ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
October 4th, 2017 at 6:17:59 PM permalink
Considering the chaos that I think just might happen, I think that, in light of the shooting, this is not a smart thing for McDonald's to do in Vegas.

Anyway, this Saturday, October 7, at 2 PM, at the McDonald's just south of Slots A Fun and (this is the one I am worried about) the one on the edge of UNLV, on Maryland just north of Tropicana, as part of its rollout of "buttermilk chicken tenders", one of the sauces available will be...Szechuan Sauce, recently made famous by the season 3 premiere of Rick and Morty. The problem is, they will be in very limited supply, so pretty much every real fan of the show in the Vegas area (and I expect there are a lot of them at UNLV; in fact, McDonald's is targeting locations near universities nationwide), or anybody who realizes there's almost certainly a quick profit to be made on eBay with these, will want to get their hands on it.

Two other problems I can see:
First, these are the only two McDonald's in the Vegas area that will have the sauce; hopefully, there will not be any problems at any other location where somebody demands the sauce and is told that they don't have it there.
Second, the locations have been told, "No Szechuan Sauce with drive-thru orders," so I can see an incident with someone in a car escalating quickly.

Hopefully, I'm just being paranoid and there won't be Rick and Morty fans running amok...no, I'm only kidding myself, aren't I?
On a brighter note, maybe the next McNugget Challenge can be replaced with a Buttermilk Tender Challenge?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
October 4th, 2017 at 6:48:28 PM permalink
The “re-release” of Szechuan sauce is so grossly limited that McDonalds should be truly ashamed. We’re talking like 300 restaurants for 1 hour on 1 day. Absolutely absurd. Someone needs to lose their job over this.

On a more positive note, the new “Signature Sauce” they released with the Buttermilk Chicken Tenders (aka the Chicken Selects they discontinued a few years ago, you aren’t fooling me, Ronald) is pretty good. It’s sort of a creamy BBQ sauce. The closest thing I could compare it to, I think, is BBQ sauce mixed with the Bloomin Onion sauce at Outback Steakhouse.

If anyone couldn’t tell from this post, I’m a fatass.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
October 8th, 2017 at 7:50:56 AM permalink
It was a really smart idea.

It was implemented in the most dumb-ass way possible. I agree that whoever approved this cf should be fired. And whoever his boss is too, just to be safe.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/oct/08/police-called-after-mcdonalds-rick-and-morty-promotion-heats-up?CMP=fb_gu
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
October 8th, 2017 at 8:26:41 AM permalink
There's some videos on youtube of a McDonald's in LA where there was a riot and people started jumping the counter to steal sauce before they ran out.
  • Jump to: