DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 8987
September 23rd, 2022 at 4:13:32 AM permalink
Quote: VladPutin


You accept SD/DD blackjack for your betting system challenge? If so I might take you on after some research.



I might accept that bet with the caveat that I will be reshuffling after every hand.
Order from chaos
teliot
teliot
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 42
  • Posts: 2391
Thanks for this post from:
MichaelBluejay
September 23rd, 2022 at 7:27:32 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

No, and since you failed the reading comprehension test, now I'm blocking you.

I just blocked them too. Life is too short to engage with people who want to argue that the Earth is flat
Climate Casino: https://climatecasino.net/climate-casino/
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 5502
September 23rd, 2022 at 7:47:02 AM permalink
Quote: VladPutin

Sounds like you reject blackjack because you're afraid of real math. You're specifically picking games with high HE to make it impossible for betting systems to beat the house edge.

And then you claim betting systems are "completely useless".

You, sir, have just committed a "bait and switch".

The fact that betting systems can not overcome your high HE games is not equivalent to "completely useless" and "makes no difference", iirc those are your own words. The bait and switch here is you're trying to claim they "makes no difference" because they can't over come your high HE games. But that's not what "makes no difference" actually means. It means it does not change the EV.

And that is where you're wrong.

That's why you only take high HE games in your challenge, because you're scared of real math.

If the HE is thin enough, a dent from the betting system can actually turn the EV positive.

According to CBJN, MGM has a 0.19% HE double deck, Paris 0.26% 6D, Aria 0.19% DD, Bellagio 0.20% DD, Caesars 0.26 6D etc etc.

All with thin edges that can be beaten without card counting, merely on the results of previous hands.

TLDR you're a coward hiding behind high house edge games with your challenge while using the fact nobody took your challenge to claim a logical fallacy.
link to original post


Pardon me for asking, but are you willing to describe your SD/DD blackjack "system" in some detail?
If you are, then it can be simulated.
If you aren't, then how does anyone tell the difference between "just using the system" and card counting?

Quote: camapl

Am I the only one who learned PASCAL?
link to original post


No - that was the standard language at UC-Berkeley in my day (early 1980s) for everything in the non-engineering Computer Science degree except assembly language programming (of course) and operating systems (which used C). This includes having to write a compiler in Pascal.
aceside
aceside
Joined: May 14, 2021
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 164
September 23rd, 2022 at 8:05:46 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy


Pardon me for asking, but are you willing to describe your SD/DD blackjack "system" in some detail?
If you are, then it can be simulated.
If you aren't, then how does anyone tell the difference between "just using the system" and card counting?

Quote: camapl

Am I the only one who learned PASCAL?
link to original post


No - that was the standard language at UC-Berkeley in my day (early 1980s) for everything in the non-engineering Computer Science degree except assembly language programming (of course) and operating systems (which used C). This includes having to write a compiler in Pascal.
link to original post


When people talk about a betting system, they assume Martingale, but that is not all. I developed a betting system based on blackjack card counting, but cannot test it. Here it is:

Consider a 2-deck blackjack shoe game. We play simultaneously two-hand when the HiLo true count (TC) is greater than +1. Otherwise, we play one-hand. We flat bet all the way on each hand. Can you help simulate my system?
Last edited by: aceside on Sep 23, 2022
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 3703
September 23rd, 2022 at 9:18:36 AM permalink
Quote: teliot

Quote: MichaelBluejay

No, and since you failed the reading comprehension test, now I'm blocking you.

I just blocked them too. Life is too short to engage with people who want to argue that the Earth is flat
link to original post



To be fair, he was arguing for a simplistic version of “counting” based on whether previous hands were won or lost in blackjack.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1315
September 23rd, 2022 at 10:11:15 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

To be fair, he was arguing for a simplistic version of “counting” based on whether previous hands were won or lost in blackjack.
link to original post

Maybe, but my Challenge page states:

(1) Games are roulette, craps, or baccarat (i.e., not blackjack)
(2) Challenge available only to system sellers
(3) Counting systems are disallowed
(4) Possibly more things that he missed would be revealed by his subsequent posts, which I didn't read

This is one reason the Wizard stopped offering his own challenge. People can't even read the damn rules.
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 3703
September 23rd, 2022 at 10:16:18 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

Quote: unJon

To be fair, he was arguing for a simplistic version of “counting” based on whether previous hands were won or lost in blackjack.
link to original post

Maybe, but my Challenge page states:

(1) Games are roulette, craps, or baccarat (i.e., not blackjack)
(2) Challenge available only to system sellers
(3) Counting systems are disallowed
(4) Possibly more things that he missed would be revealed by his subsequent posts, which I didn't read

This is one reason the Wizard stopped offering his own challenge. People can't even read the damn rules.
link to original post



Yeah I’m not arguing with you. Was just reacting to I’m being characterized that the earth is flat.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1315
September 23rd, 2022 at 10:22:28 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Yeah I’m not arguing with you. Was just reacting to [him] being characterized that the earth is flat.
link to original post

Got it. But actually, I wouldn't put it past him.
IWannaBeAP
IWannaBeAP
Joined: Aug 22, 2022
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 33
Thanks for this post from:
MichaelBluejay
September 23rd, 2022 at 11:17:44 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

Quote: unJon

To be fair, he was arguing for a simplistic version of “counting” based on whether previous hands were won or lost in blackjack.
link to original post

Maybe, but my Challenge page states:


(4) Possibly more things that he missed would be revealed by his subsequent posts, which I didn't read


link to original post



He basically just said you were "hiding behind" high house edge games and not willing to take on low house edge games where the system can dent the EV. He was proposing blackjack games with ~0.2% House edge. He also called you the "C word" lol
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 1315
September 23rd, 2022 at 11:28:23 AM permalink
Quote: IWannaBeAP

He basically just said you were "hiding behind" high house edge games and not willing to take on low house edge games where the system can dent the EV. He was proposing blackjack games with ~0.2% House edge. He also called you the "C word" lol
link to original post

I don't accept blackjack because:

(1) Blackjack can be beaten, with card-counting. (The rules disallow card-counting, but as we've seen, people don't read the rules.)
(2) Coding and debugging takes 20x longer than roulette, craps, or baccarat.

Also, the challenge terms state that the game will use *common* Vegas rules. -0.2% BJ games are pretty rare, I'd call that *exceptional* Vegas rules, not *common* Vegas rules.

Calling someone a c**t seems worthy of suspension, but whatever, I've just blocked him.

  • Jump to: