Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
November 4th, 2011 at 4:44:30 PM permalink
Quote: Scotty71

Anyone think I'm wrong about that meaning?

Beats me.

How do you determine the meaning? As far as I can see you can assign any meaning that fits your purpose, and there's no rational way to argue about it.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Scotty71
Scotty71
  • Threads: 19
November 4th, 2011 at 4:52:28 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed
In other words, married women are property.[/q

Yes, in 30 AD / 2BC or whatever they were definitely property. You were raised Jewish I believe, ever spend anytime around Orthodox women & men... not too different from some Christian sects (like Pentecostals) other than the Orthodox women are usually much better educated.

when man determined to destroy himself he picked the was of shall and finding only why smashed it into because." E.E. Cummings
Nareed
Nareed
November 4th, 2011 at 5:17:13 PM permalink
Quote: Scotty71

Yes, in 30 AD / 2BC or whatever they were definitely property. You were raised Jewish I believe, ever spend anytime around Orthodox women & men... not too different from some Christian sects (like Pentecostals) other than the Orthodox women are usually much better educated.

Can you repeat that in a way that's easy to understand? You seem to be either asking a question or making a statement, I'm not sure which, then you go on to something that doesn't seem to be related. Are you talking about orthodox Jews, or Eastern Rites Orthodox Catholics/Christians (whatever they're called). In either case I see no point made or question asked at all.
Nareed
Nareed
November 4th, 2011 at 7:48:33 PM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

I constantly was falling asleep in class.

I wouldn't mention sleep in a sermon. No use encouraging natural tendencies.
NowTheSerpent
NowTheSerpent
  • Threads: 15
November 4th, 2011 at 8:41:46 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Yes. It would be easier to cherrypick which instructions to adopt, but following Christ requires an, "All In" commitment.

You said it, not me. Are you prepared for this statement to play against you, or is it just a platitude over which you claim a kind of monopoly and with which to "judge" others? Do you comprehend the unpredictable cost your affirmation may impose upon you?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 431
November 4th, 2011 at 9:22:49 PM permalink
FrGamble, be honest, is Jonathon Morris your catholic idol? He speaks
4 languages, has a job in the Vatican, has a radio show, and is a
regular on Fox/News. He has the looks of a movie star on top of all
that.

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
November 4th, 2011 at 9:40:25 PM permalink
While I would like to be able to speak four languages and I admire what Fr. Morris is able to do in presenting the faith, I would never trade parish life for a job at the Vatican. I like being a grunt on the frontlines working hard for the Lord.

• Jump to: