inap
inap
  • Threads: 12
August 7th, 2011 at 6:36:11 AM permalink
i had three dreams which were pretty strange and moving and i felt i had to share this experience wtih someone, but i don't want to tell friends or family because i don't want to disturb or upset them. in fact i told my gf about my first dream and she covered her ears and didn't want to hear it, so i thought it better not to tell her about the second and third dreams.

the first dream was about a couple weeks ago. i had a dream that i was in a plane going to vegas and it crashed. the thing was, the dream, if you could call it that, only lasted about three seconds! in my sleep i felt i was suddenly thrown forward with only my seat belt holding me back and my feet braced against the seat in front of me. i could see the ground coming up fast and we were in a nearly vertical plunge only a few hundred feet from the ground. only seconds from crashing. within about two seconds this flashed through my mind. first, shit i'm going to die! then, this how i'm going to die! then, why can't the pilot just level out to plane a little so at least we have a chance to survive! but it was too late for that. we were only a second from hitting the ground. then i woke up. the whole dream experience only lasted the last seconds before crashing. and it felt very real. i told my gf about it and she covered her ears. we're planning a trip to vegas in october.

the next night i had a dream with my father in it, then a dream with my mother in it. two different dreams but one after the other. i won't go into details except that i rarely have dreams like this with my parents in them. they both passed away a couple years ago.

this past week i had a dream of dying. again it only lasted a few seconds because it was at the moment of death. i remember falling to the ground, but i didn't feel anything because i realized i was dead when i hit the ground. then my family came to me and they were in shock and disbelief. they were calling me and crying. i could still see them, and i saw when i fell. like i was already dead but my spirit could still see everything for the last seconds. in those last seconds i remember thinking, shit i'm dead! so this is how it feels to die. then i felt sadness for my family. i wanted to tell them i could still see them, but i couldn't. then my spirit disappeared and i woke up.

just thought i'd share this with you as it was very moving. like i could experience death and dying and describe it to others. just wondered if anyone else here had a near death experience, or similar types of dreams.

DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
August 7th, 2011 at 7:26:14 AM permalink
I recall reading somewhere that if you have a dream like that, where you're falling off a cliff or something, that you'll wake up before you hit ground. If you actually hit ground in the dream, then you'll die in your sleep.

Personally, I'd just chalk it up to "dreams are weird" and leave it at that.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 291
August 7th, 2011 at 7:59:12 AM permalink
I had a very vivid dream the other night where I kept finding doors to my house unlocked and had to go around kicking uncooperative but harmless people out of room after room after room. I don't have a house with room after room after room. [g]

Someone told me that they found it upsetting to have their parents visit them in their dreams after they died. I didnt exactly know what he meant, then my parents died and I found out. They can come to you in your dreams in a very vivid way, like a supernatural visitation. It is upsetting!

So I sympathize with you for that, but the "dying" dreams tend to not upset me. Anymore I seem to also be an observer, and even realize it is just a dream when I dream them, which hasnt been often.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
August 7th, 2011 at 8:15:00 AM permalink
My father died many years ago when I was a teenager, and I have had many, many dreams with him in them. Just as often today as when he first passed away. I also notice that if I am in a house, it is usually the house I grew up in and lived in until I was 17, not the many other places I have lived since.
MangoJ
MangoJ
  • Threads: 10
August 7th, 2011 at 8:23:13 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Someone told me that they found it upsetting to have their parents visit them in their dreams after they died. I didnt exactly know what he meant, then my parents died and I found out. They can come to you in your dreams in a very vivid way, like a supernatural visitation. It is upsetting!

My father died while I was abroad, but being out of reach I could not possibly know about this. And yet at the very day of his death I had random thoughts about him, having dreams with him appearing the following nights. I felt quite uncomfortable and in feared somehow he might have died. Then I decided to call home and found out about his death. This was the creepiest moment in my life, but in retrospective I'm pretty sure human mind plays tricks on yourself.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
August 7th, 2011 at 9:07:32 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

I recall reading somewhere that if you have a dream like that, where you're falling off a cliff or something, that you'll wake up before you hit ground. If you actually hit ground in the dream, then you'll die in your sleep.

You might what to think about why that theory is a bunch of hooey... :)

(and I'm not dismissing it on a disbelief in dreams being predictive)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
August 7th, 2011 at 9:13:32 AM permalink
Quote: inap

..i didn't feel anything because i realized i was dead..

Cogito Ergo Sum. I wouldn't worry about it. You're going to die, just not today.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 291
August 7th, 2011 at 9:18:29 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

You might what to think about why (the if-you-hit-ground-in-dream-you-die) theory is a bunch of hooey... :)

I knew a girl who said she would hit the ground in her dreams! she lived to tell about it [g]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
August 7th, 2011 at 2:14:34 PM permalink
Shit, I'm flying back home to Vegas tonight from Texas. Thank you, voice of DOOOOM......
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
August 7th, 2011 at 5:54:05 PM permalink
I had a dream involving Kim Kardashian, a Tijuana mule, and a slip-n-slide.

Go figure.
"What, me worry?"

• Jump to: