michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
July 17th, 2019 at 12:22:16 PM permalink
Quote: Face

No offense whatsoever. I know what I look and sound like lol. I was just trying to share the fact you can be emotionally unhinged and riot on paper but still be locked in a logical state where you're a threat to no one, as that describes my entire adult life.

Just giving a different perspective and explaining why I didn't do something some felt strongly about.

Do you think that anyone who has actually carried out a mass shooting .. was at one point in their life simply emotionally unhinged on paper, and then crossed over into taking action ?

Weren’t all these shooters at some prior point in their life considered harmless normal people by their friends , coworkers , etc?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
July 17th, 2019 at 1:10:13 PM permalink
Quote: michael99000

Weren’t all these shooters at some prior point in their life considered harmless normal people by their friends , coworkers , etc?

Yup. Or the friends say they weren't
surprised, he'd been talking about it
for years. Like suicide, they often
talk about killing themselves for
decades before they do it.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
July 17th, 2019 at 1:19:04 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I really don't believe people were actually worried ZK was going to do anything, they just don't like ZK.

Not true. I do not dislike anyone here, since I have only met a few of you. I am concerned.

Gordon, who said I did not report it also?
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
kubikulann
kubikulann
  • Threads: 27
July 17th, 2019 at 2:19:24 PM permalink
Quote: RS

“civilized”

Yes, I understand.
It hurts, doesn’it, when you realise your country, with its gun laws and death penalty, is in a category with the worst unkempt and anti democratic countries in the world, and not part of the elite... Laughing is the ideal escape route, a kind of denial of the facts.

I knew a guy like you.
He kept beating his children, and laughed out loud when told he was primitive. He naturally thought he was the epitome of civilization.
He should have emigrated to the USA.
But he was brown and Muslim, so he would have been rejected. Not because he beat his children, though...

- - - -
Don’t misunderstand me.
I love the USA
They just have two pieces of legislation that would be ridiculous if they were not so dangerous and pro-death.
A sort of socio-political suicide.
Which I regret BECAUSE I like the US. Please stop that folly of killing each other.
Last edited by: kubikulann on Jul 17, 2019
Reperiet qui quaesiverit
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
July 17th, 2019 at 2:32:21 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

So wait until that person actually
kills someone so you can say, oops,
I guess I should have done something.
Makes sense to me..

Nope. Rather I used what life experiences I had to gauge the threat and found nothing worth responding to, let alone having a severe emotional reaction about. If your experiences tell you differently, that's about as right as rain. You're free to make calls and do your civic duty, just as I feel I have done mine.

Quote: michael99000

Do you think that anyone who has actually carried out a mass shooting .. was at one point in their life simply emotionally unhinged on paper, and then crossed over into taking action ?

Probably 100% of them.

But as I've said for years, I come from and stay within a low class of people. Talk like this is not sensational nor worrisome; it's positively idiomatic.

Again, I'm not arguing. I'm not saying your position or how you may have responded is incorrect. It's merely an explanation of my own.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
July 17th, 2019 at 4:30:40 PM permalink
FACE if you get drugs onboard it takes 5 people to hold you down. I think that's what you said. Sounds like beastmode resides in real life there somewhere.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Face
Administrator
Face
July 17th, 2019 at 5:34:55 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

FACE if you get drugs onboard it takes 5 people to hold you down. I think that's what you said. Sounds like beastmode resides in real life there somewhere.

/pedantry on

"Beastmode" is a physiological reaction. Whereas we're all mostly under the restraint of our nervous system so we don't beat our own self to death, "beastmode" turns those protections off allowing for your full potential of physical strength. The mom lifting a car off her baby, for example. My issue at the doc was similar, I think. I just needed to turn over, and no signals, pain or aural, were coming in to tell me to stop. Wasn't a mote of rage involved, which would be expected from one floating through Nirvana lol

/pedantry off

That aside, I'm not sure your point. That I could snap? No disagreement here. I do often. It takes very little these days for me to completely lose my cool. But, I can't deny the proof of the past. Even in the racing thread, that day 3yrs ago when I got pulled over riding all sorts of dirty, remember how pissed I was? Even in there, what did I say?

I couldn't even load it, instead having to hit the trailer with some momentum. That smashed my exhaust all to hell. Had I parked the trailer differently, I'd have dumped a whole wheel of .38+P into the son of a bitch. I was just so f#$%ing done with the lot of it.

Even raged to the max, and literally at the range, and wholly able and allowed to do exactly what I wanted, with a loaded pistol in my pocket, I did not do it. Why? Trailer wasn't parked right, which means it wasn't lined up, and We Don't Send Rounds Down Range Blind.

I can't explain it, man. There's just a wall in my mind. It might be surrounded by grumpkins and snarks and things that go bump in the night, but it's got a 21yr record of impenetrability when it comes to physical violence against another living thing*.

*Northern Hate Dragons are exempt. There's not a Canada goose alive that doesn't need a good head twistin', and I would accept the job with glee.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanks for this post from:
RSAxelWolftringlomane
July 17th, 2019 at 5:50:02 PM permalink
You can tell who the real APs are. Max EV is clearly to stay on ZK's good side.

unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 13
Forager
July 17th, 2019 at 6:03:49 PM permalink

/pedantry on

"Beastmode" is a physiological reaction. Whereas we're all mostly under the restraint of our nervous system so we don't beat our own self to death, "beastmode" turns those protections off allowing for your full potential of physical strength. The mom lifting a car off her baby, for example. My issue at the doc was similar, I think. I just needed to turn over, and no signals, pain or aural, were coming in to tell me to stop. Wasn't a mote of rage involved, which would be expected from one floating through Nirvana lol

/pedantry off

Erroneous! Erroneous! Erroneous on both counts.

Beastmode is how those ASMs take all your money at the BJ table.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Face
Administrator
Face
Joeman
July 17th, 2019 at 6:11:22 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Beastmode is how those ASMs take all your money at the BJ table.

Pfft. Maybe for the dehydrated =p

• Jump to: