Thread Rating:

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 9th, 2016 at 3:56:48 AM permalink
This election is not about "honest" and "trustworthy"...you'd think that those things would be important to voters, but they don't seem to build momentum against either of the front runners. Hillary and Trump polled the highest in the "not honest" category (56%/52%) and were two of the four lowest in the "honest" category (27%/29%) recently (http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/17/poll-hillary-clinton-least-honest-and-trustworthy-of-all-presidential-candidates/).

On the Republican side, neither Cruz nor Rubio had all that good of numbers, Kasich was better. Carson, was the top Republican but he is gone. Bernie did the best of the whole lot in the survey.

The polling source is not scientific, so it can't be trusted all that much, but it kind of paints a picture of where we are at based on other polls and numbers reported on the honest and trustworthy issues. On the Democrat side, Hillary is the anointed one and there is no pesky issue of a candidate like then-Senator Obama to get in her way. Sure, Bernie draws some crowds and wins some things, but the super duper delegates and her wins in primaries give her a huge advantage. It is clear that either voting Democrats don't consider her as dishonest or untrustworthy as polls show OR they just don't give a darn about honest or trustworthy.

On the Republican side, the idea of an "outsider" is taking much more importance than other factors. Both of the two delegate leaders, with Trump ahead of course, are not well liked by the party apparatus. Trump is bringing in more voters and building the excitement level. Cruz is not gaining ground, but he is getting some delegates along the way; potentially enough to deny Trump the first ballot nomination. Cruz had one Senator (past or present) endorsing him when I looked a few days ago. One. Yet he gets votes, too. It appears that Republicans voting for Trump are the same as those who are voting for Hillary in respect to honesty/trustworthiness.

This works for now, when it is not really even a majority of voters that decide the primaries and caucuses. What it does do is set up for one heck of a negative campaign in the fall. Trump would be better served to get his tax info out now than to have it leaked by Obama's IRS near the general election. Hillary needs the FBI investigation to clear her and her top people (because anyone too close to her linked to crimes in the email issue could be a problem for her) sooner rather than later. Even with those two issues cleared (and I am not sure they will be; neither may be taken care of by then), both candidates have tons of negatives that can be attacked by the other side.

I can't even imagine all the attacks Trump will come up with. Trump could come out with some real plans with numbers and actually looked at by experts by then, but I doubt it. It is easier to say "I'm going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it" than it is to actually show everyone how it will happen--the rhetoric wins votes; the "how" is wonky a lot of times. They will make "Little Marco" look like minor insults. Will Hillary stay positive or follow Trump to the negative? Trumps had three wives, apparently cheated on two of them with the next in line. Hillary didn't have a bunch of affairs; Bill did, as far as we know. Trump is or isn't worth as much as he says. Trump doesn't use as much American labor for his businesses as he says that he does. There is a lot to go after. The question is: will any of it stick?

Will it be a man attacking a woman? That could be bad. Will it be an outsider attacking an insider? Will the media continue to give Trump hours of air time?

It is going to be interesting...
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 9th, 2016 at 5:09:40 AM permalink
5th graders not impressed with the Republicans
Of course
All the 5th graders are smarter then the Republican candidates,
they know right from wrong
They know bullying and they know republicans are wrong for being bullies

Republicans need to grow up and become a no bully zone
We have no bully zones at schools because being a bully is wrong
Why cant the republican act like adults?
Last edited by: terapined on Mar 9, 2016
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 9th, 2016 at 8:43:06 AM permalink
Yesterday Nate Silver gave Hillary a 99% chance of winning Michigan.

Just goes to show he's not God....

I think all bets are off this election season. Polls won't be as reliable as in previous years. The Trump factor just changes everything...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 9th, 2016 at 9:07:05 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

Based on Silver's analysis I would have been willing to lay 20-1 against Trump winning the election last summer. Couldn't find any takers. So either everyone else was just following his lead or every one else independently came to the same conclusions he did.

I'm currently willing to bet even money that Trump won't win. Of course, no one would ever take that, because every one agrees with Silver's analysis that he still has a less than 50% chance of winning.

Hah. I booked some action with Miplet at even money (I have Trump in the general, he has field).

But, it was against my better judgment. I was trying to get 2/1 but no takers and I over-corrected. I'm full up on action now, sorry :p
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 9th, 2016 at 9:26:39 AM permalink
According to Bovada this morning Trump is -300 for the nomination and +200 in the general. I keep hearing on the news that Trump needs 60% of the remaining delegates, but from the info I can collect he has 458 delegates needing a total of 1237 with 1435 to go, which by my calculations is 54.2%
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 9th, 2016 at 9:33:10 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Why do voting places always have the oldest,
crustiest crones they can find in the district.
There wasn't one under 75 there today, all
confused and trying to figure out who you
are. I always have to show ID, what places
can you vote that don't require ID.

I was not required to show ID to vote in Massachusetts on super Tuesday. I was expecting to as when I registered to vote here they said they were permitted to ask for ID under certain circumstances, including if it was your first time voting here.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
March 9th, 2016 at 9:48:17 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Yesterday Nate Silver gave Hillary a 99% chance of winning Michigan.

Just goes to show he's not God......

Another thing we can agree on. Just don't tell the Huffington Post hear that. They worship him like a God.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 9th, 2016 at 11:47:01 AM permalink

Wow, look at Rubio. He's a fool if he doesn't
drop out before FL. He can't win no matter
what happens from here out, and if he leaves
his name on the ballot, he can't run for
senator again. It's lose/lose if he stays
in the race. Poor Little Marco.

When I voted on super Tuesday, ALL the candidates were still on the ballot (including Christe, Bush, etc etc). Just because you suspend your campaign doesn't mean you get taken all of the ballot. It's probably true some places, but it will vary by state and process. If you're totally out of the loop, you could easily vote for someone who has suspended. Or you could do it anyway as a protest vote. I almost voted for Rand Paul.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 9th, 2016 at 11:51:06 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

I was not required to show ID to vote in Massachusetts on super Tuesday. I was expecting to as when I registered to vote here they said they were permitted to ask for ID under certain circumstances, including if it was your first time voting here.

Not only do they not require it in Illinois, but they order me to put it back in my wallet if I happen to take it out to identify myself
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 9th, 2016 at 12:08:41 PM permalink

When I voted on super Tuesday, ALL the candidates were still on the ballot (including Christe, Bush, etc etc). Just because you suspend your campaign doesn't mean you get taken all of the ballot.

He has to officially end his campaign and
request his name be removed. If he doesn't,
he loses his senate seat no matter what
the outcome of the election. FL law.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 9th, 2016 at 1:47:42 PM permalink

Under what circumstances? If he suspends his campaign but doesn't do that stuff he loses his seat? Or if he competes and loses? Florida has a law that if you run for president and don't win you lose your senate seat?!

I would ask for a source, but we all know you're pulling random stuff out of your ass like you do every day. How is year 4 of President Romney in your fantasy land?
RonC
RonC
March 9th, 2016 at 3:24:12 PM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

Not only do they not require it in Illinois, but they order me to put it back in my wallet if I happen to take it out to identify myself

Of course they do. How else can you remain completely ignorant of who is actually voting? There should be no restriction against identifying yourself properly...
RonC
RonC
March 9th, 2016 at 3:38:13 PM permalink

Under what circumstances? If he suspends his campaign but doesn't do that stuff he loses his seat? Or if he competes and loses? Florida has a law that if you run for president and don't win you lose your senate seat?!

I would ask for a source, but we all know you're pulling random stuff out of your ass like you do every day. How is year 4 of President Romney in your fantasy land?

He at least has to get on the ballot. He is not on it as of now. He cannot run for both. Here are the pertinent dates (note that the filing deadline is different from two sources...the internet is always right!):

Candidate Filing Deadline--June 24, 2016

Primary Election--August 30, 2016

General Election--November 8, 2016 (not that we didn't know that!)

https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Senate_election_in_Florida,_2016

Rubio has said he will not run for re-election to the Senate even if he drops out of the GOP presidential primary (which takes place in Florida on March 15, 2016) before he would have to qualify for the 2016 Senate primary ballot, for which the filing deadline is May 6, 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Florida,_2016

Florida, like Indiana, does not allow a candidate to simultaneously seek re-election and run for president.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-01-11/the-candidates-dilemma-is-it-worth-quitting-your-day-job-to-run-for-president

Does suspending his campaign work? I did not find that information but losing the Florida primary does not take him out of the Presidential race officially; I can see that "suspending" might not be considered the same as "removing your name from consideration"...

EB could help us a little by posting some sources...i gotta go fly my kite in the thunderstorm passing over now...
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 9th, 2016 at 4:54:34 PM permalink

I would ask for a source, but we all know you're pulling random stuff out of your ass/q]

I've heard it at least a dozen times on
the cable news networks. Try and keep
up, I know it can be daunting.

EvenBob
EvenBob
March 9th, 2016 at 4:57:40 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

EB could help us a little by posting some sources...i gotta go fly my kite in the thunderstorm passing over now...

I just assumed everybody knew what's been
in the news over and over. I first heard it last
summer. They talk about it all the time. If
I have provide sources for the obvious, this
is the most pathetic election thread ever.
Boz
Boz
March 9th, 2016 at 5:16:20 PM permalink

How is year 4 of President Romney in your fantasy land?

Mitt thinks people will want to answer that in 2020. Talk about someone in fantasy land!
RonC
RonC
March 9th, 2016 at 5:54:07 PM permalink

I just assumed everybody knew what's been
in the news over and over. I first heard it last
summer. They talk about it all the time. If
I have provide sources for the obvious, this
is the most pathetic election thread ever.

I survived flying the kite...there was lot of lightning, but no strikes...

Okay. No sources because you heard it
somewhere sometime. Just was thought
to help people see it for themselves, but
no big deal. I lose a lot of post count by
researching a little. I don't think I could be
at 20k, though.

I watch a lot of TV but I haven't heard much on that issue. I guess you watch more.

The chickens need fed; they are laying a lot more eggs now...
ams288
ams288
March 9th, 2016 at 6:54:25 PM permalink
Anyone watching the Univision Democrat debate being broadcast on CNN?

One of the questions they asked was: "Is Donald Trump a racist?"

Both Clinton and Sanders gave politician answers where they talk for a minute or so and avoid answering the question at all costs.

I wish one of them would have come out and just said, "Yes!" That would have upset Trump and I'm sure would have led to some entertaining stump speeches.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 9th, 2016 at 7:42:06 PM permalink

He at least has to get on the ballot. He is not on it as of now. He cannot run for both. Here are the pertinent dates (note that the filing deadline is different from two sources...the internet is always right!):

Candidate Filing Deadline--June 24, 2016

Primary Election--August 30, 2016

General Election--November 8, 2016 (not that we didn't know that!)

https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Senate_election_in_Florida,_2016

Rubio has said he will not run for re-election to the Senate even if he drops out of the GOP presidential primary (which takes place in Florida on March 15, 2016) before he would have to qualify for the 2016 Senate primary ballot, for which the filing deadline is May 6, 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Florida,_2016

Florida, like Indiana, does not allow a candidate to simultaneously seek re-election and run for president.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-01-11/the-candidates-dilemma-is-it-worth-quitting-your-day-job-to-run-for-president

Does suspending his campaign work? I did not find that information but losing the Florida primary does not take him out of the Presidential race officially; I can see that "suspending" might not be considered the same as "removing your name from consideration"...

Thanks for the full context Ron. That makes sense now.

*cough*sorrybob*cough
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 9th, 2016 at 8:07:44 PM permalink

I survived flying the kite...there was lot of lightning, but no strikes...

Okay. No sources because you heard it
somewhere sometime. ..

No, I hear it all the time, especially lately.
Saw a whole segment on it on MSnbc
this week. Last summer when Rubio was
still golden, they said it wasn't much
of a longshot he would lose his senate
job because he was a front runner.

UhHuh.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 9th, 2016 at 11:42:09 PM permalink
Oh No, Rubio booked an entire football
stadium Wednesday for a huge 'before
the debate' rally, and almost nobody
showed up! Looks like less than 200
overweight seniors who thought they
were going to a buffet. The plan was
to fill the stadium Trump style. Trump
had a rally 2 days ago where 20,000
showed up, with another 10K outside.
In FL, same as Rubio.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/devastating-rubio-rallies-to-empty-stadium-at-hialeah/

Now FOX Business is saying the top donors
for Rubio are saying the new polls are so
bad Rubio will drop out before next
Tuesday to save his senate seat. But it's
FOX, they lie about everything, that's
why they're number one. They have
the best lies.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-business-reports-rubio-will-drop-out-before-florida-if-polls-dont-improve/
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 9th, 2016 at 11:45:46 PM permalink
Trump's not racist.
RonC
RonC
March 10th, 2016 at 12:14:02 AM permalink

Thanks for the full context Ron. That makes sense now.

*cough*sorrybob*cough

The Florida law reads like, well, all laws...it isn't written as clearly as to say that you can't run for two offices if one is the Presidency. It has this specific section in it:

"(7) Nothing contained in subsection (3) relates to persons holding any federal office or seeking the office of President or Vice President."

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0000-0099/0099/Sections/0099.012.html

...and a couple of FAQ answers under the Department of State don't exactly make it clear, for example:

"Does the “resign-to-run” law apply to persons seeking the office of President or Vice President of the United States?

No. Subsection (7) of section 99.012 specifically states that nothing in subsection (3) of the “resign-to-run law” relates to persons seeking the office of President or Vice President. This conclusion could also be reached based upon applying the analysis in the response above to Question 16. However, the exception contained in subsection (7) has no bearing on the prohibition in subsection (2) of section 99.012 against qualifying for more than one office if the terms or any part thereof run concurrently with each other. (See response to question 14, above.)"

http://dos.myflorida.com/elections/contacts/frequently-asked-questions/faq-resign-to-run/

So, I don't see anything prohibiting Rubio from running for both Senate and the Presidency, but I could be wrong. Obviously, the chances of him actually running for President in November are between slim and none at this point, but EB mentions that there is speculation that he may want to get in the Senate race. Frank;y, I am not sure he would win a primary for Senate there given that he said this:

"“I don’t know that ‘hate’ is the right word,” Rubio said in an interview. “I’m frustrated.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2015/10/25/28cfaff0-6d59-11e5-9bfe-e59f5e244f92_story.html

That is powerful stuff for someone to run against with...why elect someone who does not want to be there and has already missed all those votes...

Anyway, it seems as if he could suspend his campaign without asking off all the ballots (and he won't be on one in the fall, just in the primaries) and still run for the Senate since the law doesn't apply to candidates for the Presidency, but I am not good enough at reading the law to be sure that is right...

The darn dogs are freaked out by the storm outside; they have kept me up all night, so I am trying to make myself sleepy by reading statutes...
Boz
Boz
March 10th, 2016 at 1:15:40 AM permalink
Only liberals could make this lady who came to the country as an illegal (Criminal), and still is a criminal a "hero". And after years of being here you still cannot speak the language. I would like to see more of the backstory on the 5 kids that are now US citizens. Who paid for their healthcare and to be born?

Call me mean spirited or whatever, but her husband broke the law, had due process and was sent home. My only question is when is she going to be reunited with him? And maybe Central America needs 5 more immigrants! After all, every country loves for American citizens to move there.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lucia-quiej-democratic-debate_us_56e0e776e4b065e2e3d4d9a1
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 10th, 2016 at 2:26:39 AM permalink
Anybody but Hilary at this point.... The fact she sent classified information as an unclassified email is enough for most people to lose their clearance and end up in jail.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
terapined
terapined
March 10th, 2016 at 3:37:33 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

.. The fact she sent classified information as an unclassified email is enough for most people to lose their clearance and end up in jail.

So most people that make the mistake of sending classified information as unclassified email are in prison?
Please cite example where people are in prison for this mistake
references please
I am looking for people that make this mistake and are now serving time in prison
Is there anybody in prison for making this mistake?

As usual, republicans trying to do an end around the American people
Let the American voters decide if Hill is qualified to be President
That's democracy, deal with it :-)
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 10th, 2016 at 4:04:50 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I'm not a republican or democrat. How can she hold the highest position of power with the FBI investigating a security leak, in which the information could have gotten some people's identity compromised, worse killed?
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
RonC
RonC
March 10th, 2016 at 4:37:58 AM permalink

I'm not a republican or democrat. How can she hold the highest position of power with the FBI investigating a security leak, in which the information could have gotten some people's identity compromised, worse killed?

It is hard to understand. I don't like Hillary; I think she would be a poor choice for President. That has nothing to do with how I feel about her judgement on the issue of emails and classified information. I sat through hours and hours of briefings on handling classified information of many levels and I understand the danger of mishandling them. I am not saying that some weren't mishandled by people by mistake; those people were always reprimanded or punished when the mistake was found. The security dude practically lived in his vault. He was constantly monitored. Suspending reality and believing that it is okay to do something worse with your email than your predecessor is one thing; doing it and ascending to the highest office in the land is even worse. The server idea was a horrible one. She knowingly circumvented the system for handling official emails and, in the process, classified material was passed through public servers. She may or may not have done it, but she is responsible for it happening.

Accountability. That is the specific issue I have with Hillary on this item. Rice, Kerry, Powell, etc. may have all done things wrong, too. They aren't running for President and that doesn't make Hillary's actions okay.
RonC
RonC
March 10th, 2016 at 4:42:13 AM permalink

Last I checked, the FBI is investigating actions that happened around Hillary. One of her people has been granted immunity. That normally only happens when that person can deliver a bigger fish. If the Democrats find an FBI investigation of Trump or people around him, the IRS finds something in his tax returns and a leak somehow happens, or anything of that sort, are the Democrats just going to sit back and "Let the American voters decide if Trump is qualified to be President"?
terapined
terapined
March 10th, 2016 at 4:46:38 AM permalink

Let the American people decide if she is qualified to be President.
If the email thing is important to you, don't vote for her
I don't think its a big deal, I will vote for her or Bernie
Let the chips, votes, fall wherever they fall
Trump U
I think its important, I wont vote for Trump, a lot of people got ripped off.
Others may think the other way and vote for Trump
Fine
Let the people decide

are the Democrats just going to sit back and "Let the American voters decide if Trump is qualified to be President"?

Absolutely
If he gets the nomination and the majority of electoral votes, he had earned the position
Will it happen, maybe but I doubt it
Even 11 year olds recognize he's more of a bully then a mature adult
Last edited by: terapined on Mar 10, 2016
ams288
ams288
March 10th, 2016 at 5:47:20 AM permalink

If the Democrats find an FBI investigation of Trump or people around him, the IRS finds something in his tax returns and a leak somehow happens, or anything of that sort, are the Democrats just going to sit back and "Let the American voters decide if Trump is qualified to be President"?

Absolutely!!

That would be an early Christmas gift for the Democrats... more ammo for the general election to paint him as a con artist.
RonC
RonC
March 10th, 2016 at 8:02:48 AM permalink

Absolutely!!

That would be an early Christmas gift for the Democrats... more ammo for the general election to paint him as a con artist.

No, they will not sit back and let the people decide...they will attack, attack, attack...which is what I think you mean.

It is the same with Hillary...Republicans can, have, and will attack her at every juncture about the email issue. They aren't going to sit back and let people vote without making sure they have heard about the issue a whole bunch of times and, of course, they will also hope that the FBI recommends charges against her to the DOJ if there is evidence she committed a crime (not just shown bad judgement; that is already a fact) and that the DOJ files charges.

In other words, both processes need to work--the justice system and the election campaigns. No one needs to just sit back and wait...state your case, attack your opponent when the facts show they are wrong, and try to get elected.
ams288
ams288
March 10th, 2016 at 8:26:58 AM permalink

It is the same with Hillary...Republicans can, have, and will attack her at every juncture about the email issue.

Trump has already stated that he will relentlessly go after Hillary over her emails.

Good luck with that. People are already sick of hearing about it. The only people who truly care and think a "crime" was committed are ones who would never vote for Hillary in the first place.

It'll be another dead horse like Benghazi by the time we get to November.

And Trump isn't the best messenger to go after someone for having "bad judgment."
RonC
RonC
March 10th, 2016 at 8:35:54 AM permalink

Trump has already stated that he will relentlessly go after Hillary over her emails.

...just as the Democrat nominee will go after Trump in every possible way.

Good luck with that. People are already sick of hearing about it. The only people who truly care and think a "crime" was committed are ones who would never vote for Hillary in the first place.

"People" (supporters) are tired of hearing about things before the hear bout them--they just want to ignore everything. Normal. People who don't support love hearing it. The issue is getting the message to the undecided folks and seeing which side they fall on. Repeat the message to help them remember it. As many times as it takes for them to get it.

It'll be another dead horse like Benghazi by the time we get to November.

Same as above. It isn't a dead horse to everyone, just to her supporters. You aren't going to change their minds, You want to get it to those who will make a decision, not the ones who have already decided.

And Trump isn't the best messenger to go after someone for having "bad judgment."

This one sounds true enough, one would think...oddly, Trump's faults along the way do not seem to matter. The challenge for the Democrat nominee is to make them matter. The Republican candidates have not been able to make it matter to the ones who support him or to the undecided ones--more seem to fall his way no matter what.

Of course, he could have a really big fall...you can take that a couple of different ways...
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 10th, 2016 at 8:44:00 AM permalink

Frank;y, I am not sure he would win a primary for Senate there given that he said this:

"“I don’t know that ‘hate’ is the right word,” Rubio said in an interview. “I’m frustrated.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2015/10/25/28cfaff0-6d59-11e5-9bfe-e59f5e244f92_story.html

That is powerful stuff for someone to run against with...why elect someone who does not want to be there and has already missed all those votes...

Based on my cursory googling around, Rubio said last year he would either run for President or re-election in the Senate, and not both. Once he announced his bid for President he claimed he would not enter the race for his Senate seat even if he dropped out of the race.

Obviously there is still time for him to go back on his word, but at the moment it certainly appears that he never INTENDED to run for his seat again once he got into the Presidential race.
ams288
ams288
March 10th, 2016 at 11:30:35 AM permalink

The issue is getting the message to the undecided folks and seeing which side they fall on. Repeat the message to help them remember it. As many times as it takes for them to get it.

I was watching Morning Joe the other day, and one of their guests made a good case that the undecided voters don't matter anymore.

Elections have become more and more about the two parties turning out their bases. The party that does a better job getting their base out to the polls, is the winner.

We have become so polarized as a nation, that the "independent swing voters" don't really exist anymore, or their importance has greatly diminished to the outcome of elections.

They made a good case - but in this election, who knows? Trump changes everything.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 10th, 2016 at 11:42:49 AM permalink
Anybody see the CNN interview with Trump's
ex butler? He had nothing bad to say about
Trump at all. You could tell the CNN babe
was trying to get him to dish dirt on Trump
and he did just the opposite.

The last thing he said:

"Yeah. I tell you, first of all, he's an incredibly generous person. He's been generous to his employees. He's generous to strangers.; He's an entirely nice guy. He's not the great, gruff person that people play him out to be. Sure, you attack him, he's gonna fight back. But most of the time, he's just a nice man. I mean, I lasted with him for 20 years. He had to be pretty good."

terapined
terapined
March 10th, 2016 at 1:22:59 PM permalink
The violence at these Trump Rallies is becoming sick
A protestor is being led out
All of the sudden, a thug just sucker punches the protestor
And get this, the police go after the victim
The victim is taken down
sick
This is absurd. Dems deal with protestors and hecklers all the time
Why do Trump supporters resort to violence?
I am happy to hear later Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office said it had arrested John Franklin McGraw of Linden, N.C., on charges of assault and disorderly conduct.
Total thug
RonC
RonC
March 10th, 2016 at 1:44:14 PM permalink

The violence at these Trump Rallies is becoming sick
A protestor is being led out
All of the sudden, a thug just sucker punches the protestor
And get this, the police go after the victim
The victim is taken down
sick
This is absurd. Dems deal with protestors and hecklers all the time
Why do Trump supporters resort to violence?
I am happy to hear later Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office said it had arrested John Franklin McGraw of Linden, N.C., on charges of assault and disorderly conduct.
Total thug

So they took a protester out. No problem there. Happens all the time.
A thug punches him. Problem.
They take the wrong guy down. Probably to get him out of there but maybe they made a mistake in identifying the aggressor.
They arrest the thug. Problem solved.

ONE supporter resorted to violence in this case. He was arrested.

I guess I don't see the problem. They remove protesters form most rallies.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 10th, 2016 at 1:59:57 PM permalink
In the CNN, FOX, and Q polls, all released
today or yesterday, they all have Trump
up by 23 points in FL. I just saw a Rubio
manager yelling that all those are WRONG.
The Rubio camp has their own more accurate
polls showing Rubio just a couple points
behind Trump. Yeah, that's why Rubio
crammed 200 people into a 20,000 seat
stadium yesterday. Because he's so in
demand.
ams288
ams288
March 10th, 2016 at 2:09:27 PM permalink

In the CNN, FOX, and Q polls, all released
today or yesterday, they all have Trump
up by 23 points in FL. I just saw a Rubio
manager yelling that all those are WRONG.
The Rubio camp has their own more accurate
polls showing Rubio just a couple points
behind Trump. Yeah, that's why Rubio
crammed 200 people into a 20,000 seat
stadium yesterday. Because he's so in
demand.

This is going to tarnish Rubio for a long time.

No one thinks Rubio has any chance to win anything... except Rubio.

If he gets out now, he could potentially help to take down Trump by consolidating some of the anti-Trump vote.

But noooo... He's just a selfish politician who is delusional enough to believe that all the polls are wrong.
terapined
terapined
March 10th, 2016 at 2:15:28 PM permalink
The Trump supporter thug speaks
"Next time we may have to kill him"
Wow
A thug sucker punches a protester in plain sight in front of thousands
doubles down with a death threat
typical Trump rally
yea, lets not kick thugs out. lol

ams288
ams288
March 10th, 2016 at 2:18:18 PM permalink

The Trump supporter thug speaks
"Next time we may have to kill him"
Wow
A thug sucker punches a protester in plain sight in front of thousands
doubles down with a death threat
typical Trump rally
yea, lets not kick thugs out. lol

Remember when I called people at Trump rallies "deranged" and some people here freaked out?

"Deranged" may have been putting it way too lightly...
RonC
RonC
March 10th, 2016 at 2:24:14 PM permalink
People at Trump rallies aren't deranged.

SOME people at Trump rallies are deranged.

Huge difference between the two things and making the first statement is kind of like trolling; you are looking to get a rise out of people who challenge the statement even though you already know that it is untrue.

Keep on saying it; you may even start to believe it.
ams288
ams288
March 10th, 2016 at 2:28:18 PM permalink

A LOT of people at Trump rallies are deranged, but not all...

That's as much as I'll concede. ;)
terapined
terapined
March 10th, 2016 at 2:30:18 PM permalink

Huge difference between the two things and making the first statement is kind of like trolling; you are looking to get a rise out of people who challenge the statement even though you already know that it is untrue.

Is Trump deranged?
He talks about punching a protester himself
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 10th, 2016 at 2:39:57 PM permalink

lol. MS and CNN are going nuts with this
story: Old guy sucker punches black kid
at Trump rally. You'd think Trump pulled
out the piece he carries and opened fire
on the kid. This is a non story, why would
anybody possibly care this late in the game.
Do you know how many people will be
offended that some black kid with a big
mouth got coldcocked? Not even black
people will care.
RonC
RonC
March 10th, 2016 at 3:20:06 PM permalink

lol. MS and CNN are going nuts with this
story: Old guy sucker punches black kid
at Trump rally. You'd think Trump pulled
out the piece he carries and opened fire
on the kid. This is a non story, why would
anybody possibly care this late in the game.
Do you know how many people will be
offended that some black kid with a big
mouth got coldcocked? Not even black
people will care.

They care about this.
They don't care about emails.
I don't get it.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
March 10th, 2016 at 3:51:26 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Trump's not racist.

I'm reminded of a white supremacist website I checked out when it was in the news some years ago. In their FAQ, one of the questions was, "Are you racist?", and the answer was something like, "No, not at all! We just believe that all races should be segregated for the purposes of ethnic purity. But we're not racist or anything."

I'm paraphrasing, but that was essentially the gist of it.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 10th, 2016 at 5:13:17 PM permalink
Trump may not be racist or sexist, but he sure makes a disproportionate amount of racist and sexist comments. using deductive reasoning, one would logically conclude that...

He's done an amazing job appealing to angry white men. Time shall tell, but IMO he's unelectable due to having done too much damage to get enough of the Latino vote to win. The current betting odds would seem to agree.
  • Jump to: