FinsRule
FinsRule
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
  • Threads: 119
  • Posts: 3667
April 25th, 2019 at 9:06:39 AM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

From your monosyllabic answer, I assume that there are nuances you'd rather not elaborate on. Can I assume that sports APs don't worry about being exposed because there are ways to get their bets down by proxy?



Yeah, I wasnít trying to be rude.

Some sports ap rely on being discrete.

From what Iíve gathered, James finds advantages without needing that.
EdCollins
EdCollins 
Joined: Oct 21, 2011
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1242
April 25th, 2019 at 9:11:50 AM permalink
Jeopardy is not scheduled to air until 9:00 pm tonight and tomorrow where I live (Southern California), which is two hours later than normal. (ABC's coverage of the NFL Draft will preempt it.)
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14227
April 25th, 2019 at 9:17:40 AM permalink
Quote: EdCollins

Jeopardy is not scheduled to air until 9:00 pm tonight and tomorrow where I live (Southern California), which is two hours later than normal. (ABC's coverage of the NFL Draft will preempt it.)



East Coast, it's on in the 7:00-8:00 hr tonight (normal), but Friday is being shown at 11:30 pm SATURDAY. Yeesh.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 5397
April 25th, 2019 at 9:31:51 AM permalink
Has anyone spoiled themselves on whether or not James lasts the rest of the season?

IíM NOT ASKING FOR THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION

Just curious if anyone has looked it up. They film a couple months in advance in front of a live audience, so that info has gotta be out there.
Eater of Worlds
EdCollins
EdCollins 
Joined: Oct 21, 2011
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 1242
April 25th, 2019 at 9:40:45 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Has anyone spoiled themselves on whether or not James lasts the rest of the season?

IíM NOT ASKING FOR THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION

Just curious if anyone has looked it up. They film a couple months in advance in front of a live audience, so that info has gotta be out there.

No, and I don't want to know. I hope I don't hear about it or read about what happened ahead of time. I'd much rather watch the results on TV.

When Ken Jennings finally lost, after 74 episodes, that episode was a surprise to me. I certainly hope that's the case again.
JimRockford
JimRockford
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 534
April 25th, 2019 at 10:00:33 AM permalink
I thought it was weird that Alex asked him if he would share his winnings with his parents. I'm sure they work out the conversation in advance but it struck me as rude.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." - Isaac Newton
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
April 25th, 2019 at 11:57:19 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I dont think he really needs to worry about that after this run.



Not only will he be set with the money he has won from Jeopardy, I'm sure that the books will still take his action. In addition, it is highly likely that he will get many proposals to work in the industry in some capacity with an enticing salary n bonus structure.

He can do whatever he wants. He has gotten a lot of positive exposure and street cred from Jeopardy, so he could start his own business in the gaming sector sell to the masses.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 105
  • Posts: 1636
April 25th, 2019 at 11:58:37 AM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

I thought it was weird that Alex asked him if he would share his winnings with his parents. I'm sure they work out the conversation in advance but it struck me as rude.



I thought that question was awkward as well. I thought maybe there was a backstory to him coming from humble beginnings or financially challenged upbringing, which would prompt Alex to ask that question.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3328
April 25th, 2019 at 12:08:24 PM permalink
I don't mean this derogatorily, but perhaps Alex is starting to suffer from Chemo brain. It really disrupts a persons cognitive functioning.
RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
April 25th, 2019 at 1:20:14 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I don't mean this derogatorily, but perhaps Alex is starting to suffer from Chemo brain. It really disrupts a persons cognitive functioning.



I've seen other moments where the questions seemed uncomfortable over the years. Perhaps there was not a good enough understanding of the expected question and answer.

  • Jump to: