1 vote (16.66%)
3 votes (50%)
2 votes (33.33%)

6 members have voted

dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
July 24th, 2011 at 4:05:40 PM permalink
Google+ is a new social networking tool, designed by Google to compete with the big social networking sites. Privacy control is obviously a high priority: all your contacts are grouped into circles that you customize (you can place folks in more than one circle). You can then set which circles can see anything you post, resulting in a very customizable privacy experience.

Google+ in invitation-only testing, but it's easy to get invited by a friend. Share pictures, thoughts, meet up with old friends, create instant chat 'huddle's, etc. No games (yet? ever?)

The poll question is obvious. Can the GOOGLE-OGRE take on Facebook?

P.S. I never joined Facebook, but you can find me on Google+
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
July 24th, 2011 at 4:21:03 PM permalink
Facebook may already have seen its peak. In the USA it has reached saturation. Overseas there is room to grow but by how much? Facebook seems to be falling into a place where the same few people use it and update quite a bit. Some others update when it is important but this is less often. Some are on it so you can find them but that is the end of it. Some have no use at all.

LinkedIn is Facebook for buisness, good for keeping and making contacts but less useful for friendly chat. My Facebook friend list has topped out but I actually work to expand my LI nework. I have gotten at least one unsolicited interview from LI, not bad considering I wasn't even trying.

So, the question is, what is Google going to give me that the others are not?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
toastcmu
toastcmu
  • Threads: 17
July 24th, 2011 at 6:21:57 PM permalink
I've been playing with google+ and I think of it as a glorified twitter account at the moment - everyone is making comments or posting pics (in longer sentences), but there's no real "benefit" to me at the moment. It seems like all the tech companies are chasing the next big thing in social networking, and much like myspace (who remembers that), old tools will fade away in to anonymity.....

-B
Ericayne
Ericayne
  • Threads: 0
July 24th, 2011 at 6:35:29 PM permalink
i'm still on myspace................................................
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 24th, 2011 at 6:47:14 PM permalink
I still haven't found a use for facebook. So the prospect of another internet fad, well <shrug>
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
  • Jump to: