vert1276
vert1276
  • Threads: 70
November 1st, 2011 at 7:46:47 PM permalink
Have been wanting one for years....it was on my "must have list"....came in the mail today....just went an picked it up....and have been drooling on it for a couple of hours....nothing like a 1970's Colt python 357 mag!

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 326
November 1st, 2011 at 8:17:21 PM permalink
Nice gun.

Now that you've scratched that itch, how about some automatic knives?

I just got this one ... bladehq

There are several sites you can buy them online, no questions asked, and they're shipped to your home even if your state forbids automatic knives.

"The only difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys."
"What, me worry?"
Scotty71
Scotty71
  • Threads: 19
November 1st, 2011 at 8:23:40 PM permalink
Very nice, a big revolver is much more intimidating that 90% of the guns out there and drop dead reliable too!
when man determined to destroy himself he picked the was of shall and finding only why smashed it into because." E.E. Cummings
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
November 1st, 2011 at 8:34:58 PM permalink
Oh, vert. /drool. I can feel those odd gears start to turn in the back of my head, the ones responsible for driving the "needless wants" machine. Got a purpose for that, or is it like so many of my "just cuz" purchases? ;)

This is one of the faves out of my arsenal, single action Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag. It doesn't have that old world allure to it, but it's just so big and brash. And the BOOM! it makes tends to make all lifes problems drop away, forgotten. It's too expensive to shoot, way too big for CCW, too heavy to carry for long hours, and since I no longer hunt, really has no purpose in my life anymore. But damn if I can even think about parting ways with it. There's just something about big revolvers...
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
vert1276
vert1276
November 1st, 2011 at 9:16:29 PM permalink
It was a"just cause" purchases....I would never carry a "blued" gun...They just get to much holster wear....plus I think a 4 barrel is just maybe an inch to long to carry..IMO....I guess it would make a great "night stand gun"......but it will probably only get 100 rounds a year or so and sit in my gun safe....I will never carry it.....have to many others to fill that need that I didn't spend $2300 on LOL

As for for your Blackhawk....it is a sweet gun....Believe it or not...I own about 45 hand guns....and around 80 guns of all types....and I am a HUGE revolver fan...and own at least 20....but I do not even own 1 single action revolver......I dont know why...I have just never been into "cowboy guns".....and what funny is when at the range(my back 40)....I fire most of my revolvers single action.....although this Colt I just got has the nicest double action tiger pull I have ever felt!...But if I was to buy a single action, it would be for sure a ruger...only becasue they are the only single actions out there that look "modern"

This is my second gun I bought this week....my wife is PISSED lol.....I also just bought a Smith & Wesson.."GOVERNOR" lol....a total novelty gun I will almost never use or fire....But come one, what guy doesn't want a revolver that fires shotgun shells LOL. that's just too cool to not own one LOL
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1390
November 1st, 2011 at 9:24:06 PM permalink
Nice knife. $400 seems rather steep though. When I was a teenager I purchased an "automatic knife" in Tijuana, but the ejecting mechanism didn't last long. It probably would have only caused laughter in a knife fight anyway.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
November 1st, 2011 at 9:45:46 PM permalink
It is interesting to hear of members' interests and hobbies outside of gaming. I really have little to contribute to this thread, since I have only owned two firearms in my life. I currently have one of them, obtained through inheritance: a Smith and Wesson Model 18 "Combat Masterpiece". This is a .22 cal. revolver in the same frame size and appearance and similar weight as several other models (10, 12, 13, 15, 19) in .38 and .357 calibers. My guess is that the .22 model was introduced as a practice weapon, giving the same feel at a much lower operating expense for practice sessions than the larger-bore revolvers.

Long ago, I had quite a bit of experience at small-bore riflery -- target shooting only, and with rifles owned by the team sponsors. I have no interest in hunting or in firearms for self defense. I have long thought about taking up pistol target shooting, but I think I would prefer an auto-loader to a revolver, perhaps in 9 mm or .45 cal. I have limited experience with such firearms, but the idea has lead me to ponder trying to sell the S&W revolver and direct the funds toward a target piece. I have never looked into it enough to really get serious.

Quote: Wizard

It probably would have only caused laughter in a knife fight anyway.

Only briefly.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 326
November 1st, 2011 at 11:33:40 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Nice knife. $400 seems rather steep though. When I was a teenager I purchased an "automatic knife" in Tijuana, but the ejecting mechanism didn't last long. It probably would have only caused laughter in a knife fight anyway.

That Microtech is far and away my best automatic knife.

I have about ten others, all purchased from a sister site that focuses on "affordable" switchblades.

see ... bladeplay

The knife shown is my favorite from those guys: affordable, well made, and quick, tight action.

Again, they ship "no questions asked."
"What, me worry?"
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 180
November 2nd, 2011 at 6:46:51 AM permalink
None of that is my thing, but those are absolutely beautiful machines, both the guns and the knives. I can understand the attraction.

Both great photos by the way, Vert I especially like that one, with the weathered box. (Photography is my kind of shooting.)
NO KILL I
vert1276
vert1276
November 2nd, 2011 at 10:00:20 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Nice gun.

Now that you've scratched that itch, how about some automatic knives?

I just got this one ... bladehq

There are several sites you can buy them online, no questions asked, and they're shipped to your home even if your state forbids automatic knives.

"The only difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys."

Microtechs are sweet for sure.....if you ever mess around on youtube...."cutlerylover" does a lot of microtech knife reviews....I can easily spend 2 or 3 thousand on a nice hand gun or rife or shotgun I "just have to have"....but cant bring myself to spend 400 on a knife lol.....the other thing that scares me is the laws on these knifes....they are so shady.....of course every state has different laws when it comes to "automatic knives"....But would hate to get some dickhead cop/judge to screw me over because I was carrying one....get a felony on my record and would be unable to own guns if that happened!....Hell...I know in California you can be convicted of a felony concealed weapon charge with a butter knife in your pocket....you even hear "urban legend" stories of dickhead judges in Cali convicting people on felony charges for carrying a concealed "stabling weapon"...and the weapon was a ball point pen!.....

• Jump to: