goldboyd
goldboyd
  • Threads: 1
December 26th, 2009 at 8:05:58 AM permalink
Wizard - Big fan of the site, hopefully you or someone else can help out with the answer to this question.

I know the center of the dice table isn't the smart place to play, but I usually find myself with a whirl/world (second question-why the two different terms?) bet on a come out. Instead of taking my money, I like to parlay it a few times hoping for a big hit. What's the probability of hitting 3, 4 or 5 numbers in a row that would generate a decent payoff (2,3,11,12) while considering the fact that a 7 doesn't actually interrupt this streak since it's just a push?

thanks in advance
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
December 26th, 2009 at 11:51:41 AM permalink
Quote: goldboyd

Wizard - Big fan of the site, hopefully you or someone else can help out with the answer to this question.

I know the center of the dice table isn't the smart place to play, but I usually find myself with a whirl/world (second question-why the two different terms?) bet on a come out. Instead of taking my money, I like to parlay it a few times hoping for a big hit. What's the probability of hitting 3, 4 or 5 numbers in a row that would generate a decent payoff (2,3,11,12) while considering the fact that a 7 doesn't actually interrupt this streak since it's just a push?

thanks in advance

There are 6 ways to get paid, 6 ways to push, an 24 ways to lose. Considering only rolls that result in a win or lose, you have a 1 in 5 shot on getting atleast one winner, 1 in 25 if you parlay once, 1 in 125 if you parlay twice, and 1 in 625 if you parlay thrice. (Yep, I got to use one of my favorite words in a sentence.)
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
  • Jump to: