Thread Rating:

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
August 2nd, 2017 at 10:12:35 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

I didn't quote him anywhere.

No, but were I to respond to your criticism I'd want to explain why I haven't just thrown him under the bus, and part of the explanation would involve my discussing, paraphrasing and perhaps quoting some of his recent views and posts, which is prohibited.

Sorry, you're setting me up to be banned, and that dog won't hunt.

So I must accept your taunt and not respond other than as I have: my hands are tied by this forum's rules.

Of course, if you can find the ability to engage me on an unmoderated forum: well, let's just say "Things will be different."
"What, me worry?"
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
August 2nd, 2017 at 10:21:15 AM permalink
I don't want you banned. All I did was make an observation. He's your friend, so what.

Also, you aren't going to bait me into going anywhere. It's funny how people can get into a tizzy when someone speaks the truth about them.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
MrV
MrV
Thanked by
CyrusV
August 2nd, 2017 at 10:29:01 AM permalink
He's not my friend.

I've never met him, never talked to him by phone, never emailed him.

We have some convergent views, plus I prefer to argue for the underdog / the damned.

Oh, what is this "truth" you now bring up, after editing your post?
"What, me worry?"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 2nd, 2017 at 10:52:55 AM permalink
How many thousand kids disappear or are taken each year?
I microchip my dog, in case he gets lost, but do that to a child and there is an outrage.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 2nd, 2017 at 4:17:36 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

yes, it's true. an employer in wisconsin is implanting microchips into employees by plunging a needle into their hands. my response if an employer asked to implant me with a microchip? not printable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/08/01/some-feared-hackers-and-the-devil-others-got-microchipped/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_wonk-microchip-931pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.6e78abf30406

the point being missed is the outrageous boldness of this employer to ask his employees to do this. if they refuse, they may feel, rightly or wrongly that their status within the company is diminished and that they may have less chance for a promotion or for longevity. who the EFF does this MOTHEREFFING employer think he is asking if he can implant a device in an employee's body.
Please don't feed the trolls
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 2nd, 2017 at 4:20:25 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

How many thousand kids disappear or are taken each year?

Very few actually. Most kids are missing for an official eight hours but that means they were found on the same shift as which they were reported lost so it goes into the computer as eight hours.

Some parents use bracelets or shoes that are gps enabled or concealed chips that ping on cell phone towers via a battery.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
August 2nd, 2017 at 4:52:31 PM permalink
Quote: RS

For one, everyone is going to like different foods and even different ways that food is prepared. Some people like the burgers from a nicer restaurant, they're very juicy, fresh, have great fluffy bread, etc. Others prefer a McDonalds burger.

Personally, I love chicken fingers and steak. I love the cheap chicken fingers you can get at bars around Vegas as well as Jack in the Box and the old Burger King ones with that really good flavor. But I hate the chicken fingers they serve at nicer restaurants, especially Chili's. If I'm ever at a Chili's and order chicken fingers, or any nicer-than-complete-sh**-restaurant, remind me not to order it.

I also love steak. And although there are some places that have good, cheap steak, it's usually not anywhere comparable to a steakhouse (this is expected). Try a rib-eye, New York, or some other steak from TGI Fridays then try it again at an actual steak house.....the one at the steak house will absolutely 100% be better. If you disagree, you are simply wrong.

Chili's is a nicer restaurant? Are you high?

When you are eating chicken fingers, you are never getting quality food at a "nice restaurant" because chicken fingers is not nice food. Compare it to a hot dog. It is at best pub food. You can elevate fish and chips by the batter and the quality of fish. You can't do the same with a piece of overly processed chicken.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
boymimbo
boymimbo
August 2nd, 2017 at 5:00:01 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

yes, it's true. an employer in wisconsin is implanting microchips into employees by plunging a needle into their hands. my response if an employer asked to implant me with a microchip? not printable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/08/01/some-feared-hackers-and-the-devil-others-got-microchipped/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_wonk-microchip-931pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.6e78abf30406

Yeah, when I read this I thought about Revelations 13.

Quote: Revelations 13, NKJV

"16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Many current Christian religious zealots think that that mark represents idolatry to the antichrist and that a current version would be an implanted chip that would allow you to engage in commerce. A big sign of the end-times. So I was surprised when everyone at the plant went for it.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 2nd, 2017 at 9:32:16 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Chili's is a nicer restaurant? Are you high?

When you are eating chicken fingers, you are never getting quality food at a "nice restaurant" because chicken fingers is not nice food. Compare it to a hot dog. It is at best pub food. You can elevate fish and chips by the batter and the quality of fish. You can't do the same with a piece of overly processed chicken.

I meant nicer -- as in nicer than fast food. I think I meant to write a spoiler or edit showing that's what I meant, but I forgot to do so. :(

My point was, I can spend $5 at a bar and get really good chicken fingers or I can spend $15 at Chili's and get complete sh** chicken fingers. Speaking of which, I haven't been to a Chili's in years.....probably because they have awful chicken fingers.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
August 2nd, 2017 at 9:44:31 PM permalink

I meant nicer -- as in nicer than fast food. I think I meant to write a spoiler or edit showing that's what I meant, but I forgot to do so. :(

My point was, I can spend $5 at a bar and get really good chicken fingers or I can spend $15 at Chili's and get complete sh** chicken fingers. Speaking of which, I haven't been to a Chili's in years.....probably because they have awful chicken fingers.

Chicken fingers have all but disappeared from the most common fast food places. Burger King, McDonalds, and Wendy's all used to have them, but 86'd them at some point. Mechanically separated chicken nuggets must be more profitable.

Do you guys have Chik Fil A out there? So GD good.
boymimbo
boymimbo
August 2nd, 2017 at 9:51:18 PM permalink
Chick-Fil-A puts heroin in its batter I swear. So good. In my community there's a Chick-Fil-A across the street from an In-and-Out which would crave my fast food needs for a lifetime (save for some fried chicken from time to time and a trip to Taco Bell when I am feeling depressed).

Chicken Fingers are finicky. Really you've got to work with chicken pieces (breast or thigh) and put them in a large area of breading and create them with a sense of value meaning that you expect more filling and tastier more fulfilling batter that is still fundamentally unhealthy. People would rather spend $5 on 20 McNuggets than $5 on 3 or 4 fingers because you know that already eating crap. So, you don't sell alot, even though the quality of the product is fundamentally better.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
August 2nd, 2017 at 9:54:47 PM permalink

Chick-Fil-A puts heroin in its batter I swear. So good. In my community there's a Chick-Fil-A across the street from an In-and-Out which would crave my fast food needs for a lifetime (save for some fried chicken from time to time and a trip to Taco Bell when I am feeling depressed).

Their mayo packets are also crack-like. It puts hellemans to shame. I put more of that mayo on my chicken sandwiches than any reasonable person would expect. And this is probably why I have high cholesterol at age 25.
RS
RS
August 2nd, 2017 at 10:34:54 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Their mayo packets are also crack-like. It puts hellemans to shame. I put more of that mayo on my chicken sandwiches than any reasonable person would expect. And this is probably why I have high cholesterol at age 25.

All mayonnaise is OP, except the fat-free BS. I just finished two corn-dogs with mayonnaise. Mhmmmm that's some good eatin'.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 3rd, 2017 at 12:58:30 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

I expect you must be one of those who think that dietary cholesterol is related to serum cholesterol or to brain cholesterol levels.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
August 3rd, 2017 at 6:25:59 AM permalink

Chicken Fingers are finicky. Really you've got to work with chicken pieces (breast or thigh) and put them in a large area of breading and create them with a sense of value meaning that you expect more filling and tastier more fulfilling batter that is still fundamentally unhealthy. People would rather spend $5 on 20 McNuggets than $5 on 3 or 4 fingers because you know that already eating crap. So, you don't sell alot, even though the quality of the product is fundamentally better.

I don't "get" the chick fil a thing. Never eat there. It's ok but same thing as every other chicken sandwich except with undercooked bland fries so not going to wait the extra bit of time it generally takes to eat there vs other fast food. Chicken tenders better than McNuggets but that's a super low bar, imo raising cane's does the fingers better.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 3rd, 2017 at 10:33:58 AM permalink
I just got a lobster roll near boston at mcdonalds. They had s sign out front about mclobster. I giggled and had to go get one. 8.99 for thst bastard but it was pretty good.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
billryan
billryan
August 3rd, 2017 at 10:40:35 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Very few actually. Most kids are missing for an official eight hours but that means they were found on the same shift as which they were reported lost so it goes into the computer as eight hours.

Some parents use bracelets or shoes that are gps enabled or concealed chips that ping on cell phone towers via a battery.

Really? So the thousands of flyers we have at the Youth at Risk program of parents searching for their missing kids are fake?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 3rd, 2017 at 10:40:41 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I just got a lobster roll near boston at mcdonalds. They had s sign out front about mclobster. I giggled and had to go get one. 8.99 for thst bastard but it was pretty good.

Speaking of fast food, I am looking forward to trying the garlic fries at McDonald's. I have read some positive reviews of them.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/local/gilroy-garlic-fries.html
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
August 3rd, 2017 at 11:22:49 AM permalink

I expect you must be one of those who think that dietary cholesterol is related to serum cholesterol or to brain cholesterol levels.

I have no idea what that means, but I can only assume my high cholesterol is due to my poor eating habits.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 3rd, 2017 at 11:30:55 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Wonder if they have McOyster?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
August 3rd, 2017 at 12:38:01 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Wonder if they have McOyster?

I'm definitely taking the UNDER in the next McOyster challenge!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
August 3rd, 2017 at 1:38:19 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I don't "get" the chick fil a thing. Never eat there. It's ok but same thing as every other chicken sandwich except with undercooked bland fries so not going to wait the extra bit of time it generally takes to eat there vs other fast food. Chicken tenders better than McNuggets but that's a super low bar, imo raising cane's does the fingers better.

It's kind of weird to me too. I lived in Alabama when I was a child and it was just another ff joint. I liked it, but it was not a big deal as far as I could tell. (When I moved to California, everyone made a much bigger deal about In N Out).

I didn't have it for 20 years and I saw the first one in California maybe 8 years ago. I tried it. It has a certain taste, that I remembered. But it was a little bland and too greasy. Certainly, much better than a McNugget or something like that. Nobody really seemed to care much about it.

Now, in the last 2 years or so, it's become a craze all of the sudden. Some kind of marketing campaign?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
August 3rd, 2017 at 1:42:52 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Really? So the thousands of flyers we have at the Youth at Risk program of parents searching for their missing kids are fake?

My understanding is that a lot of kids run away, a lot are taken by a parent who has lost custody, but very few are abducted at random.

I don't think anybody should have a chip implanted in them. But there is a school of thought that we'll all eventually become kind of cyborgs.

Those who opt out will be dumber, slower and weaker than everyone else and who wants that?
rxwine
rxwine
August 3rd, 2017 at 2:35:02 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

I don't think anybody should have a chip implanted in them. But there is a school of thought that we'll all eventually become kind of cyborgs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
August 3rd, 2017 at 3:58:16 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

My understanding is that a lot of kids run away, a lot are taken by a parent who has lost custody, but very few are abducted at random.

Those who opt out will be dumber, slower and weaker than everyone else and who wants that?

I never said they were abducted, a runaway child is still a missing child.
I'll take a bionic leg, with or without a chip any day they offer it to me. Two ,in fact.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 3rd, 2017 at 4:03:05 PM permalink
Most of these fundraisers try to expand the numbers but if you kick out the throwaways, runaways, custodial interference, etc. you pretty much have very small numbers for outright kidnappings.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
August 3rd, 2017 at 10:11:16 PM permalink
Around 2000 kids go missing everyday. About 1/2 for longer than 8 hours. Out of all the missing children only 115 per year are stranger abductions and only 20% are recovered. 80% of the remaining are killed within 3 hours by the stranger abductor. Parents, other relatives, family friends, and acquaintances are responsible for all but those 115. Overall numbers include wanderers and runaways.
Last edited by: MaxPen on Aug 4, 2017
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 3rd, 2017 at 10:22:17 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Around 2000 kids go missing everyday. About 1/2 for longer than 8 hours. Out of all the missing children only 115 are stranger abductions and only 20% are recovered. 80% of the remaining are killed within 3 hours by the stranger abductor. Parents, other relatives, family friends, and acquaintances are responsible for all but those 115. Overall numbers include wanderers and runaways.

So damn depressing. I'm so sick of seeing news articles about pedos. It's gross and depressing, but almost nothing can prevent them. I wonder how many are set up, if anyone gets into your house or on your devices or Wi-Fi, you can be stone cold guilty and innocent if someone plants something.
I am a robot.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 3rd, 2017 at 11:13:04 PM permalink
The UK is currently undergoing Historical Pedophilia Hysteria.

Beloved entertainer Rolf Harris had his image removed from an exterior mural because he supposedly touched a young girls breasts during an autograph signing event unsupervised by any adults (you know, the little kiddies lined up in an orderly fashion) at the conclusion of a faire for which there were no advertisements or artiles or vendors that could be found.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
August 3rd, 2017 at 11:47:54 PM permalink
That sou Ned high to me so I doublchecked.

The number of stranger abductions appears to be 115 per year rather than per day.

Washington post

homicide. But children taken by strangers or slight acquaintances represent only one-hundredth of 1 percent of all missing children. The last comprehensive study estimated that the number was 115 in a year.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 4th, 2017 at 2:08:36 AM permalink
one thousand children are abducted every hour in the US alone. Out of those, UFOs who suck them up into the ship account for 70%

apparently there is no need to back up these claims with a source, so I thought I'd pass on what I remember of what some schmuck on a barstool told me too
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 4th, 2017 at 5:47:10 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

what some schmuck on a barstool told me too

Oh, hi. Didn't know that was you I was talking to at the time.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 4th, 2017 at 5:47:10 AM permalink
You can quote stats from these missing kids websites but they ain't neutral sources, they want more money donated to them so they have to inflate numbers by including missing, at risk, exploited, etc. etc
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
August 4th, 2017 at 2:00:56 PM permalink
I just read an article about a woman who retired at 28 years old with $2.25 million in the bank.

You guys think you could do that? I'd be kind of scared to retire that young, even though it's plenty of money to live off of. I'd do it now, though, at 40 years old.
bbcpjc
bbcpjc
  • Threads: 2
August 4th, 2017 at 2:40:54 PM permalink

The UK is currently undergoing Historical Pedophilia Hysteria.

Beloved entertainer Rolf Harris had his image removed from an exterior mural because he supposedly touched a young girls breasts during an autograph signing event unsupervised by any adults (you know, the little kiddies lined up in an orderly fashion) at the conclusion of a faire for which there were no advertisements or artiles or vendors that could be found.

Are you aware that Rolf Harris is actually doing time for sex crimes. He was also recently brought up on additional charges although he was not convicted because the jury could not agree. Yes, we are going back in time and judging people's actions in past times by today's standards but that is a different discussion. Try googling Jimmy Saville or Gary Glitter to understand where this is coming from.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 4th, 2017 at 2:53:33 PM permalink
Quote: bbcpjc

to understand where this is coming from.

I know where this is coming from. Where there is smoke, there is a lawyer-funded smoke machine and lots of lying women focused on compensation claims.
Rolf Harris is innocent. The judge and prosecutor and cop who served on both the investigation and the jury should be shot.
MrV
MrV
August 4th, 2017 at 3:19:18 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I just read an article about a woman who retired at 28 years old with $2.25 million in the bank.

Yeah, read the article in Forbes.

Unlike her, I wouldn't choose to share a 325 square foot apartment with another adult and a dog.

I wouldn't want to do it if I were poor, let alone were I a multi-millionaire.

What is it with young folks these days, them and their "tiny houses?" (or apt., in her case)
"What, me worry?"
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
August 4th, 2017 at 3:28:04 PM permalink

UFOs who suck them up into the ship account for 70%

How do I get one of those roaming brood removal saucers to vacuum my neighborhood? It can park on my lawn.*

*I will plant a lawn so it can park on it.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
August 4th, 2017 at 3:55:32 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

What is it with young folks these days, them and their "tiny houses?" (or apt., in her case)

I like tiny houses, but my wife would never go for it. If you don't need all that room, then why have a big house?
vegas
vegas
August 4th, 2017 at 6:32:41 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

You guys think you could do that? I'd be kind of scared to retire that young, even though it's plenty of money to live off of. I'd do it now, though, at 40 years old.

She was making mid 6 figures when she retired. I think I would have went a little longer and saved a couple million more.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
RS
RS
August 5th, 2017 at 3:25:47 AM permalink
Retiring at such a young age just sounds extremely boring to me.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 5th, 2017 at 5:22:56 AM permalink

Men tend to get their identity from their careers but females from their lifestyle. Spas, restaurants, shoes, are equivalent to a career for women.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
August 5th, 2017 at 8:07:17 AM permalink

Men tend to get their identity from their careers but females from their lifestyle. Spas, restaurants, shoes, are equivalent to a career for women.

Most of my identity comes from sitting on the couch, watching Netflix, and eating shitty food. I'm a real go getter.
billryan
billryan
August 5th, 2017 at 11:06:50 AM permalink
She will have a six figure income as long as she lives, without ever touching the principal.
Not too shabby.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 5th, 2017 at 12:02:24 PM permalink

One of the standard retirement books is How to retire at 35.
I recall a line from a TV play in the sixties... girl: (incredulously) And retire at 28???
guy: No, at 24.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
August 5th, 2017 at 12:10:58 PM permalink
If you go by the 4% rule, which we see a lot, it'd be 100k per year and as you adjust for inflation you eventually get into the principle.

It wouldn't last forever, she may run out before old age. These early-retire people often find it hard to keep from spending too much.

The 4% thing depends on assumptions. You can toy around with your own assumptions using this calculator, it has a withdrawal option.

http://www.thecalculatorsite.com/finance/calculators/compoundinterestcalculator.php
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
rxwine
rxwine
August 5th, 2017 at 1:24:58 PM permalink

I These early-retire people often find it hard to keep from spending too much.

Perhaps if you could exclude "windfall" retirees such as inheritance or lottery. Seems like frugal people already have good habits.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
August 5th, 2017 at 1:38:20 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Seems like frugal people already have good habits.

A few years ago a guy won a fortune in a Vegas slot machine and the next day went shopping at his favorite thrift store. They say good habits die hard, but I of course would not know.
billryan
billryan
August 5th, 2017 at 5:24:53 PM permalink

If you go by the 4% rule, which we see a lot, it'd be 100k per year and as you adjust for inflation you eventually get into the principle.

It wouldn't last forever, she may run out before old age. These early-retire people often find it hard to keep from spending too much.

The 4% thing depends on assumptions. You can toy around with your own assumptions using this calculator, it has a withdrawal option.

http://www.thecalculatorsite.com/finance/calculators/compoundinterestcalculator.php

I'm going to assume anyone with the acumen to save almost three million dollars in a few years is knowledgeable enough to earn five percent on her money. I wonder if she worked enough to be vested in Social Security?
Thanks to the insane real estate market in Brooklyn, my friends younger brother was able to retire with almost two million dollars around age 32.
After a few years, he went back to work , working 20 hours a week at a doggie day care center just for laughs and to maintain some principal.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 6th, 2017 at 2:02:54 AM permalink
You can retire now, just change your needs and norms or move out of the country to Asia or South America. I'm thinking of going to China in a few years as long as the death penalty still goes for attacking white foreigners. I think it would be fun being a minority with privilege.
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: