Thread Rating:

Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
  • Threads: 40
July 23rd, 2015 at 3:20:39 AM permalink
Hi guys,

just a heads up that we are soon to launch the redesigned WoV , which will be mobile friendly ( responsive ). It will have many new perks, including possibility to upload your own avatars, comment under news/articles and other reviews on the site etc.

The new site will be launched in the next 12-48hrs.

We are welcoming all suggestions, bug finds ( there will probably be a few ) etc upon the launch.

Heres the sneak peek of the new logo :

cheers
Zuga
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing "
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
July 23rd, 2015 at 3:28:20 AM permalink
Wow! That's great news, Zuga. Can't wait to see it! I may have some suggestions. If I do, I know that they will be appreciated and will not fall on deaf ears.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 134
July 23rd, 2015 at 4:21:28 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Wow! That's great news, Zuga. Can't wait to see it! I may have some suggestions. If I do, I know that they will be appreciated and will not fall on deaf ears.

As opposed to others who don't appreciate them and have deaf ears. That's just 1BB getting his digs in at the other admins on here in the style you are know for. Just skirting the rules and playing by what you see them as, hoping someone else breaks them so you can defend them. But also playing up to the next person you see as being in line up the food chain is Do-Gooder 101 and you are the prime student. I think someone (me?) stated this before as your next move.

And whatever you say next doesn't change the facts here as I and most others will see it. Face it, you make it far too easy, unless that is the plan and you enjoy feeling like the victim when the inevitable posts come admonishing you for questioning everything.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
July 23rd, 2015 at 4:32:05 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

As opposed to others who don't appreciate them and have deaf ears. That's just 1BB getting his digs in at the other admins on here in the style you are know for. Just skirting the rules and playing by what you see them as, hoping someone else breaks them so you can defend them. But also playing up to the next person you see as being in line up the food chain is Do-Gooder 101 and you are the prime student. I think someone (me?) stated this before as your next move.

And whatever you say next doesn't change the facts here as I and most others will see it. Face it, you make it far too easy, unless that is the plan and you enjoy feeling like the victim when the inevitable posts come admonishing you for questioning everything.

My goodness, Boz! It's not that I don't appreciate all the 'special' attention I receive from you but when did you become so cynical? It's a beautiful day. Stop and smell the roses, listen to the birds sing and count your blessings. Have a wonderful, stress free day!

Zuga started this thread to deliver his good news to the forum and I will not further sully it or participate in hijacking it. If you'd like to start a new thread about me feel free to do so. I wish aceofspades was here. I could use his advice.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
July 23rd, 2015 at 4:49:27 AM permalink
lets keep the jabs out of this topic. This topic will be dedicated to the new design, so lets try not to derail it.

cheers
Zuga
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 65
July 23rd, 2015 at 4:52:37 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Boz, chill out.
1BB makes a nice positive comment and you are all over his case. What is up with you?
Chill

Thanks Zuga, an avatar would be a fun upgrade :-) Looking forward to this.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 161
July 23rd, 2015 at 5:14:24 AM permalink

New logo? Looks great!

Mobile friendly? Uh, oh. I've seen too many "mobile friendly" sites that make me want to throw my iPhone out the window. And WoO is on that list. Fingers crossed that WoV doesn't become another site I hate...
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 66
July 23rd, 2015 at 5:36:22 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

New logo? Looks great!

Mobile friendly? Uh, oh. I've seen too many "mobile friendly" sites that make me want to throw my iPhone out the window. And WoO is on that list. Fingers crossed that WoV doesn't become another site I hate...

I am with you on that one. There are many times that I have to go searching for the little link that says take me to full version.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 134
July 23rd, 2015 at 5:41:23 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Boz, chill out.
1BB makes a nice positive comment and you are all over his case. What is up with you?
Chill

Thanks Zuga, an avatar would be a fun upgrade :-) Looking forward to this.

Going to take Zuga's direction to leave this to the topic....after this comment...but all one has to do is read the extra part 1BB added to see what he was getting at in his constant dips and questioning of the admins of this site.

And the avatar looks good.

Now I'm going outside to follow 1BB's advise before he gets an attorney after me. Because you know, he loves to push everything to gets others in trouble so he can defend them. Not sure why though?

Did I mention the avatar looks good? Great Job Zuga. I know you appreciate suggestions and do not ignore them.
Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
July 23rd, 2015 at 5:43:05 AM permalink
We are actually ahead of the schedule and about to launch soon. Stay tuned.

Please mind that no launch goes without any dramas, so please be patient and report any bugs or things out of ordinary .

cheers

• Jump to: