NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
February 12th, 2012 at 12:12:09 AM permalink
It is so sad about Whitney today, supposedly Elton John dedicated Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me to her tonight.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
February 12th, 2012 at 12:18:42 AM permalink
Lou Reed's "Heroin" would have been more apt.

dopefiend
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
February 12th, 2012 at 12:25:27 AM permalink
Whitney died today, her career died 10 years ago.
What a waste.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
February 12th, 2012 at 12:26:29 AM permalink
She had one of the best voices ever, and it is so sad she ruined her life with the drugs and stuff.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff 
  • Threads: 264
February 12th, 2012 at 12:48:31 AM permalink
Anita O'Day's reaction to her first shot of heroin was: this is better than a martini and better than sex, here is another twenty. Sure she had some problem with it some of them notable but she still focused on her career comebacks. Some stars handle the "glitter" well.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 300
February 12th, 2012 at 3:13:50 AM permalink
Unforgettable "Star Spangled Banner" performance in the Super Bowl right in the middle of the Persian Gulf War. Sad.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
February 12th, 2012 at 4:30:34 AM permalink
Maybe Scott Norwood was still thinking of the song when he went "wide right".

Either way, you had to know this news was coming years ago.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
February 12th, 2012 at 5:15:46 AM permalink
She had a hell of a great voice.

Quote: odiousgambit

Unforgettable "Star Spangled Banner" performance in the Super Bowl right in the middle of the Persian Gulf War. Sad.

That's the version I use when I need to play the anthem at events.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
February 12th, 2012 at 5:34:12 AM permalink
I really was tempted to find some crack to smoke in remembrance, but "crack is wack..."

In all seriousness, it's sad, but not hard to believe. The woman was plagued with bad decision making her entire life. It's sad to think that she had all that singing talent go to waste, but look at how many musicians who abuse drugs. You think that the countless examples would affect them, but they still keep using and abusing...

May she Rest In Peace.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
February 12th, 2012 at 6:33:09 AM permalink
Quote: Tiltpoul

I really was tempted to find some crack to smoke in remembrance, but "crack is wack..."

In all seriousness, it's sad, but not hard to believe. The woman was plagued with bad decision making her entire life. It's sad to think that she had all that singing talent go to waste, but look at how many musicians who abuse drugs. You think that the countless examples would affect them, but they still keep using and abusing...

I never understood why so many performers use so much of the time. Once I heard a star said it was the lonliness after the performance ended. One minute thousands of people fawning all over you, next alone in the dressing room and even then the promoter has gotten his money and isn't goiong to cater to you, he wants your stage packed up before the arena owner is all over him for running late.

As to her personal life Ms Houston had a repuration of being hard to deal with and not well liked. I remember an article about limo drivers in a city and how they got to meet celebs and the one they were quoting drove Whitney once. She came to town again and he outright refused saying, "there isn't enough money." Supposedly most of the drivers said the same about her.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

• Jump to: