10 votes (71.42%)
1 vote (7.14%)
3 votes (21.42%)

14 members have voted

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 31st, 2011 at 3:37:46 PM permalink
For any readers of "Drudge Report" this past weekend there was a link that a meter-maid in Pittsburgh gave a parking ticket to a city fire truck. The firemen were doing something inside that was not a fire and she wrote it up. Further investigation via a FB Friend who's husband is a cop said this woman will write parking tickets for MARKED police cars in the same spots (in front of the city-county building) as well.

Now, I ask, how is it possible she has not been called into the captains office and told knock it off or she will be suspended?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
October 31st, 2011 at 3:39:32 PM permalink
These tax feeders should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us, and should not be allowed to break the same silly laws that are used to extract money from our pockets.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
October 31st, 2011 at 3:47:05 PM permalink
Maybe her boss is a just and honorable man?

I'm a fan of cutting civil workers slack. Many of my good friends and teammates are on the force, and I can appreciate what they do. But, in a non-emergency situation, shouldn't they park like everyone else?

I'll cut 'em slack on the fire lane, it's pretty much theirs anyway and if something pops up, they're already there. But bus lanes? Handicapped? Delivery doors? Nah. They're restricted for a reason, park like the rest of us.

Next thing you know they'll be running red lights and requesting free coffee ;)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
November 1st, 2011 at 11:16:08 AM permalink
Quote: Face

Maybe her boss is a just and honorable man?

I'm a fan of cutting civil workers slack. Many of my good friends and teammates are on the force, and I can appreciate what they do. But, in a non-emergency situation, shouldn't they park like everyone else?

I'll cut 'em slack on the fire lane, it's pretty much theirs anyway and if something pops up, they're already there. But bus lanes? Handicapped? Delivery doors? Nah. They're restricted for a reason, park like the rest of us.

Next thing you know they'll be running red lights and requesting free coffee ;)

Maybe she walks in with her recorder already on, and hands boss the business card of the meanest, baddest, smartest attorney in town.
That's assuming he doesn't meet your description.
  • Jump to: