seven
seven
Joined: Oct 1, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 151
March 10th, 2021 at 11:54:02 PM permalink
hello all

there is a crypto lottery with following rules and I would like to know the chances to hit 4 numbers? Thank you in advance and stay safe and healthy

link to see the full rules is https://docs.pancakeswap.finance/lottery-1

FAQ link is https://docs.pancakeswap.finance/lottery-faq

Paying for one ticket will give users a random 4 digit combination with each digit being between 1-14, for e.g. 1-9-3-2

To win the lottery jackpot (50% of the entire lottery pool), users need to match all 4 numbers on their tickets in the same position as the 4 winning numbers.

from the FAQ
Are all ticket numbers unique?
There are a total of 38,416 different ticket combinations. This may be adjusted later based on the number of participants.
Ticket numbers are given out randomly. As such, there is a small chance that a user receives the same 4 digits in two tickets held.

cheers
seven
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 5131
March 11th, 2021 at 2:32:32 AM permalink
Quote: seven

hello all

there is a crypto lottery with following rules and I would like to know the chances to hit 4 numbers? Thank you in advance and stay safe and healthy

link to see the full rules is https://docs.pancakeswap.finance/lottery-1

FAQ link is https://docs.pancakeswap.finance/lottery-faq

Oh WOW!. Just WOW at the totally unregulated, risky as Hal crypto product.
Can't help you with the rules. Wouldn't touch this with a barge pole.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
seven
seven
Joined: Oct 1, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 151
March 11th, 2021 at 2:59:57 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Oh WOW!. Just WOW at the totally unregulated, risky as Hal crypto product.
Can't help you with the rules. Wouldn't touch this with a barge pole.



Fair enough thx and for trying but I just wanted to know the chances to win and get those 4 numbers out of 14
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 4744
March 11th, 2021 at 7:40:03 AM permalink
Something about this doesn't pass the smell test. It says that your four numbers are each from 1 to 14, but it also says that the method used to draw numbers only draws numbers from 1 to 10.

Since all generated tickets are random, the chance of winning a share of the jackpot with 1 ticket is 1/38,416.
seven
seven
Joined: Oct 1, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 151
March 11th, 2021 at 8:49:16 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Something about this doesn't pass the smell test. It says that your four numbers are each from 1 to 14, but it also says that the method used to draw numbers only draws numbers from 1 to 10.

Since all generated tickets are random, the chance of winning a share of the jackpot with 1 ticket is 1/38,416.



thanks for taking the time to answer

I looked again but could not find where it says that only numbers from 1-10 are drawn

regarding the 1/38,416 it looks that I was confused by
Match all 4 numbers in the exact order

cheers
seven
heatmap
heatmap 
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 1427
Thanks for this post from:
seven
March 11th, 2021 at 9:58:53 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy


Since all generated tickets are random, the chance of winning a share of the jackpot with 1 ticket is 1/38,416.



dont forget they also say that number can be increased at will

from the FAQ page

Quote:

Are all ticket numbers unique?
There are a total of 38,416 different ticket combinations. This may be adjusted later based on the number of participants.



another thing - this is like a 12 year old who was bored and decided to make a lottery and was like "Wow i really like pancakes and lottery AND BUNNYS"
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 4744
Thanks for this post from:
seven
March 11th, 2021 at 10:36:44 AM permalink
Quote: seven

thanks for taking the time to answer

I looked again but could not find where it says that only numbers from 1-10 are drawn

regarding the 1/38,416 it looks that I was confused by
Match all 4 numbers in the exact order

cheers
seven


From the main page, under "How are ticket numbers drawn?":
The 1st lottery number will be determined based on the %10 remainder of a hash encoded by the blockhash and the number of participating users at the entry deadline.
A "%10 remainder" means that the hash is divided by 10 and the remainder used. Okay, technically this is 0-9, but I assume 1 is then added to it.

However, I did look at the lottery page, and the list of recently drawn numbers are all in the 1-14 range.
The probability of winning is 1 / 38,416.
This is because the same number can be drawn two or more times. Go here to see recent draws, and there should be some with repeated numbers. Each position has a 1/14 chance of being matched. "Exact order" just means that if your numbers are, for example, 9, 2, 14, and 14, then you don't win if the drawn numbers in order are 14, 9, 2, 14.
seven
seven
Joined: Oct 1, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 151
March 11th, 2021 at 7:59:33 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

From the main page, under "How are ticket numbers drawn?":
The 1st lottery number will be determined based on the %10 remainder of a hash encoded by the blockhash and the number of participating users at the entry deadline.
A "%10 remainder" means that the hash is divided by 10 and the remainder used. Okay, technically this is 0-9, but I assume 1 is then added to it.

However, I did look at the lottery page, and the list of recently drawn numbers are all in the 1-14 range.
The probability of winning is 1 / 38,416.
This is because the same number can be drawn two or more times. Go here to see recent draws, and there should be some with repeated numbers. Each position has a 1/14 chance of being matched. "Exact order" just means that if your numbers are, for example, 9, 2, 14, and 14, then you don't win if the drawn numbers in order are 14, 9, 2, 14.



yes the same number can be drawn 2 or more times and I also saw the draw history and always in 1-14 range

this is the new kind of lottery as it is combined with new crypto coins to attract users/buyers

thanks to all again to try to shed some light

cheers
seven
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 5131
Thanks for this post from:
seven
March 12th, 2021 at 1:30:41 AM permalink
Quote: seven


this is the new kind of lottery as it is combined with new crypto coins to attract users/buyers

thanks to all again to try to shed some light

cheers
seven


Hi Seven,

Just IMHO.
I realise that crypto currencies are controversial in their merits, with some saying it's all just some kind of Ponzi scheme or bubble, and others saying it's the solid future of currency, but this is one crypto that is hard to take seriously on any level. It ranks as something like #51 in terms of capitalisation. The website does not seem to show 'privacy policy'/ 'about us' sections and the 'lottery' they run seems a total regulatory joke. Nothing about it screams 'Trust me', especially the rules.

Looks like a fun way to give your valuable crypto away.

If you need to purchase 'stake' coins with more valuable fiat or crypto-currency, then expect your funds to take a one-way trip.

Caveat Emptor.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
seven
seven
Joined: Oct 1, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 151
March 12th, 2021 at 1:43:55 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Hi Seven,

Just IMHO.
I realise that crypto currencies are controversial in their merits, with some saying it's all just some kind of Ponzi scheme or bubble, and others saying it's the solid future of currency, but this is one crypto that is hard to take seriously on any level. It ranks as something like #51 in terms of capitalisation. The website does not seem to show 'privacy policy'/ 'about us' sections and the 'lottery' they run seems a total regulatory joke. Nothing about it screams 'Trust me', especially the rules.

Looks like a fun way to give your valuable crypto away.

If you need to purchase 'stake' coins with more valuable fiat or crypto-currency, then expect your funds to take a one-way trip.

Caveat Emptor.



hi OnceDear

I fully agree with you and thanks for giving your opinion. very important that everyone will do his DD as there are good ones and bad ones out there. Bitcoin is a good example as it was for many years called a ponzi/scam and take a look now where it is.

I am looking at every new idea in connection with lottery and cryptos. to be frank I would like to open a crypto lottery and this is the reason that I check out every new crypto lottery. I have an idea and try to learn.

cheers
seven

  • Jump to: