cug
cug
  • Threads: 1
June 18th, 2018 at 6:00:32 AM permalink
Hello community members,

I am working on a Baccarat game solver and need to calculate the RTP (return to player).

As far as I understand the RTP is directly related to the HE (House Edge).

RTP=100% - HE

My question is about the baccarat return table with title 'Banker Bet — 8 Decks' as shown on Wizzard of Odds /games/baccarat/basics/#toc-EightDecks

I assume the first table means 'The player has bet a chip of 1 on the banker for a large number of games'. The column PAYS means what the monetary flow will be in case of the corresponding outcome. The RETURN column means what money goes in player's pocket (or out of player's pocket if negative)

The third row suggests that no money flow takes place if the outcome is a tie. That is, as a player betting a chip of 1 on the Banker in a game with outcome Tie, I take my chip back. However, according to the rules, any bets on non-winning outcomes are lost.

I would expect the value in PAYS for Tie to be -1. That would make the house edge greater, which in turn would result in a lesser return to player.

Could you please help me understand why a zero is used for tie to compute the house edge?

Thanks a lot for your help,
cug

P.S. Sorry for not including an image or links to appropriate annotated images. I'm a new user and don't have those rights yet.
Dalex64
Dalex64
June 18th, 2018 at 8:55:16 AM permalink
https://wizardofodds.com/games/baccarat/basics/#toc-EightDecks

rule 11 The score of the Player and Banker hands are compared; the winner is the one that is greater. In an event of a tie, the Player and Banker bets push.
cug
cug
June 18th, 2018 at 10:11:44 AM permalink
Dalex64,

Thanks a lot, I had missed that one rule. It all makes sense now.
  • Jump to: