ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
July 31st, 2019 at 10:38:03 AM permalink
Survival of the species vs survival of the individual. In general humans value the tribe over the individual or we wouldn't sacrifice individuals for the sake of the nation or tribe in war, some voluntarily and some by conscription - And remember Jesus died for our sins!
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 31st, 2019 at 12:28:11 PM permalink
Quote: ncfatcat

remember Jesus died for our sins!

M'kay
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 208
July 31st, 2019 at 12:59:07 PM permalink
Natural selection refers to passing on your DNA. Dying is insignificant, unless a being dies before having reproduced.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
July 31st, 2019 at 1:11:02 PM permalink

And remember Jesus died for our sins!

But he came back to life.....
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 13
July 31st, 2019 at 2:15:30 PM permalink

Survival of the species vs survival of the individual. In general humans value the tribe over the individual or we wouldn't sacrifice individuals for the sake of the nation or tribe in war, some voluntarily and some by conscription - And remember Jesus died for our sins!

Jesus was only half human. He died for your sins, so that I may live for mine
kubikulann
kubikulann
  • Threads: 27
August 2nd, 2019 at 3:19:33 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

Jesus was only half human.

That is typical heresy. In other times, you would be burned on the stake just for saying that! 😄
Thank God’s death for us living in more enlightened times!

But more to the point. Do you mean that if only half human, then it’s ok to give its life to save humans?
(I know that was the mentality of English and Spanish colonial ancestors when handling Natives and African slaves.)

Read ‘’Zoo - the philanthropic assassin’’ by Vercors. About the discovery of a species between humans and apes, and the dire consequences of defining them human or not.
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
kubikulann
kubikulann
  • Threads: 27
August 2nd, 2019 at 3:30:24 AM permalink

Survival of the species vs survival of the individual. In general humans value the tribe over the individual !

Darwinian selection (the selfish gene) favours saving the one whose genes are closest to yours. Mother sacrifices, scapegoats and the like.

But in the original question, it is a robot who must decide. It has no genes.
Reperiet qui quaesiverit

• Jump to: