Thread Rating:

miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
July 23rd, 2015 at 9:48:32 AM permalink
Just a warning in case anyone is lazy like me. I logged out and used the log in with Facebook icon to log back in. It automatically used my face book pic as my icon here.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 62
July 23rd, 2015 at 9:50:50 AM permalink
Quote: miplet

Just a warning in case anyone is lazy like me. I logged out and used the log in with Facebook icon to log back in. It automatically used my face book pic as my icon here.

Just another reason for me to never use Facebook.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
July 23rd, 2015 at 9:54:44 AM permalink
checking out my avatar.......

Craps the way it is meant to be played.....
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 21
July 23rd, 2015 at 9:58:54 AM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

I have a problem reading the font - it is too thin, and many of the lines are less than a pixel wide and are being averaged to gray with the white background.

Good call. I thought it might just have been the resolution I am running, but I also find the standard font for the forum posts hard to read. What stands out for me in particular is that the horizontal stroke of the lower case "t" is completely missing. On my screen, t's look a lot like l's.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 89
July 23rd, 2015 at 10:12:12 AM permalink
I'm in the minority... but I do not like the new format. Maybe I'm just computer illiterate, but I can't even find the pm's.... I also can't find the 10 most recent threads that have new posts... I couldn't care less if there are avatars or not.... I guess in a week I'll be used to the new format and won't mind it....
nickolay411
nickolay411
  • Threads: 12
July 23rd, 2015 at 10:33:46 AM permalink
I think it looks nice. But there are some issues I see:

the "NEW, UPGRADED AND MOBILE FRIENDLY WOV" blue banner at the top with the graphic design of the strip is really too HUGE!!!

Taking up valuable screen real estate. Why do I have to scroll down almost a whole page length to be able to see the forum postings. aAgghhh. I hope its temporary I don't think we need to see that picture every time we are on the forum.

The forum section is also a bit squished in. I can see you are trying to make space for the adds on the right side side but I feel like the adds can go another 100+ pixels to the right.

Those things throw off the balance for me. Anyway. Congratulations!
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 121
July 23rd, 2015 at 10:47:58 AM permalink
As already said the banner ads etc... take up a whole page...followed by the first thing which is RECENT TOPICS which should stay...but the following three things...NEWEST MEMBERS, TOP POSTERS and BLOGS can they be moved down below out of the way. Just whats above takes a two page scroll to get past every time you load the home page.

Maybe its just me but I seem to be scrolling a whole lot more on this new improved site and reading less
miroslavlav
Administrator
miroslavlav
  • Threads: 2
July 23rd, 2015 at 10:49:42 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

Oh, and when I preview a reply, my reply shows as belonging to the user I am replying to, not me. It also has an unknown (to me anyway) picture of somebody as the avatar.

Hi Joeman,

this issue is fixed now
Joeman
Joeman
July 23rd, 2015 at 10:57:27 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I'm in the minority... but I do not like the new format.

I wouldn't be so sure about being in the minority, SP. I prefer the old format to the new. I am never a fan of change for change's sake. But I have a feeling that in this case, some updating had to be done.

I think (hope) that Zuga started this thread to make sure that all the features that established members depend on will still be present in the next current version. That's more than can be said about other developers whose software I use (*cough* Microsoft *cough*) that simply say, "Here's the new version. I don't care that you lost functionality that was vital to your productivity. You will like this new version better."

Hopefully, we will end up at a point where everybody is happy, and I can save my, "Why is the new version inferior to previous versions?" arguements for Windows 10! :P
Joeman
Joeman
July 23rd, 2015 at 11:02:39 AM permalink
It doesn't appear that the strike-through formatting is working. "s /s" format codes don't change the text.

• Jump to: