November 23rd, 2017 at 5:10:00 AM permalink
Happy Thanksgiving folks!
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
mrsuit31
November 23rd, 2017 at 7:57:20 AM permalink
Thanks, and to you too!! It's my favorite holiday of the year. Unfortunately it's followed by my least favorite.
blount2000
blount2000
  • Threads: 42
Thanked by
mrsuit31
November 23rd, 2017 at 9:10:26 AM permalink
Happy Thanksgiving! I'll be eating more than my share of good food today. That tends to happen when you have more than one Thanksgiving meal to attend due to in-laws and such.

Not that I'm complaining.

:)
You serious, Clark?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
mrsuit31
November 23rd, 2017 at 9:23:07 AM permalink
I had a great AP move today. We had a 18 pound butterball turkey that I paid $22 for. Opened it this morning and the inside was all black. It was pretty gross. My mom called butterball and they are sending coupon for new turkey. I took the turkey to the grocery store and they gave me a 21 pound fresh turkey that cost $64 and a $20 giftcard. They were going to give us a cooked turkey but the largest they had left was 16 pounds. That is one hell of roi.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
mrsuit31
November 23rd, 2017 at 10:11:44 AM permalink
Happy turkey day, all! Hope this day of football and food coma lives up to its billing.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
beachbumbabsmrsuit31
November 23rd, 2017 at 10:30:20 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I had a great AP move today. We had a 18 pound butterball turkey that I paid $22 for. Opened it this morning and the inside was all black. It was pretty gross. My mom called butterball and they are sending coupon for new turkey. I took the turkey to the grocery store and they gave me a 21 pound fresh turkey that cost $64 and a $20 giftcard. They were going to give us a cooked turkey but the largest they had left was 16 pounds. That is one hell of roi.

That was a Black Friday bird. Now you are going to miss out on all the special deals. They are created when the manufacturer forgets to butter the balls of said turkey.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
Thanked by
mrsuit31
November 23rd, 2017 at 10:33:55 AM permalink

I had a great AP move today. We had a 18 pound butterball turkey that I paid $22 for. Opened it this morning and the inside was all black. It was pretty gross.

Racist! 😆
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
mrsuit31
November 23rd, 2017 at 10:35:31 AM permalink

Hah, I ran into something sort of similar.

My grocery store has an app where you can load coupons digitally to your card and they are applied automatically at checkout. I went through self checkout and no discount was applied, so I went to the customer service desk and they handed me $18 cash which was the value of my coupons.

Later that day I got an automatic email from the grocery store saying they knew there was an issue with the system, and that they loaded $18 onto my account.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
Thanked by
mrsuit31
November 23rd, 2017 at 12:12:21 PM permalink
"What's the axe for?" says Tom Turkey

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
Thanked by
mrsuit31
November 23rd, 2017 at 12:49:11 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

"What's the axe for?" says Tom Turkey

Poor quality but this is how it's REALLY done. 😉

https://youtu.be/GLJ1OJuUXfM
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 22nd, 2022 at 2:59:50 PM permalink
The Thanksgivings we had in the 50s weren't far from this Norman Rockwell version. Except we had 4 families all celebrating in one house probably a dozen adults and 15 kids. Everybody seemed happier in those days, there was never any arguments or any kind of bad feelings. I think it was because most of the adults were brought up during the Depression. A couple WWII vets and we even had a WWI vet at the table. The women did all the work in the kitchen and the men did absolutely nothing except watch football and drink beer and go deer hunting in the morning. It seems like as time went on and the more media we were exposed to the unhappier people got. People in the 1950s and into 60's just didn't know enough to be unhappy

"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
November 22nd, 2022 at 3:31:40 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The Thanksgivings we had in the 50s weren't far from this Norman Rockwell version. Except we had 4 families all celebrating in one house probably a dozen adults and 15 kids. Everybody seemed happier in those days, there was never any arguments or any kind of bad feelings. I think it was because most of the adults were brought up during the Depression. A couple WWII vets and we even had a WWI vet at the table. The women did all the work in the kitchen and the men did absolutely nothing except watch football and drink beer and go deer hunting in the morning. It seems like as time went on and the more media we were exposed to the unhappier people got. People in the 1950s and into 60's just didn't know enough to be unhappy

link to original post

Yeah that's why they were all smoking in movie theaters and doctors offices

The good old days of killing each other softly.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 22nd, 2022 at 3:37:16 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

link to original post

My dad smoked four packs of cigarettes a day for 50 years and lived to be almost 90. I had a friend who smoked two packs a day and didn't make it past 40. Making blanket statements like you did is meaningless.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
November 22nd, 2022 at 6:47:05 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

My dad smoked four packs of cigarettes a day for 50 years and lived to be almost 90. I had a friend who smoked two packs a day and didn't make it past 40. Making blanket statements like you did is meaningless.
link to original post

Your comment about anecdotal evidence is meaningless.

It's scientifically proven that smoking is hazardous to your health.

It sounds like you don't believe smoking is hazardous?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 11
November 22nd, 2022 at 7:14:09 PM permalink
C’mon dude really? Can’t we all get along on some threads.

Happy Thanksgiving all!!
Son you ain’t paying attention I’m cutting you but you ain’t bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 11
November 22nd, 2022 at 7:16:40 PM permalink
Have to agree with Bob here. Had the big family get together in small grandparents house. All was great. No one on cells phones. People interacting. A lot of fond memories.
Son you ain’t paying attention I’m cutting you but you ain’t bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 22nd, 2022 at 10:54:06 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

That young girl in the bottom left looks like she’s plotting a murder. Happy thanksgiving.
EvenBob
EvenBob
November 24th, 2022 at 8:33:01 AM permalink
The running joke every Thanksgiving in the 50s into the sixties was that my uncle Orville who was born in 1900 and was in World War 1 for one year and deer hunted all his life never got a deer. He'd gone deer hunting every year since he was 12 years old and at that time never shot one deer. And I think I heard he never did for the rest of his life. So everybody gave him a hard time on Thanksgiving cuz that's what everybody did was go deer hunting before dinner. That would be impossible today to not get a deer because the deer herd in Michigan and in the United States is many many times larger than it was then. I just read that it's 100 times larger, if that's possible. I know I see deer all the time because I live in a rural area.
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 50
November 24th, 2022 at 8:50:42 AM permalink
Last year I went to Carrot Top on Thanksgiving, was really surprised how busy it was at the Luxor. Not sure what I will do this year, maybe something good will be on House Seats tonight.
  • Jump to: