Thread Rating:

Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
December 20th, 2019 at 9:54:24 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Quote: Ayecarumba

This artist released two full length albums on the same day, and oddly, this song wasn't on the one with "Lucky" in the title.



Well thatís Springsteen, but I never really got into him. Great artist, not for me.




"Roll of the Dice" was a track on Bruce Springsteen's "Human Touch" album. "Human Touch" and "Lucky Town" were released on the same day, March 31, 1992.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 3800
December 20th, 2019 at 10:44:12 AM permalink
Captain Smith and Pocahontas
Had a very mad affair
When her daddy tried to kill him
She said "Daddy oh don't you dare"
NO KILL I
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1703
December 20th, 2019 at 10:48:05 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Captain Smith and Pocahontas
Had a very mad affair
When her daddy tried to kill him
She said "Daddy oh don't you dare"


"Fever" by Peggy Lee
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 178
  • Posts: 3800
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
December 20th, 2019 at 12:48:42 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Quote: Mosca

Captain Smith and Pocahontas
Had a very mad affair
When her daddy tried to kill him
She said "Daddy oh don't you dare"


"Fever" by Peggy Lee



Ch-Ching!
NO KILL I
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1703
December 20th, 2019 at 4:39:15 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. The line was replaced by "Hang a shining star upon the highest bough."


Ding! Ding! Very good!!

If you haven't seen the film "Meet Me In St Louis", this song was actually written for a sad scene trying to capture all the uncertainty hanging over the story's family. The first draft of the song began...

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
It may be your last
Next year we may all be living in the past...


Judy Garland refused to sing such dark lyrics to a young child and the song was rewritten but the "muddle through" line was kept and fits the plot. Surprisingly, although he recorded several holiday albums, Sinatra never clicked with a song the way, say, Bing Crosby did with "White Christmas". He came close with this one but most people would say that Garland owns the song.





-------------------------------

Staying in the category of "Christmas", name that song...

Released in 1949, this Christmas song was based on a children's giveaway story booklet written for the Montgomery Ward department store in Christmas 1939.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
December 20th, 2019 at 4:47:43 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere



-------------------------------

Staying in the category of "Christmas", name that song...

Released in 1949, this Christmas song was based on a children's giveaway story booklet written for the Montgomery Ward department store in Christmas 1939.



"Here Comes Santa Claus"?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
December 20th, 2019 at 5:01:06 PM permalink
More Christmas:

What is the name of this esoteric but familiar Christmas tune:

"We are not daily beggars that beg from door to door;
But we are neighbours' children whom you have seen before. "
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1703
December 20th, 2019 at 6:14:30 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

"Here Comes Santa Claus"?


A good guess but no.


Quote: Ayecarumba

More Christmas:

What is the name of this esoteric but familiar Christmas tune:

"We are not daily beggars that beg from door to door;
But we are neighbours' children whom you have seen before. "


I'm thinking "Here We Come A-wassailing".
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
Thanks for this post from:
Gialmere
December 20th, 2019 at 6:20:55 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

More Christmas:

What is the name of this esoteric but familiar Christmas tune:

"We are not daily beggars that beg from door to door;
But we are neighbours' children whom you have seen before. "


I'm thinking "Here We Come A-wassailing".



Huzzah! A hot cup of wassail for your wassailling!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 1703
December 20th, 2019 at 6:51:20 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Huzzah! A hot cup of wassail for your wassailling!


Bam! I'm on a roll today!



Quote: Gialmere

Staying in the category of "Christmas", name that song...

Released in 1949, this Christmas song was based on a children's giveaway story booklet written for the Montgomery Ward department store in Christmas 1939.


The songwriter also wrote such Christmas songs as "A Holly Jolly Christmas" and "Silver and Gold".
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.

  • Jump to: