gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
June 14th, 2016 at 10:27:55 PM permalink
Now a 2yo boy was eaten by an alligator at Disney World. Rough week for Orlando.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
June 14th, 2016 at 10:45:02 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Now a 2yo boy was eaten by an alligator at Disney World. Rough week for Orlando.

Although alligators are a natural hazard around Florida canals and lakes, one in the park could pose a big lawsuit if they didn't have some signage up around that area with warnings.

You don't generally expect your kids to be eaten by large reptiles while in the park.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
BJ4me
BJ4me
  • Threads: 1
June 15th, 2016 at 1:19:26 AM permalink

The boy was drug into the water at The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa lake / lagoon which is a resort OWNED by Disney . The event did not occur AT Disney World
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
June 15th, 2016 at 7:08:25 AM permalink
Quote: BJ4me

The boy was drug into the water at The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa lake / lagoon which is a resort OWNED by Disney . The event did not occur AT Disney World

I consider all the Disney Hotels inclusive of Walt Disney World, but that's just semantics.

Apparently Disney was doing one of their nighttime beach movie screenings when this happened. Hard to place blame on anyone, but I am sure Disney will settle with the family and put in place more rigorous policies and signage when it comes to gators.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 15th, 2016 at 7:15:12 AM permalink

I consider all the Disney Hotels inclusive of Walt Disney World, but that's just semantics.

Apparently Disney was doing one of their nighttime beach movie screenings when this happened. Hard to place blame on anyone, but I am sure Disney will settle with the family and put in place more rigorous policies and signage when it comes to gators.

Apparently the boy was wading in about a foot of water when it happened. Both parents were nearby. His dad tried to wrestle to boy from the gator's mouth but was unsuccessful (they have a vice-like grip).

Just awful. I can't imagine how horrifying that must have been.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
June 15th, 2016 at 7:33:10 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Apparently the boy was wading in about a foot of water when it happened. Both parents were nearby. His dad tried to wrestle to boy from the gator's mouth but was unsuccessful (they have a vice-like grip).

Just awful. I can't imagine how horrifying that must have been.

It's pretty terrible. The boy 100% shouldn't been allowed in the water, but it's really hard to blame the parents in this situation. There are no swimming signs on those lake beaches, but I think most people not familiar with the area think it's a bacteria health type warning, not a being eaten alive warning. I've seen people ankle deep in the water all the time. People from Florida are generally pretty aware that when you have a freshwater lake, there's going to be gators. I bet there's going to be some very large and specific signage after all of this.
sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
June 15th, 2016 at 8:20:42 AM permalink

And there goes the thread again.
We were already going off the path, and this is totally not related. At least our other comments were about human violence.
  • Jump to: