rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
October 29th, 2022 at 9:52:54 AM permalink
Thought this might be useful.

You know even if you're not concerned if someone is going to post pics on the internet of you walking around naked in your hotel room, there is the potential of a camera position to look at an open laptop, recording you entering keys for a password possibly. Or maybe just scouting for when your room is empty for nefarious purposes of some sort.

I don't endorse this particular video, or if he has affiliate links, it is a short video though. Use your own searches to find similar if you like, but thought it was an interesting topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekm6ZJ-KP98
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
FTB
FTB
  • Threads: 7
October 29th, 2022 at 10:10:08 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Thought this might be useful.

You know even if you're not concerned if someone is going to post pics on the internet of you walking around naked in your hotel room, there is the potential of a camera position to look at an open laptop, recording you entering keys for a password possibly. Or maybe just scouting for when your room is empty for nefarious purposes of some sort.

I don't endorse this particular video, or if he has affiliate links, it is a short video though. Use your own searches to find similar if you like, but thought it was an interesting topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekm6ZJ-KP98
link to original post

In the world we live in today, there's cameras everywhere. You never know who is watching or who is listening as well. It's come to the point you have to be careful what you say and do even in one's own home, sad to say.
Playing #DH Texas Poker# Texas Hold 'Em by Droid Hen Droidhen use referral code 8pjpdna
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
October 29th, 2022 at 12:25:25 PM permalink
It turns out there really is an old man watching our every move. Sister Joan was right.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
October 29th, 2022 at 12:30:32 PM permalink
Quote: FTB

In the world we live in today, there's cameras everywhere. You never know who is watching or who is listening as well. It's come to the point you have to be careful what you say and do even in one's own home, sad to say.
link to original post

My mother-in-law can't understand why I might not want a wiretap for a TV remote control.
Preferring to push the buttons with my thumb apparently makes me a luddite.
May the cards fall in your favor.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
March 7th, 2024 at 10:22:36 AM permalink
Recent news

Quote:

One in 4 travelers found an illegally concealed camera in their vacation rental in 2023, according to a recent survey by property investment firm IPX1031, which said, "While rental properties offer many benefits, privacy and security remain hot topics, especially when it comes to cameras."

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
March 7th, 2024 at 11:36:45 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Recent news

Quote:

One in 4 travelers found an illegally concealed camera in their vacation rental in 2023, according to a recent survey by property investment firm IPX1031, which said, "While rental properties offer many benefits, privacy and security remain hot topics, especially when it comes to cameras."

link to original post

Hmmmmm, Shouldn't that be 'one in four that searched for them? Subtly different. But then the report was on Fox.

Hiding those cameras might not be so smart or so easy. What the renter has to consider is 'where would I hide a camera for maximum potential thrill' and then search there.

I've experience of using tiny covert cameras to catch a person robbing an elderly relative. Prime consideration was room coverage making location a no brainer. Corners of a room, head to ceiling height are prime.

The penalty for having spy cams in an airbnb should be very severe, indeed.

Airbnb cams are likely to be powered by external battery or the mains that feed the hiding device
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
  • Jump to: