rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2315
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
Thanked by
camapl
July 29th, 2022 at 8:43:55 PM permalink
Hi all,

I'll be visiting Australia from Aug 13 to Sep 1, is there anything that anyone would like me to investigate, casino wise in Sydney?

I'm hearing they have a new casino in the CBD, the Barangaroo, which is a Crown Casino. Will be checking that out with friends.

My big task... now that Aristocrat has entered the bartop market is to see whether there might be some video poker re-entering the Australian market.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 2672
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
Thanked by
camapl
July 29th, 2022 at 9:01:19 PM permalink
Is the commission on buy/lay bets there collected on win only (for all numbers)? Are 3-4-5 odds the standard?
Itís all about making that GTA
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 7292
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
July 29th, 2022 at 9:08:04 PM permalink
You could look up WellBush.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2315
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
Thanked by
camapl
July 29th, 2022 at 9:17:05 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

Is the commission on buy/lay bets there collected on win only (for all numbers)? Are 3-4-5 odds the standard?
link to original post



I will see if I can figure it out.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2315
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
Thanked by
AxelWolfcamapl
July 29th, 2022 at 9:17:20 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

You could look up WellBush.
link to original post



No
blackjacklad
blackjacklad
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 87
Joined: Dec 14, 2017
Thanked by
camapl
July 30th, 2022 at 1:26:04 PM permalink
I was last in Sydney just before covid started. There were lots of AP-able slots I was unfamiliar with but which could be figured out quite quickly. I recall them having a handful of tables for carnival games which weren't open at the time of day I was in there, would be interesting to know what they have now if you see any of them open.

Have fun!
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
  • Posts: 6271
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
Thanked by
camapl
July 30th, 2022 at 1:57:32 PM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Hi all,

I'll be visiting Australia from Aug 13 to Sep 1, is there anything that anyone would like me to investigate, casino wise in Sydney?

I'm hearing they have a new casino in the CBD, the Barangaroo, which is a Crown Casino. Will be checking that out with friends.

link to original post


From what I have read, it's "strictly VIPs," and you need to "be a VIP member or guest of one" in order to get in.

Quote: Ace2

Is the commission on buy/lay bets there collected on win only (for all numbers)? Are 3-4-5 odds the standard?
link to original post


I can't find any information on the Crown casino, but the nearby Star City casino is limited to double odds on craps, and buy bets are 5% on the bet, but lay bets are 5% on the win. I'm not sure if this is a NSW requirement or not.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2315
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
Thanked by
camapl
July 30th, 2022 at 2:00:35 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy


From what I have read, it's "strictly VIPs," and you need to "be a VIP member or guest of one" in order to get in.



I think that's handled already.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
July 30th, 2022 at 3:37:29 PM permalink
I am interested in craps.
1 How many tables in total
2 How many tables open
2a When table open, is the full table open or 1/2.
3 Hours of operation
4 Days of operation
5 limits
6 odds
7 maximum odds in dollars
8 Last, size of table. Photo if possible.
Thanks in advance.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1310
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
July 30th, 2022 at 3:39:27 PM permalink
When you say in Australia, which part please if you dont mind. I am interested in Melbourne, Sydney and Gold Coast. Maybe you have other opinion. Thanks again.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2315
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
July 30th, 2022 at 6:29:07 PM permalink
I will be spending time in Sydney and Merimbula. Merimbula is a coastal city about 2 hours southeast of Canberra. I have friends that live there and I am going for their wedding.
TwelveOr21
TwelveOr21
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 72
Joined: Nov 18, 2018
July 30th, 2022 at 9:54:35 PM permalink
Quote: blackjacklad

There were lots of AP-able slots I was unfamiliar with but which could be figured out quite quickly.
link to original post



Define AP-able slots? Is there such a thing?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11006
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
Thanked by
blackjacklad
July 30th, 2022 at 11:58:23 PM permalink
Quote: TwelveOr21

Quote: blackjacklad

There were lots of AP-able slots I was unfamiliar with but which could be figured out quite quickly.
link to original post



Define AP-able slots? Is there such a thing?
link to original post



Please donít respond to me in this threadÖ. As that is a hijack of the thread. As examples look at the thread on Cashman Bingo, or Golden Egypt, as two examples.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
  • Posts: 4303
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
July 31st, 2022 at 8:19:25 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Hi all,

I'll be visiting Australia from Aug 13 to Sep 1, is there anything that anyone would like me to investigate, casino wise in Sydney?
link to original post

pic of you holding a koala bear and a kiwi.
bonus points: at the same time :)
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11719
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
July 31st, 2022 at 8:24:39 AM permalink
The last time I was in Sydney I think I saw three video poker machines between the two casinos I went to. I didn't see any at the local clubs.

BTW, I think Aristocrat is making their bartop poker machines in Las Vegas and not Australia.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2315
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
July 31st, 2022 at 10:24:12 AM permalink
delete
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2315
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
July 31st, 2022 at 10:25:25 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

The last time I was in Sydney I think I saw three video poker machines between the two casinos I went to. I didn't see any at the local clubs.

BTW, I think Aristocrat is making their bartop poker machines in Las Vegas and not Australia.
link to original post



Last time I went (2016 I think) there was none at the Star in Sydney.

I did not know that Aristrocrat was making their bartops in LV. Interesting!
NewWorldOrder
NewWorldOrder
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 31, 2022
July 31st, 2022 at 11:23:41 AM permalink
How to users make their own threads?
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 4597
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
Thanked by
AxelWolf
July 31st, 2022 at 11:27:14 AM permalink
Quote: NewWorldOrder

How to users make their own threads?
link to original post



If you post the same question in enough threads I think it happens automatically.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
NewWorldOrder
NewWorldOrder
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 31, 2022
July 31st, 2022 at 11:29:35 AM permalink
Seriously? Is that some sort of ai command?
NewWorldOrder
NewWorldOrder
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 31, 2022
July 31st, 2022 at 11:47:25 AM permalink
Hello?
NewWorldOrder
NewWorldOrder
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 10
Joined: Jul 31, 2022
July 31st, 2022 at 11:48:17 AM permalink
Not much goes on here, does it?
TwelveOr21
TwelveOr21
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 72
Joined: Nov 18, 2018
July 31st, 2022 at 2:12:22 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

Quote: rsactuary

Hi all,

I'll be visiting Australia from Aug 13 to Sep 1, is there anything that anyone would like me to investigate, casino wise in Sydney?
link to original post

pic of you holding a koala bear and a kiwi.
bonus points: at the same time :)
link to original post



Nuts to that.
As an aussie, I would suggest the perfect souvenir to take back to the states would be a picture of you holding a bin chicken whilst playing Queen Of The Nile.

(Bin Chicken - Ibis bird).
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11719
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
July 31st, 2022 at 2:18:00 PM permalink
Quote: TwelveOr21



(Bin Chicken - Ibis bird).



I see what may be those birds in my yard every day.

At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
  • Posts: 4303
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
July 31st, 2022 at 3:00:28 PM permalink
Quote: TwelveOr21

Quote: 100xOdds

Quote: rsactuary

Hi all,

I'll be visiting Australia from Aug 13 to Sep 1, is there anything that anyone would like me to investigate, casino wise in Sydney?
link to original post

pic of you holding a koala bear and a kiwi.
bonus points: at the same time :)
link to original post



Nuts to that.
As an aussie, I would suggest the perfect souvenir to take back to the states would be a picture of you holding a bin chicken whilst playing Queen Of The Nile.

(Bin Chicken - Ibis bird).
link to original post



Australia allows birds in a casino? :)
Can only imagine rsactuary holding the bird in 1 hand while playing this game in another.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
TwelveOr21
TwelveOr21
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 72
Joined: Nov 18, 2018
July 31st, 2022 at 6:18:41 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

Quote: TwelveOr21

Quote: 100xOdds

Quote: rsactuary

Hi all,

I'll be visiting Australia from Aug 13 to Sep 1, is there anything that anyone would like me to investigate, casino wise in Sydney?
link to original post

pic of you holding a koala bear and a kiwi.
bonus points: at the same time :)
link to original post



Nuts to that.
As an aussie, I would suggest the perfect souvenir to take back to the states would be a picture of you holding a bin chicken whilst playing Queen Of The Nile.

(Bin Chicken - Ibis bird).
link to original post



Australia allows birds in a casino? :)
Can only imagine rsactuary holding the bird in 1 hand while playing this game in another.
link to original post



It's a bit of an obscure reference - but check this video out for context.. https://vimeo.com/229995311
(warning, video contains language! - sorry, no censored version found).

For some reason I had thought an ibis beak type symbol featured in the game itself, but that hasn't proven accurate.
josepruitt
josepruitt
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1
Joined: Sep 18, 2023
September 18th, 2023 at 5:37:00 AM permalink
Hi there!
  • Jump to: