wildqat
wildqat
  • Threads: 4
April 8th, 2011 at 10:20:50 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

You flatter your fellow posters. I don't get either.

You already got "punters," so here's PEPCON (the quick version):

PEPCON was a chemical company that had a plant outside of Henderson. One of the chemicals they produced was rocket fuel for the Space Shuttle SRBs. One day the plant caught fire. The fire spread to the stored rocket fuel. And that, as they say, was that.

I think the Henderson Shockwaves would be a better reference to it, though (although Hendersonians (Hendersonites?) might feel differently).
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
April 8th, 2011 at 10:23:03 AM permalink
Following the example set by Utah's basketball team ...

Las Vegas Friars.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
April 8th, 2011 at 11:42:00 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Hey hey... that's a good Fantasy Football team name anyways...

Las Vegas Aces? LV Royals? Las Vegas 21's?

The (ice) hockey team is called the Wranglers, for what it's worth.

I like your suggestion for th LAS VEGAS ACES and the LAS VEGAS ROYALS. Very fitting in my opinion.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
April 8th, 2011 at 1:06:03 PM permalink
Aces are already a minor league basketball team. Royals were a minor league basketball team (and currently a MLB team in Kansas City). Even the Gamblers were a minor league hockey team.

All the good scary names are used up. All that is left now are "concept" names: "Orlando Fantasy", "Los Angeles Temptation", "Miami Caliente".... oh wait, that's the Lingerie Football League.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 8th, 2011 at 1:18:19 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Aces are already a minor league basketball team. Royals were a minor league basketball team (and currently a MLB team in Kansas City). Even the Gamblers were a minor league hockey team.

All the good scary names are used up. All that is left now are "concept" names: "Orlando Fantasy", "Los Angeles Temptation", "Miami Caliente".... oh wait, that's the Lingerie Football League.

The Alaska Aces are a ECHL hockey team... who play the Wranglers a few times each year.

Talking of football, how long a drive is it from LV to Arizona's stadium?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
thecesspit
thecesspit
April 8th, 2011 at 1:19:32 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I like your suggestion for th LAS VEGAS ACES and the LAS VEGAS ROYALS. Very fitting in my opinion.

I guess the Las Vegas Jacks just isn't the same? (And the LV Queens gives completely the wrong impression).

Las Vegas Locomotives already exists in the UFL, of course.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
April 8th, 2011 at 1:29:02 PM permalink

Talking of football, how long a drive is it from LV to Arizona's stadium?

Five hours. About 270 - 280 miles, it's like driving to Los Angeles.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
thecesspit
thecesspit
April 8th, 2011 at 1:43:31 PM permalink
Thanks, we could do it as a LONG day trip then. If the NFL season happens might take a tour down there to catch a game then.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 8th, 2011 at 5:29:36 PM permalink

I guess the Las Vegas Jacks just isn't the same? (And the LV Queens gives completely the wrong impression).

Which face cards hold daggers again? I forget.

I like your suggestion os the Las Vegas Aces. It woudl be an even better name for a tennis team, but there's no such thing.

Quote:

Las Vegas Locomotives already exists in the UFL, of course.

Yes. But does the UFL really exist? :P
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
April 8th, 2011 at 5:35:09 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Yes. But does the UFL really exist? :P

We're getting a UFL team here. We're already on our third head coach and they haven't played game one yet.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.

• Jump to: