MrPapagiorgio
MrPapagiorgio
  • Threads: 58
January 22nd, 2010 at 2:01:23 AM permalink
So I noticed a game on bodog that I have only played in practice thus far, as it seems like a carnival game with a high edge. It is called Mystic Shuffle Hi-Lo. It plays pretty much like the old Card Sharks TV game show, where you have a card with a value on it, and you have to guess if the next one is higher, lower, and in the case of this game, equal. If there is a greater chance that the number is higher, then it pays much more to pick lower, and vice versa. You keep playing until you cash out, or are wrong, in which case you lose all of your streak winnings. I checked wizardofodds for an analysis of the game, but did not see one. Is there one available, if not, are you planning on doing one Michael, or do any of you other math junkies have any break down of house edge, proper plays, etc?
So I says to him, I said "Get your own monkey!"
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 24th, 2010 at 9:45:25 PM permalink
I had to go to bodog to look at this. Quite simply, you guess the next number (higher, lower, tie) and you get a payout based on the next number. You accumulate a bonus on your profits if you guess the fifth card in a row correctly. You can take you payout at any time or let it ride. Cards are seemingly drawn at random so that you always have a 1 in 20 chance of picking the same number.

You get to choose your starting card by accepting the first card, second card, or third card that you reveal. For each correct choice you make, your bet is multiplied by the factor based on the card that you received. You can then choose to take the money or "let it ride" and guess on the next card.

Bodog's got the EV set to 96.93% on guessing higher on the 1 / lower on the 20, and 94.52% on all other guesses. If you make it to the fifth guess, it adds up the bonuses on the 1st four cards which, if random, adds an EV of 10.667% of the total profit (not the original bet).

I think the goal is to make it to the end of the 5th card and collect your bonus if possible. If I were to play this game, I would try to make it to the 5th card and collect the bonus then.

Beyond that, I don't have a detailed analysis that I can think of for this game yet.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
  • Jump to: