Thread Rating:

Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
July 15th, 2019 at 5:43:04 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Can someone amplify this while my coffee is perking, I can't seem to track what happened and why.

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
July 15th, 2019 at 6:05:13 AM permalink
ROTFLMAO

joke facebook event - half a million people going to storm area 51 to force the Guvment to:

𝑳𝑬𝑴𝑴𝑬 𝑺𝑬𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑺𝑬 𝑨𝑳𝑰𝑬𝑵𝑺

the really funny thing is that many who signed up probably don't know it's intended as a joke and probably will show up

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2019/07/13/half-million-people-signed-up-storm-area-what-happens-if-they-actually-show-up/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3389fe05505d

Please don't feed the trolls
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 15th, 2019 at 7:32:39 AM permalink
so a guy with totally zilch bluffed big time .... but why did someone holding such a good hand get scared? he knew his hand a very good one.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 15th, 2019 at 7:45:08 AM permalink

so a guy with totally zilch bluffed big time .... but why did someone holding such a good hand get scared? he knew his hand a very good one.

There is only one better hand and he assumed his opponent had it and he didn't want to lose his last $400.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
July 15th, 2019 at 8:35:07 AM permalink

He assumed his opponent was strong enough that he didn’t have pair outs. Leaving 9 diamonds and three straight outs out of 46 cards for 26% probability of win. He had to call $1.52m to win a pot of $3.36m. So pot odds aren’t there.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
July 15th, 2019 at 1:10:04 PM permalink
@ 1:09 it is 109*F, and going up.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
petroglyph
July 15th, 2019 at 1:16:15 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 15th, 2019 at 1:48:53 PM permalink

Damn you global warming!

Yesterday my car said it was 110. No wonder it seems hotter....it is hotter.
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
RS
July 15th, 2019 at 1:49:44 PM permalink

Sounds perfect to me. I plan on going home and jumping in the pool. This year has been so mild that my pool has been chilly without using the heater. Finally, this weekend it was perfect. As long as we stay below 115 I am content.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
July 15th, 2019 at 2:12:57 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Sounds perfect to me. I plan on going home and jumping in the pool. This year has been so mild that my pool has been chilly without using the heater. Finally, this weekend it was perfect. As long as we stay below 115 I am content.

I lit the pilot light a couple weeks ago because of company.

Last night the pool was 91+, without any coaxing.

Come on in, the waters fine.

It's been the mildest spring/summer since moving here in 2010.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
July 15th, 2019 at 2:27:15 PM permalink
Great day to be emptying two storage units onto a trailer. Good thing is the shade kicks in around 3pm. Lots of ice water today.
In NY, if someone offers you water, it is almost always cold. In Vegas, it seems like people often offer it at room temperature.
I still am surprised when it's 110 out and someone offers you room warm water.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
July 15th, 2019 at 2:45:22 PM permalink

The bluffer was putting in the 6th bet before the flop as a bluff, which I've seen maybe a couple of times on TV and I don't think I've ever seen in real life. Most live poker players at the 1-2 to 2-5 level never even 4bet bluff. When someone makes the 4th bet, they are saying, "OK, show's over. I have the hand, just give me the money." There were 2 bets after that point.

He was using the worst possible hand in hold em, which makes it extra crazy. The 1-2 times in your life that you might bluff here, you'd normally want to have an ace in your hand so that it's harder for the opponent to have aces. To that end, you might turn Ace King into a bluff. Though, really, once you get to the 4th bet, AK is already a semi-bluff.

Failing that, you'd at least want to have something like 89 sooted, so that you have a reasonable chance to win if called. 72 off is about 11% to beat an overpair.

For the guy to fold KK, he has to be almost certain he is against AA. He is miles ahead of every other hand. And he is getting 2-1 on a call. It was a disastrous fold. He would have been an 89% favorite in a $1300 pot. So his rightful share of the pot was $1144.

A typical winner at 1/2 makes about $5-10/hr. A very good one might mike $18/hr.

I don't know that Utah was a winning player. But assuming he was a $10/hr winner, he was bluffed out of 114 hours of work.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
July 15th, 2019 at 2:57:38 PM permalink

I lit the pilot light a couple weeks ago because of company.

Last night the pool was 91+, without any coaxing.

Come on in, the waters fine.

It's been the mildest spring/summer since moving here in 2010.

No offense, but y'all have some wacky ideas about what is comfortable! :) 91° F is too hot for air temperature, let alone pool water. Gimme a 78° pool on an 85° day, and I'll be happy. Save that 91° water for the hot tub!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
July 15th, 2019 at 3:02:46 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

No offense, but y'all have some wacky ideas about what is comfortable! :) 91° F is too hot for air temperature, let alone pool water. Gimme a 78° pool on an 85° day, and I'll be happy. Save that 91° water for the hot tub!

It's because they are lizardmen.

For a human, this weather is miserable. I went to get my mail the day before yesterday, which is about 500 feet. I almost died.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 15th, 2019 at 3:47:28 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Great day to be emptying two storage units onto a trailer. Good thing is the shade kicks in around 3pm. Lots of ice water today.
In NY, if someone offers you water, it is almost always cold. In Vegas, it seems like people often offer it at room temperature.
I still am surprised when it's 110 out and someone offers you room warm water.

Curious, as a NY'er turn Vegan, is "room temp" still room temp?

ETA: It's currently 80s with humidity of 70. Eff this ess.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 15th, 2019 at 4:10:01 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Curious, as a NY'er turn Vegan, is "room temp" still room temp?

ETA: It's currently 80s with humidity of 70. Eff this ess.

I cut the grass today and if I put the mower away and walked over to my neighbor they would have thought I jumped into their pool. Not sure I have ever sweated this much in my life. 91 degrees and 78% humidity said weather channel.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
July 15th, 2019 at 4:22:20 PM permalink
I have never really been into sports betting and now that it is legal locally i am starting to learn so I am going to ask a stupid question in this thread so it gets buried quickly. In sports betting is the distance from 0 their vig? Like if both sides are -110, then their vig is the 20? If it is -200 and +155 then it is 45? If a game is -115 on both sides and another game is -105 and -110 then they are making more money on the -115 game? uggg I have no idea what I am doing.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
petroglyph
petroglyph
July 15th, 2019 at 4:28:39 PM permalink
It's not the getting in that is the shocker, it's the getting out. If the water is 85 and it's over 105 ambient air, your body cools so fast you shiver hard, because the water on your body evaporates so fast it drops your body temp rapidly. If the pool is 90 [which is way warm] it's only a 15 degree swing, and much nicer walking out. Or if you go early or almost at sunset when the temp drops to around 102, it's an easy swing.

When it cools down here late Oct., say in the high 70's : ), low eighty's, it's nice to fire up the pool heater and bring the pool to 86, with the outside air the same, you just walk in and out, no prob.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 15th, 2019 at 6:51:32 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

A typical winner at 1/2 makes about $5-10/hr. A very good one might mike $18/hr.
a $10/hr winner, he was bluffed out of 114 hours of work.

I would assume $8.00 an hour. At eight hours a day, that is a lot of work shifts. After this publicity his earning capacity will be impaired. So just getting to where he was will be a struggle.

Is this bluffing incident what is known as slow playing? Or more precisely, pretending you are slow playing?
DRich
DRich
July 16th, 2019 at 7:30:35 AM permalink

It's because they are lizardmen.

For a human, this weather is miserable. I went to get my mail the day before yesterday, which is about 500 feet. I almost died.

If I was you, I would move closer to my mail box.
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
petroglyphBoz
July 16th, 2019 at 7:34:07 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I cut the grass today and if I put the mower away and walked over to my neighbor they would have thought I jumped into their pool. Not sure I have ever sweated this much in my life. 91 degrees and 78% humidity said weather channel.

I loaned my lawnmower to a friend in 1997 and haven't seen it since. I have vowed to never mow a lawn or shovel snow again in my life.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 16th, 2019 at 8:09:13 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

. I have vowed to never mow a lawn or shovel snow again in my life.

Good for you. The idiots in this place maintain this narrow strip of grass, mulch and air conditioners. This requires a maintenance guy to tend it. It also requires insecticides to control the ant problem. The ants, quite sensibly, flee into the building but management won't spray until eight units are infested.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
July 16th, 2019 at 9:12:12 AM permalink

The bluffer was putting in the 6th bet before the flop as a bluff, which I've seen maybe a couple of times on TV and I don't think I've ever seen in real life. Most live poker players at the 1-2 to 2-5 level never even 4bet bluff. When someone makes the 4th bet, they are saying, "OK, show's over. I have the hand, just give me the money." There were 2 bets after that point.

He was using the worst possible hand in hold em, which makes it extra crazy. The 1-2 times in your life that you might bluff here, you'd normally want to have an ace in your hand so that it's harder for the opponent to have aces. To that end, you might turn Ace King into a bluff. Though, really, once you get to the 4th bet, AK is already a semi-bluff.

Failing that, you'd at least want to have something like 89 sooted, so that you have a reasonable chance to win if called. 72 off is about 11% to beat an overpair.

For the guy to fold KK, he has to be almost certain he is against AA. He is miles ahead of every other hand. And he is getting 2-1 on a call. It was a disastrous fold. He would have been an 89% favorite in a $1300 pot. So his rightful share of the pot was $1144.

I don't know that Utah was a winning player. But assuming he was a $10/hr winner, he was bluffed out of 114 hours of work.

A very good winner makes $18/hour? Just wondering how you figure your numbers? I make about double that playing 1/2 over the last 7 years.

Btw check your PM’s on GM if you have a free moment :)
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 16th, 2019 at 12:49:57 PM permalink
I was found 20% liable in a car accident where a woman turned in front of me to cross traffic and I hit her back bumper. The insurance company's logic was that she was "almost done" with her turn so I should have been able to avoid it somehow. (??)

I TRIED!! I had to slam on the brakes to avoid t-boning her, and still ended up clipping her car. I guess according to insurance company logic I should not even have tried to brake and just slammed into her head on so I wouldn't be found liable.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
July 16th, 2019 at 12:54:28 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I was found 20% liable in a car accident where a woman turned in front of me to cross traffic and I hit her back bumper. The insurance company's logic was that she was "almost done" with her turn so I should have been able to avoid it somehow. (??)

I TRIED!! I had to slam on the brakes to avoid t-boning her, and still ended up clipping her car. I guess according to insurance company logic I should not even have tried to brake and just slammed into her head on so I wouldn't be found liable.

That's just a case of liberal logic.😀
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
Thanked by
petroglyph
July 16th, 2019 at 12:57:58 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

That's just a case of liberal logic.😀

Why does everything have to be political with you?

It’s obvious the insurance company was racist.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
July 16th, 2019 at 1:01:36 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Why does everything have to be political with you?

It’s obvious the insurance company was racist.

I thought racist is implied automatically without need for mention. I bet that insurance company has a coiled snake in their logo as well. Oh, the horrors.
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 16th, 2019 at 1:17:05 PM permalink
You guys are barking up the wrong tree. It was State Farm. Look at their logo. What are those three orbs for? It's something to do with the Illuminati....
Boz
Boz
July 16th, 2019 at 1:25:20 PM permalink

You guys are barking up the wrong tree. It was State Farm. Look at their logo. What are those three orbs for? It's something to do with the Illuminati....

Has to be a better deal in the insurance market out there for you than State Farm. A system still reliant on agents in offices is antiquated.

It’s either the general and other low end policies for those with nothing to lose, or Progressive and Geico for the middle class.

Unless they see you as damaged goods now because of SF’s bad decision.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
Boz
July 16th, 2019 at 1:43:18 PM permalink

Has to be a better deal in the insurance market out there for you than State Farm. A system still reliant on agents in offices is antiquated.

It’s either the general and other low end policies for those with nothing to lose, or Progressive and Geico for the middle class.

Unless they see you as damaged goods now because of SF’s bad decision.

State Farm is the insurance co. for the person I hit. I have a different provider.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
July 16th, 2019 at 2:02:54 PM permalink

State Farm is the insurance co. for the person I hit. I have a different provider.

Sounds like they are trying to weasel out of paying up. Doesn't the police report state who was at fault?
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 16th, 2019 at 2:07:47 PM permalink

. I have a different provider.

They seemed not to have gone to bat for you. State Farm is only a DBA, the insurance is underwritten by the Truck Insurance Exchange of Kansas City.
GWAE
GWAE
July 16th, 2019 at 2:08:22 PM permalink

Sounds like they are trying to weasel out of paying up. Doesn't the police report state who was at fault?

Each state handles at cault differently. In PA the medical part is dumb imo. If I am a passenger in your car and there is an accident my auto insurance pays. If I dont have auto insurance then it is one of the wrecked cars
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 16th, 2019 at 2:12:26 PM permalink

Police weren't called. Damage was cosmetic, no injuries, both cars driveable, and the other driver verbally accepted fault at the time.
Boz
Boz
July 16th, 2019 at 2:13:26 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Each state handles at cault differently. In PA the medical part is dumb imo. If I am a passenger in your car and there is an accident my auto insurance pays. If I dont have auto insurance then it is one of the wrecked cars

Could have stopped at PA is dumb.

All things considered, it’s one of the worst states in the Union with everything considered. And sadly I’m still a resident FT.
petroglyph
petroglyph
July 16th, 2019 at 2:15:32 PM permalink

Police weren't called. Damage was cosmetic, no injuries, both cars driveable, and the other driver verbally accepted fault at the time.

Wait until you get your next insurance bill and see that your insurance is going up, because that accident was partly your fault. Happened to me.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 16th, 2019 at 2:32:24 PM permalink
Maybe you need one of those dashcams.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 17
July 16th, 2019 at 3:08:13 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Maybe you need one of those dashcams.

I've got one, primarily because I'm in a tourist area with a boatload of roundabouts and a lot of drivers don't seem to have a clue as to who has the ROW.

You can get them on eBay for as little as $10.

And if you screw up and it's your fault you can pull out the mini SD card and swallow it. No more evidence against you.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
July 16th, 2019 at 4:42:22 PM permalink
What’s the mid size or larger city in the US with the worst pizza? My nomination goes to St. Louis and the cracker provel garbage.

Worst regional cuisine? Gotta go with Cincinnati chili.
DRich
DRich
July 16th, 2019 at 4:54:06 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

What’s the mid size or larger city in the US with the worst pizza? My nomination goes to St. Louis and the cracker provel garbage.

I am not a fan of St Louis style pizza, but there are lots of good pizza places in St Louis. When in St Louis you must try some deep fried ravioli. Tony's restaurant near the arch is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere.

I am from Ohio and I don't understand Cincy Chili either. Why cinnamon in chili?
Boz
Boz
July 16th, 2019 at 4:59:41 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

For some F’n reason Skyline Chili has locations in the Tampa area. No clue how they stay in business. Don’t see many from Cincy moving down here, but what do I know?
DRich
DRich
July 16th, 2019 at 5:00:52 PM permalink

For some F’n reason Skyline Chili has locations in the Tampa area. No clue how they stay in business. Don’t see many from Cincy moving down here, but what do I know?

My experience is that half of Ohio has moved to Florida.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
Boz
July 16th, 2019 at 5:02:04 PM permalink
I keep meaning to buy a dash cam but I never do.

The other day I witnessed a skinny crackhead chick outrunning a cop on foot. That was pretty funny. I instinctively yelled “worldstar!” But since I wasn’t recording it, it doesn’t count. :(
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
July 16th, 2019 at 5:34:08 PM permalink

Little poker hand for ya. Utah guy vs. Scando. Uncapped $1/2. $650 deep.

Someone opens small. Utah makes it $30. Scando makes it $80. Utah makes it $230. Scando shoves.

Utah, with only about $400 back, folds KK face up. Scando turns over 72o.

I've seen scores of royals. I've had a six card royal. I've seen someone LOSE with a royal. I've played with several celebs and a Brazilian mob boss.

Ain't seen that before.

How big was Scando's stack? Maybe risking $630 on a stone bluff wasn't a big deal.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Boz
Boz
July 16th, 2019 at 5:37:02 PM permalink
Quote: RS

The other day I witnessed a skinny crackhead chick outrunning a cop on foot. That was pretty funny. I instinctively yelled “worldstar!” But since I wasn’t recording it, it doesn’t count. :(

I liked this. That said without a drug test you are obviously a “racist” accusing a workout diva keeping in shape while keeping a racist cop from shooting her.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
July 16th, 2019 at 6:12:38 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I witnessed a skinny crackhead chick outrunning a cop on foot.(

You might have monetized it on youtube for far, far more than a camera would have cost you.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
July 16th, 2019 at 7:06:32 PM permalink

You might have monetized it on youtube for far, far more than a camera would have cost you.

the right dashcam video can bring millions of views.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
July 17th, 2019 at 4:42:51 AM permalink
he's planning to PUT A COMPUTER CHIP IN YOUR BRAIN
not sure if it's mandatory or you can opt out................................. 😄
if I get in on this very early does that mean I will be able to crush in fantasy football?

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/tech/elon-musk-wants-hook-your-brain-directly-computers-starting-next-ncna1030631

Please don't feed the trolls
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
Thanked by
odiousgambit
July 17th, 2019 at 5:17:57 AM permalink
Resistance is futile.

You will be assimilated.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
July 17th, 2019 at 6:28:35 AM permalink
Tesla was at $178 in early June. It was $252 yesterday. It's ridiculously overpriced, but you can make lot of money riding this particular roller coaster. Just buy low and sell high.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: