Thread Rating:

Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 1660
January 1st, 2020 at 10:27:41 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

My Blue Heaven

The only way I know this is, I remember Loretta Swit singing it on an episode of M*A*S*H


Ding! Ding! Winner!!

"My Blue Heaven" was #1 for thirteen weeks and sold over 5 million copies.



And the M*A*S*H version...


-----------------------------

And now, in the category "50's Hits", name that song...

I laughed at love 'cause I thought it was funny
But you came along and you moved me honey
I've changed my mind
This love is fine
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 3798
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
January 2nd, 2020 at 2:46:39 AM permalink
goodness, gracious, great balls of fire!
NO KILL I
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 3798
January 2nd, 2020 at 2:49:38 AM permalink
Since no one knows any of the lyrics I post when I think they are easy, here is one that is probably impossible.


fast and bulbous
(Hey, do it again) I love that, I love those words
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous
Bulbous, also tapered (yeah but you gotta wait until I say it)
Also, a tin teardrop (oh, christ)
(Again, beginning)
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous, also a tin teardrop
Bulbous, also tapered, that's right
NO KILL I
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 1660
January 2nd, 2020 at 2:17:31 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

goodness, gracious, great balls of fire!


Goodness gracious, we have a winner!!

Rolling Stone magazine ranks this classic as one of the top 100 rock songs of all time.


-------------------------------

High difficulty song in play...

Quote: Mosca

Since no one knows any of the lyrics I post when I think they are easy, here is one that is probably impossible.


fast and bulbous
(Hey, do it again) I love that, I love those words
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous
Bulbous, also tapered (yeah but you gotta wait until I say it)
Also, a tin teardrop (oh, christ)
(Again, beginning)
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous, also a tin teardrop
Bulbous, also tapered, that's right


-------------------------------

And now, in the category "Broadway/Film", name that song...

The famous places to visit are so many
Or so the guidebooks say
I told my grandpa I wouldn't miss on any
And we got just one day
Got to see the whole town
Right from Yonkers on down to the Bay
In just one day
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 3798
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
January 2nd, 2020 at 2:56:50 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Quote: Mosca

goodness, gracious, great balls of fire!


Goodness gracious, we have a winner!!

Rolling Stone magazine ranks this classic as one of the top 100 rock songs of all time.


-------------------------------

High difficulty song in play...

Quote: Mosca

Since no one knows any of the lyrics I post when I think they are easy, here is one that is probably impossible.


fast and bulbous
(Hey, do it again) I love that, I love those words
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous
Bulbous, also tapered (yeah but you gotta wait until I say it)
Also, a tin teardrop (oh, christ)
(Again, beginning)
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous, also a tin teardrop
Bulbous, also tapered, that's right


-------------------------------

And now, in the category "Broadway/Film", name that song...

The famous places to visit are so many
Or so the guidebooks say
I told my grandpa I wouldn't miss on any
And we got just one day
Got to see the whole town
Right from Yonkers on down to the Bay
In just one day



Is it from “On the Town”? I don’t know the name of it. Might it be a same namer?
NO KILL I
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 1660
January 2nd, 2020 at 4:22:49 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Is it from “On the Town”? I don’t know the name of it. Might it be a same namer?


Ding ding! Ding ding! It's a helluva win!!

Yes that's "New York, New York" from "On the Town" not to be confused with "New York, New York" of start spreading the news fame. The expression "helluva" is often replaced by "wonderful" despite the fact that the song is sung by sailors and "helluva" is (these days) the chump change of swear words.


-------------------------------

High difficulty song in play...

Quote: Mosca

Since no one knows any of the lyrics I post when I think they are easy, here is one that is probably impossible.


fast and bulbous
(Hey, do it again) I love that, I love those words
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous
Bulbous, also tapered (yeah but you gotta wait until I say it)
Also, a tin teardrop (oh, christ)
(Again, beginning)
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous, also a tin teardrop
Bulbous, also tapered, that's right


-------------------------------

And now, in the category "Classic TV", name that song...

Now we're up in the big leagues
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby
There ain't nothin' wrong with that.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 3798
January 2nd, 2020 at 5:54:42 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Ding ding! Ding ding! It's a helluva win!!

Yes that's "New York, New York" from "On the Town" not to be confused with "New York, New York" of start spreading the news fame. The expression "helluva" is often replaced by "wonderful" despite the fact that the song is sung by sailors and "helluva" is (these days) the chump change of swear words.


-------------------------------

High difficulty song in play...

Quote: Mosca

Since no one knows any of the lyrics I post when I think they are easy, here is one that is probably impossible.


fast and bulbous
(Hey, do it again) I love that, I love those words
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous
Bulbous, also tapered (yeah but you gotta wait until I say it)
Also, a tin teardrop (oh, christ)
(Again, beginning)
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous, also a tin teardrop
Bulbous, also tapered, that's right


-------------------------------

And now, in the category "Classic TV", name that song...

Now we're up in the big leagues
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby
There ain't nothin' wrong with that.



I don’t know it, but I could probably guess it from the clue.
NO KILL I
Joeman
Joeman
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1799
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
January 2nd, 2020 at 5:55:28 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

And now, in the category "Classic TV", name that song...

Now we're up in the big leagues
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby
There ain't nothin' wrong with that.



Movin' On Up, the theme from The Jeffersons
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
jmills
jmills
Joined: Sep 16, 2014
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 98
January 2nd, 2020 at 6:37:03 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Since no one knows any of the lyrics I post when I think they are easy, here is one that is probably impossible.


fast and bulbous
(Hey, do it again) I love that, I love those words
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous
Bulbous, also tapered (yeah but you gotta wait until I say it)
Also, a tin teardrop (oh, christ)
(Again, beginning)
Fast and bulbous, that's right, the mascara snake
Fast and bulbous, also a tin teardrop
Bulbous, also tapered, that's right



It's off Trout Mask Replica, but I don't know the name of the song. So I'll just guess that the song's name is also Trout Mask Replica, by Captain Beefheart.
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 1660
January 2nd, 2020 at 7:27:40 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

Movin' On Up, the theme from The Jeffersons


Ding! Ding! A piece of the pie!!

One of the many spinoffs of "All in the Family", the theme song from "The Jeffersons" usually makes its way into the top 10 of "best TV themes" lists.


-------------------------------

And now, in the category "90's Pop", name that song...

My loneliness is killing me (and I)
I must confess I still believe (still believe)
When I'm not with you I lose my mind
Give me a sign
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.

  • Jump to: