AnnaPokerGirl
AnnaPokerGirl
  • Threads: 11
May 30th, 2022 at 12:08:56 AM permalink
I generally frowned on this idea of taking notes while playing a game but recently I played several card game with 5 players, and it was nearly impossible to track who who might be the mole based on the cards that were played into the hidden pile. I am beginning to wonder if some games should recommend people taking notes or even provide template notes, especially when you get larger player counts. I know this seems kind of like 'cheating' but some of the game is lost when people can't remember what is under 15 stacks of cards. I have a fairly decent memory and wasn't drinking but if I am struggling I know others are badly too.
stephanianooh
stephanianooh
  • Threads: 1
October 8th, 2023 at 4:40:11 PM permalink
Quote: AnnaPokerGirl

I generally frowned on this idea of taking notes while playing a game but recently I played several card game with 5 players, and it was nearly impossible to track who who might be the mole based on the cards that were played into the hidden pile. I am beginning to wonder if some games should recommend people taking notes or even provide template notes, especially when you get larger player counts. I know this seems kind of like 'cheating' but some of the game is lost when people can't remember what is under 15 stacks of cards. I have a fairly decent memory and wasn't drinking but if I am struggling I know others are badly too.
link to original post

I completely understand your point. In complex games with larger player counts, note-taking can enhance the experience by helping players strategize better. It doesn't necessarily equate to cheating; rather, it's a tool for keeping track and making informed decisions. Games should consider providing optional note-taking aids for those who find it helpful.
  • Jump to: