reno
reno
  • Threads: 123
April 24th, 2011 at 11:39:16 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Show me I am wrong on a statement of fact and I will admit I am wrong.

Electrics have improved little in 100 years now. I am not confident at all.

The 2012 Tesla Model S can go 300 miles between charges and has a top speed of 120 mph.

I'm begging you to humor me and admit there's a big difference between this:

and this:

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 24th, 2011 at 11:48:13 AM permalink
Quote: Wavy70

Can you reference any mainstream candidate or politician on the "Left" that wants open boarders?

Yes. Start with those officials who are supposed to be enforcing the laws on entering the United States. Does the name of Janet Napolitano ring a bell?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
April 24th, 2011 at 12:34:32 PM permalink
Quote: reno

The 2012 Tesla Model S can go 300 miles between charges and has a top speed of 120 mph.

I'm begging you to humor me and admit there's a big difference between this:

and this:

There is a difference between them. There is also a difference between a Model T and a new Fiesta. The electric is still inferior.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 39
April 24th, 2011 at 3:38:01 PM permalink
Okay, so how's this for a reference:

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/01/grijalva-giffords-shooting-tea-party-palin

In addition to Grijalva's comments, here is a bit more from the article addressing how the left tried to blame the right for the shooting:

A number of prominent left-wing blogs, including Daily Kos and FireDogLake, also blamed Sarah Palin for fanning the flames by placing Giffords—along with other vulnerable Democratic members of Congress—literally in the crosshairs on a map during the midterm elections. Grijalva said that the Palin "apparatus" shares responsibility for creating a climate of extremism. "Both Gabby and I were targeted in the apparatus in that cycle [saying] these people are 'enemies.'" He concluded: "The Palin express better look at their tone and their tenor."

I'm sure I can find other references and I realize my first reference was not as good of a source as this one; I simply felt that most of us remembered that there was an immediate attempt to blame the right for the shooting. Whether you listen to/read MSNBC, the main stream media, or Fox, it was pretty clearly there.
7outlineaway
7outlineaway
  • Threads: 9
April 24th, 2011 at 3:59:02 PM permalink
Trump strikes me as Americas's greatest advantage player. I'm not certain that should qualify him to run the country, but people on this board should at least be admiring him for that.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 158
April 24th, 2011 at 3:59:52 PM permalink
I'd like to be worried about the unfair blame accusations from the left, but I don't.

Now if that guy had a camera, he'd be done for.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
April 24th, 2011 at 6:02:06 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

I'm sure I can find other references and I realize my first reference was not as good of a source as this one; I simply felt that most of us remembered that there was an immediate attempt to blame the right for the shooting. Whether you listen to/read MSNBC, the main stream media, or Fox, it was pretty clearly there.

The left still thinks JFK was shot by a "right wing nutjob." The left still thinks the Tea Party is racist and violent.

Look how much less trash is left after a Tea Party Rally vs a union rally. Trash isn't violence, but picking up after yourself says something.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
April 24th, 2011 at 7:34:54 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Yes. Start with those officials who are supposed to be enforcing the laws on entering the United States. Does the name of Janet Napolitano ring a bell?

Ah so this immigration problem started in January of 2009. Face it aside from talking about it no party wants to do anything. I must have missed all the extreme efforts the last administration made to stem the tide. Could you list all the successes Tom Ridge, James Loy and Michael Certoff had in the war on illegal immigration?
If you want to stem illegal immigrants start with companies like Tyson Foods who almost exclusively use undocumented workers to process chickens.

Still waiting for the politician who wants "open boarders". Thanks for trying Sancho.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
April 24th, 2011 at 7:38:19 PM permalink

Look how much less trash is left after a Tea Party Rally vs a union rally. Trash isn't violence, but picking up after yourself says something.

Source? Which rallies are you comparing. Amount of people at each. How much collected in bins as opposed to picked up on the ground after.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
April 24th, 2011 at 10:13:15 PM permalink

The left still thinks JFK was shot by a "right wing nutjob." The left still thinks the Tea Party is racist and violent.

It is these arguments that make conservatives look stupid.

Equally ridiculous: "The right thinks that Obama is a Muslim and was born in Kenya. The right still thinks that there were weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq".

Trash left after a rally does not indicate that one rally is better or worse than another. It might be the work of one organizer to say, "we need a team to pick up the trash", while the union organizer says, "we won't pick up the trash... we'll let someone else (who gets paid overtime on another union's dime) to do it."

I don't have problems with unions. I lived in a steel town where half of the city worked for the unionized company (my dad worked there) and the other half worked for the un-unionized company (who had to pay the same to compete). Without the unions, my dad would have made 1/2 the money he did, my mother would have been forced to work full time (she was disabled when I turned 14), and my life would have been far worse off. Much of America was in the same situation in the 70s and 90s. This situation has deteriorating rapidly and the middle class is disappearing along with the unions. Of course this is due to globalization and the willingness and capability for corporations to outsource as much work as possible to another labor force who can and will perform similar functions for much cheaper. America has not adapted. Instead it has decreased the tax rate on the poor and lower middle classes to compensate for the lower wages that they are making. It subsidizes (heavily) its farmers. There has been no major new industry since the technological bubble in the 90s.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!

• Jump to: