31 votes (58.49%)
2 votes (3.77%)

53 members have voted

AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
February 4th, 2014 at 2:20:34 PM permalink
Quote: rudeboyoi

When I'm walking with a cigarette in a crowded place, I'll hold the lit end inwards towards my palm.

I hold it close to me until someone gets close. Then I suddenly start swinging it around as I lunge towards them, burning side out.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
February 4th, 2014 at 2:29:19 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

No, old people are more likely to have
never smoked or quit years before.

Non smokers are more likely to get old.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." - Isaac Newton
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
February 4th, 2014 at 2:34:52 PM permalink
I wish the feds would make tobacco illegal.......I'm looking for a new line of work.
Each day is better than the next
Zer0
Zer0
  • Threads: 36
February 4th, 2014 at 9:27:57 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

I wish the feds would make tobacco illegal.......I'm looking for a new line of work.

If you mean as in law enforcement you'd be busy that's for sure, making tobacco illegal would lead to an insane black market. Prohibition made the mob a fortune 500 company, with tobacco you're looking at an even bigger nightmare to enforce considering its a plant you can grow with minimal effort (even more so than pot, which to my understanding is very high maintenance), at least now the government makes $ on it in taxes, if it became illegal the enforcement costs would increase our already out of control debt.
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
February 4th, 2014 at 9:59:31 PM permalink
Has anyone actually been around a tobacco plant? I have no idea what one even looks like to be honest. Time to google!
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 32
February 4th, 2014 at 10:35:52 PM permalink

There is only one country where tobacco is illegal. And it is a huge black market.

If you want a job hunting down cigarette smugglers work for the ATF they already spend a ton of time tracking down trucks illegally crossing state lines to sell lower price taxes etc...
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
February 5th, 2014 at 3:06:25 AM permalink
Quote: Gandler

There is only one country where tobacco is illegal. And it is a huge black market. If you want a job hunting down cigarette smugglers work for the ATF they already spend a ton of time tracking down trucks illegally crossing state lines to sell lower price taxes etc...

I have a friend who spends a couple of months a year in Thailand. And he tells me that premium cigarettes like Marlboro sell for $6.50 a carton there. And he tells me there are American ex-patriots there shipping them back to the United States by the case. I wonder if this is really true.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 227
February 5th, 2014 at 3:15:14 AM permalink

At $10 a pack or more in NYC you should be able to make a little extra right now, at least build your customer base. Just remember to pay taxes to the right party or else your career may be cut short.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
February 5th, 2014 at 3:23:04 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

At $10 a pack or more in NYC you should be able to make a little extra right now, at least build your customer base. Just remember to pay taxes to the right party or else your career may be cut short.

I had an uncle who was a bootlegger in Mississippi all his life. He sold bonded whiskey. Stayed away from moonshine. Untaxed booze brings the feds in. He only had to deal with local and state law enforcement. The feds don't care about bootlegging as long as they get their tax money.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 227
February 5th, 2014 at 3:45:31 AM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

I had an uncle who was a bootlegger in Mississippi all his life. He sold bonded whiskey. Stayed away from moonshine. Untaxed booze brings the feds in. He only had to deal with local and state law enforcement. The feds don't care about bootlegging as long as they get their tax money.

The feds are funny like that!

Just remember, who makes more money off of a pack of cigarettes:

A.) The farmer
B.) The cigarette company
C.) The retailer
D.) State and Federal government
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: