No votes (0%)

23 members have voted

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 171
Thanks for this post from:
heatmapRS
June 4th, 2018 at 7:47:42 PM permalink
Playing one on one, I've been known to call out push when it turns out the dealers four or five card hand beats out my four card hand by one.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
June 4th, 2018 at 7:57:38 PM permalink
Quote: Jerm882000

Is it okay to have non-gaming conversations between dealer and player?

I enjoy talking to and interacting with pit critters.

One time at M a dealer asked me about the Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Phase de lune watch I was wearing; that led to a very interesting conversation about the pros and cons of various makes of Swiss watches.

Don't for a minute think a dealer is a dummy just because some yahoo tells him to "Dummy up and deal."

Dealers are an accessible form of info and entertainment.
"What, me worry?"
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 161
June 4th, 2018 at 8:36:41 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

One time at M a dealer asked me about the Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Phase de lune watch I was wearing; that led to a very interesting conversation about the pros and cons of various makes of Swiss watches.

Don't for a minute think a dealer is a dummy just because some yahoo tells him to "Dummy up and deal."

Sadly, alot of the pit managers and dealers know me by name
GlenG
GlenG
  • Threads: 11
June 4th, 2018 at 10:29:53 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

It's why I love dealing in Vegas compared to a local joint. Lots of different people to talk to from all over the world rather than the same ones every single day
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 5th, 2018 at 12:37:16 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

funny story, i like to say "ill take even money" whenever the dealer has a ten or above when I have what i *think* is a winning hand... so anything hard 17 or above

I would never joke about the amount of a bet, whether you are in or out of a came, whether you want another card or not, etc. If at a baccarat table, don't talk about the dealer's tie or the teller at a bank. If at a roulette table don't talk about a movie entitled red and black.

Keep your conversation entertaining but not confusing. "I'll take Even Money" is not a joke, its a decision that you've announced. Dealers react.

Can you imagine a poker player saying "I'm all in" when he meant that he was tired?
GlenG
GlenG
  • Threads: 11
June 5th, 2018 at 1:03:58 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Keep your conversation entertaining but not confusing. "I'll take Even Money" is not a joke, its a decision that you've announced. Dealers react.

The joke is really only told when dealer has an Ace up and player has anything other than a Blackjack. I ignore it, but it will always bring a chuckle from someone on the table (usually the player saying it)
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
June 5th, 2018 at 4:20:39 AM permalink
Quote: GlenG

The joke is really only told when dealer has an Ace up and player has anything other than a Blackjack. I ignore it, but it will always bring a chuckle from someone on the table (usually the player saying it)

I try not to make any comments about the game to the dealer at all, because the dealer has heard it thousands of times. I enjoy talking to dealers (sometimes). It'll be sad when everything goes to electronic.

• Jump to: