Ace2
Ace2 
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 1685
Thanks for this post from:
unJon
June 23rd, 2022 at 7:13:42 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: Ace2

Not at all related to gambler's fallacy.

Good point on crapless craps though. This would be the game where casinos would have most incentive to use unfair dice since there is no Don't Pass line. But it would still be exploitable via lay bets.
link to original post



There are lay bets in crapless craps????
link to original post

A brief search online leads me to believe that most casinos don’t offer lay bets in CC but a few do. Next time in Vegas I’ll try it at a few casinos. Probably just the few casinos using fair dice 😆
It’s all about making that GTA
Ace2
Ace2 
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 1685
June 23rd, 2022 at 7:19:15 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

This is just a preview click the link to take your red pill


http://dicecollector.com/docs/diceinfo_hc_evans_catalog_1949.pdf

your welcome

and more of their catlogs

http://dicecollector.com/docs/diceinfo_hc_evans_1909.pdf
link to original post

Description of first set of dice:

“These dice make the points 6,8,9,10 and 11 and will show oftener…”
It’s all about making that GTA
heatmap
heatmap 
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 1760
June 23rd, 2022 at 7:24:28 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

Quote: heatmap

This is just a preview click the link to take your red pill


http://dicecollector.com/docs/diceinfo_hc_evans_catalog_1949.pdf

your welcome

and more of their catlogs

http://dicecollector.com/docs/diceinfo_hc_evans_1909.pdf
link to original post

Description of first set of dice:

“These dice make the points 6,8,9,10 and 11 and will show oftener…”
link to original post



they had electrically conductive plastic dice back then too look at the entire book
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5028
June 24th, 2022 at 3:18:13 AM permalink
Quote: Ace2

Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: Ace2

Not at all related to gambler's fallacy.

Good point on crapless craps though. This would be the game where casinos would have most incentive to use unfair dice since there is no Don't Pass line. But it would still be exploitable via lay bets.
link to original post



There are lay bets in crapless craps????
link to original post

A brief search online leads me to believe that most casinos don’t offer lay bets in CC but a few do. Next time in Vegas I’ll try it at a few casinos. Probably just the few casinos using fair dice 😆
link to original post



Be sure you let us know which casino offers lay bets on crapless craps.
Ace2
Ace2 
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 1685
June 24th, 2022 at 3:01:08 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson


Be sure you let us know which casino offers lay bets on crapless craps.
link to original post

Just curious: What is the allure of laying the 2 or 12? It's very low variance and you're laying 6 to 1.

I like medium variance and don't like laying more than 2 to 1.
It’s all about making that GTA
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2951
June 24th, 2022 at 4:04:36 PM permalink
Go for laying the 11! $75 to win $24 vig on win or go f*** yourself!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
AitchTheLetter
AitchTheLetter
Joined: May 28, 2022
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 6
June 24th, 2022 at 4:12:11 PM permalink
To be honest the whole dice catalog smells like snake oil.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5028
June 24th, 2022 at 5:50:44 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

Quote: AlanMendelson


Be sure you let us know which casino offers lay bets on crapless craps.
link to original post

Just curious: What is the allure of laying the 2 or 12? It's very low variance and you're laying 6 to 1.

I like medium variance and don't like laying more than 2 to 1.
link to original post



You found a casino that allows lay bets at crapless craps? Or you're just making up numbers?
heatmap
heatmap 
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 206
  • Posts: 1760
June 24th, 2022 at 6:36:27 PM permalink
Quote: AitchTheLetter

To be honest the whole dice catalog smells like snake oil.
link to original post



its been scanned and turned into a pdf they are very old the company existed in the 50s and you can bet they were real and everything in that catalog did what it said it does
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 11
  • Posts: 3212
June 24th, 2022 at 7:19:19 PM permalink
I believe we saw the HC Evans name on a dice themed gambling wheel a month or so ago.
I think I also recall their name coming up in a documentary I watched a while back about antique gambling devices (a prohibition era roulette wheel with a hidden solenoid pin actuated by touching a certain screw on the table which connected the batteries hidden in a hollow table leg).
May the cards fall in your favor.

  • Jump to: