. FP can still be used on VP and VBJ (GK).

Seems like a simple solution to fix the Asians from loitering all over the floor looking for abandoned credits and bathing in the bathrooms - give them the cards that require PINs like they do for all the non-Asian busses. What a thought! The Sands has become a joke locally and they need to do something to fix their reputation.



Why would asian bus lines from NYC get pinless generic fp requiring no presentation of ID or customer tracking and no one else?

Why would they keep offering such a valuable offer when its only atttracting homeless who dont play? Even after a news article 3 years ago spelled it all out for them?

Heres my theory: the Sands promised jts investors a certain guaranteed head count from NYC. There are I believe still some expansion plans in their model

They dont care how they achieve the head count. They turn their heads to this fp abuse because it satisfies the head count to higher ups that they promised a minimum of nyc foot traffic
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
speedycrap
speedycrap
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 1124
September 21st, 2018 at 3:54:47 PM permalink
1. your theory sounds logical. 2. Casino does not like empty floor.

  • Jump to: