Thread Rating:

coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 121
July 23rd, 2015 at 7:16:38 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I don't like the nonsense on the right hand side.

Other than that, looks cool.

Try holding down CTRL and pressing the + sign key a few times see if that is any better ...it was for my eyes

Can the background be changed somehow from white to another color?
Zuga
Administrator
Zuga
  • Threads: 40
July 23rd, 2015 at 7:18:56 AM permalink
awesome feedbak so far guys, thanks! keep it coming :)

we are working on all these bugs

cheers
Zuga
"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing "
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 162
July 23rd, 2015 at 7:21:38 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Would be awesome to have a "View Recent Threads" link at the top somewhere. I hate navigating to /forums then having to click onto recent threads button.

Did the old version have that? I think not. For the record, I bookmarked it into my nav bar.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 63
July 23rd, 2015 at 7:21:42 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

One thing I noticed on the main page is that I no longer see a distinction between threads I have read and threads that have new content since I last read them. The unread thread titles used to be in bold, whereas the thread titles I have read were in standard typeface.

This made it easy to see which threads had new content at a glance. Is there any way to restore that functionality?

I second this
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
abacabb
abacabb
  • Threads: 11
July 23rd, 2015 at 7:28:14 AM permalink
The lack of highlighting/bold as others have mentioned is annoying, but also the shortened text length on recent threads (and other areas) is not good. As an example, before it might show "Hey guys where is the best strip food?" and now it is shorter and will show "Hey guys where".
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 162
July 23rd, 2015 at 7:29:51 AM permalink
Quote: coilman

Try holding down CTRL and pressing the + sign key a few times see if that is any better ...it was for my eyes

Can't change the size of anything for this site on iPhone. Can't for FaceBook either, but that uses a slightly bigger/darker font so it's ok.

Quote: coilman

Can the background be changed somehow from white to another color?

No complaint on the background, but I'd like the text slightly larger and/or darker.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 23rd, 2015 at 7:43:59 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

OK, I volunteer to be the 1st stick in the mud.
I don't like the new format.
Reminds me of 'New Coke'
Best of luck to you all, been fun.

I hate new things, too. But while I lost "my WoV", I can see that if I came to a sight and found it looking like this, I wouldn't be put off. In a week, I'll forget all about it.

I just need to search for the new admin functions. Thecesspit was having trouble getting the Leafs logo as his avatar, and asked me to help him. I just gotta plop that in there and everything will be kosher XD

Oh, speaking of avatars... If any of you (insult redacted) puts up a Pats logo, I will nuke you for five eternities and erase every stitch of posting you've ever made. I don't care if you're a universally respected admin or not. You're done.*

*not joking**

**just joking***

***but seriously.

Edit: See sig, just in case =p
It's a joke, people.

But seriously...
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 137
July 23rd, 2015 at 7:49:03 AM permalink
Quote: Zuga

DJTeddy here it is

Mine says "Boz & XDTRI;" and only has My Blog and Preferences under it as options.
cyrus
cyrus
  • Threads: 7
July 23rd, 2015 at 8:00:45 AM permalink
The Recent Threads section now has only 5 entries, used to be more than that.

From the homepage I have scroll past a bunch of header info (new members, most posts, etc) in order to see the sub forums. I guess that info was neat as a header if your eyes could skim past it, but I don't need to be forced to read it every time.

Too much scrolling required in general. Each sub forum's "most recent post" display (with avatar etc) occupies about a half-screen of vertical screen space on my phone. My index finger is going to fall off if I try to scroll down to the 20th sub forum.

I realize this is a balance against the old version which had small text that I would often have to zoom in to ensure my finger clicks the right link. But maybe a balance can be struck.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 79
July 23rd, 2015 at 8:19:11 AM permalink
This seems like a nice change! I'll have to start working on finding an avatar:-)

I really don't understand the "mobile friendly" thing at all. The previous version of the site scaled beautifully on my tablet and on my phone. This does not appear to me to be "better" in any appreciable way, at least (and only) relating to my mobile experience. I do definitely like the clean and subdued look of the new design overall.

Also, the "top threads" section is gone? That leaves me really digging for threads that are popular but not recent. Like when the Chip of the Day is dormant for more than a few hours, or when I want to go re-live the suspendathon that was the HB Challenge thread...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett

• Jump to: